NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Trust me I was not happy about that either but I knew if I gave it to you it would have caused even more issues. I got told I didn't give the Lowriders any recognition either... someone told them it was a low rider event so I have no idea whats going on there.

Next year I will work on making it a little easier for everyone to work with.

Not a problem at all. Just as a suggestion, coming up with different classes usually eliminates any confusion over what type of cars should come. The more classes you have, the greater the draw.

Hey, I never have a problem losing to the Grape Ape. For years people have told me to get Lambos for my car, but as I have always told them, if I have to put Lambo doors on my car to beat someone, I'll just settle for 2nd. Great seeing everyone who showed up. Next year I'll help Elliot get the event on desertcruisers.com and cruisinarizona.com so he gets a better draw from the car nuts in Phoenix.

PS. At the end of the show the last award to be given out was for "Best Sleeper", and apparently the car the judges had chosen had left. So they asked anyone if they felt they had a "sleeper". When I saw that the only guy who held up his hand owned a Honda with a slightly beefed up engine, I decided to try for the award myself. I have never won that type of award and I thought that a C4 with 530hp vs. the stock 300hp should be considered a "sleeper". At least several high end cars that thought they could beat my old C4 certainly believe it is a sleeper. In any event, we didn't want it to appear that Elliot was favoring another ACEhole vette, so I agreed to settle who got the award with a coin toss; the Honda got the award! Now I have to say that I lost out to a 225hp Honda, oh the shame!!! :facepalm:

I guess the Miata with an LS2 stuffed in it went invisible that was the or should have been the sleeper winner. It was done clean and looked really nice too. He even kept the C6 Intake air filter housing on it. Looked Sweet :-)

He got build, because in my mind as sleeper as he was I didn't want someone to get 2 awards and his build by far was one of the cleanest.

• 2 months later...

Posted Image#54 1st Place C4 Modified, 9-28-13, 7th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Show, Prescott

Several other ACEholes also won awards. Post up your awards as well.

Congrats all! I wish we could have made it this year. I'm trying to wrap up some personal projects to free up some time to get out to these events more. I sure miss it.

#55 10/5/13, 2nd Place C4s, Pebble Creek Autofest, Goodyear, AZ

4 corvette classes but only 12-15 vettes at the show. I lost to a 1990 all black ZR1. Great looking car and I would not expect to beat it. The show was a judged event and is always fair.

Posted Image

Congrats Larry. Is that the same ZR1 that was at Sanderson's earlier this year?

Congrats Larry. Is that the same ZR1 that was at Sanderson's earlier this year?

Not sure if it was at Sanderson's. It was at Prescott last weekend in the C4 Stock class. It was parked on the other side of the show. He did not win anything last weekend and was not too happy about it. I only know of two C4 ZR1s in town; his and the red one that was at Prescott last weekend that the owner put in the C4 Modified class (that car took second to C4orce2). The black one has only been in town about 18 months or so and shows up at a lot of shows on the west side. The red one is at Corvettes and Caffeine quite often.

Guest badbobs95

That was so much fun! Congrats to everyone because we know how much work goes into winning one of those little plaques. I couldn't believe how many people were taking pics of BUZZ.

:bananaparty::bananaparty:

• 2 weeks later...

Posted ImagePosted Image#56 Top 2 C4s, 8th Annual KOOL FM Car Show, 10/19/13, Glendale, AZ

#57 1st Place 1953 to present Customs, 15th Annual Vettefest, 10/20/13, Peoria, AZ

The win today was a real surprise. I really don't think I had the best custom car in the show; there were several great customs there including Mike's (VetteSthetics) orange custom C6. Mike took 3rd in the class. I'm not sure what car took second since when I heard I had not taken 3rd I started walking back to my car and almost didn't hear that I took 1st. I believe the 2nd place car was owned by a member of Sun Country Corvettes, the club putting on the show.

PS: Dawg, just for your benefit alone, let me describe the outcome of today's show another way. A RED C4 custom took first while an ORANGE C6 custom took 3rd----just saying!!! :laughing gut bustin:

Very nice Larry. I want to make it to the VetteFest one for sure. Maybe next year if I have time take off.

Very nice Larry. I want to make it to the VetteFest one for sure. Maybe next year if I have time take off.

Its usually a great show. Your car would have fit right in with the other customs. Besides Mike's great C6 there were 2 other customs where the owners had over $200,000 in each. Lucky for me one of them went in the modified class instead of the custom class, and the other one came to the show so late that most of the voting was already done. I'm sure this is the only time my car will win that class. See you soon.

VetteSthetics

Nice job on 1st place Larry! Thanks for the shout out. For me it is just a blessing to have the car. Any time I place at a show is a bonus!! Easy with the Orange stuff though }:/

The second place winner was that 2010 Crystal Red Mid year conversion from Wyoming.

Posted ImagePosted Image#56 Top 2 C4s, 8th Annual KOOL FM Car Show, 10/19/13, Glendale, AZ

#57 1st Place 1953 to present Customs, 15th Annual Vettefest, 10/20/13, Peoria, AZ

The win today was a real surprise. I really don't think I had the best custom car in the show; there were several great customs there including Mike's (VetteSthetics) orange custom C6. Mike took 3rd in the class. I'm not sure what car took second since when I heard I had not taken 3rd I started walking back to my car and almost didn't hear that I took 1st. I believe the 2nd place car was owned by a member of Sun Country Corvettes, the club putting on the show.

PS: Dawg, just for your benefit alone, let me describe the outcome of today's show another way. A RED C4 custom took first while an ORANGE C6 custom took 3rd----just saying!!! :laughing gut bustin:

"The second place winner was that 2010 Crystal Red Mid year conversion from Wyoming." Man I didn't realize that was the car that took second. That guy surely had at least $200,000 in the car. The only reason I beat him was that he came so late a lot of votes had already been cast!!!! For those that didn't see it, it was a 2010 conversion with a "63 body on it (I believe) that had also been modded by Lingenfelter so it had 650+hp without turbos. What a great car!!! PS, I forgot to add that the car was RED!!!!!!!!

Sun Country Corvettes, the club putting on the show.

I was going to go to a car show, but I was having so much fun DRIVING my car that I just blew right by and kept going!!!

Congrats on your award for sitting there watching dust settle on your ride :lol

Why aren't you signed up for the ACE autoX yet? There's some girlies coming and they need someone to beat!

Sun Country Corvettes, the club putting on the show.

PS: Dawg, just for your benefit alone, let me describe the outcome of today's show another way. A RED C4 custom took first while an ORANGE C6 custom took 3rd----just saying!!! Posted Image

I was going to go to a car show, but I was having so much fun DRIVING my car that I just blew right by and kept going!!!

Congrats on your award for sitting there watching dust settle on your ride :lol

Why aren't you signed up for the ACE autoX yet? There's some girlies coming and they need someone to beat!

I'm sure my car is way too slow to even beat the "girlies". Besides if they did beat me they may think they have a chance beating you and you don't want them to get that idea! I'm much better at just going to shows and gathering dust.

• 2 weeks later...