ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

I bought my Corvette last year. I entered in my 1st Corvette Car show this year, entering in the 8th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Car Show. I entered my club as ACE . I took 1st place in the C5 Custom category. It was pretty exciting considering the severe rains we got up there. In fact, ACE took 1st and 2nd place in the C5 Custom category.

Jimmy

attachicon.gifPic_2.jpg

In the notes it said we were tied for 1st Jimmy so I don't know if they will give us both 1st or not? I do not know how that works.

I think they should give both a trophy. After all.... Where are the notes? I am not finding them, sorry.

At prescottvettesette.org, I found the list of winners.

http://www.prescottvettesette.org/2014%20Winner%20C1-C6%20Final.pdf

Is that you listed second in the C5 Custom?

Jimmy

I asked them and they said that they recounted and forgot to remove the notes from the original list they posted, so it's all yours Jimmy :) congrats on your win!!

Thank you wickedfastvette. I appreciate it. Did you take 2nd?

Here is the "Non-Club" Participation award won by ACE at the 9/27/14 Prescott show. Unless I hear to the contrary, it will be going to Dawg.

2014ACEParticipationAwardfromPrescottCar

• 2 weeks later...

#70 10/19/14 2nd Place, C4s, 16th Annual Vette Fest, Peoria, AZ

Smaller show than usual. Non-club cars voted on by club cars (SCCC) and vice versa, good way to do it. Lost of the black ZR1, no problem with that. Not sure if other ACEholes won.

10-19-142ndPlaceC4s16thAnnualVetteFestPe

#71 10/25/14 1st Place C4s, 15th Annual Thorobred Thunder, Chandler, AZ

Nice show. Attendance down a little due to Kool FM show going same day. I did not expect to win since the 2nd and 3rd place cars were both ZR1s. Hard to beat any C4 ZR1 and I was hoping for a 3rd place showing! There were other ACEholes that won awards and congratulations to them!! :ACE:

10-25-141stPlaceC4s15thThorobredThunderC

Congrats to you Larry and the other Aceholes that won. I got me a good sunburn.... :lol

Oh yeah, also got something else but to embarrassed to mention right now. :facepalm:

Congrats to you Larry and the other Aceholes that won. I got me a good sunburn.... :lol

Oh yeah, also got something else but to embarrassed to mention right now. :facepalm:

:3gears::eddie2: ????

I'm still confident that you will get an award for the Grape Ape once they figure out who gets the 2nd and 3rd place awards for the C5s.

Not EVEN going to let this one out of the bag for a while.

I'm still confident that you will get an award for the Grape Ape once they figure out who gets the 2nd and 3rd place awards for the C5s.

Not worried about it. Went for the show and had a good time so all's good. Kind of weird the way that happened though. Think they must have forgot how to count or something. Still don't have my plaque back from the Kiwanis show earlier this year either. I hung my tire clock there to take up the space and I think it look better too.

Not EVEN going to let this one out of the bag for a while.

So you got something that is now in the bag?? You didn't pick up a "little strange pussy" on the way home did you??

I will tell you this, I wish it was a strange pussy. I wouldn't be so pissed at myself.

I know what you did, I felt bad when I saw it. Everyone has done something stupid or forgetful.

Thanks to Larry for bringing my plaque from Prescott. Larry is a good man for corvettes, you see people stop by and he always has time to talk and help. Second place for me in the C2's. :bowtie

I know what you did, I felt bad when I saw it. Everyone has done something stupid or forgetful.

Well, I was really hoping nobody saw it that was in here but ya, major embarrassing for sure.

Tim, BINGO....... :facepalm: .....I put it on the car and started talking with someone. Put everything in the trunk and just totally forgot to latch it down. Hit the 40mph mark and bomb, it took leave of the car. I took a look at it last night and I think it's going to be fixable. Frame is straight and it still fits on the car. Mostly cosmetic damage from what I can tell. Very lucky nobody was behind me and when it stopped bouncing it was on the side of the road so no one ran it over. Taking it to Classic in the morning to have them look at it. This is a secret so don't tell anyone. Just between us folks..... :armed: ...I'm still pissed at myself for letting that happen.

Well, I was really hoping nobody saw it that was in here but ya, major embarrassing for sure.

Tim, BINGO....... :facepalm: .....I put it on the car and started talking with someone. Put everything in the trunk and just totally forgot to latch it down. Hit the 40mph mark and bomb, it took leave of the car. I took a look at it last night and I think it's going to be fixable. Frame is straight and it still fits on the car. Mostly cosmetic damage from what I can tell. Very lucky nobody was behind me and when it stopped bouncing it was on the side of the road so no one ran it over. Taking it to Classic in the morning to have them look at it. This is a secret so don't tell anyone. Just between us folks..... :armed: ...I'm still pissed at myself for letting that happen.

OMG, don't worry Mark, your secret is safe with us and I'm sure none of us will tease you about this in the future; well maybe at least not too much! On second thought you will probably never live this down! :facepalm:

PS: Hey ACEholes, when any of us are at car shows with Mark from now on we should all help him put his car back together so the Grape Ape doesn't suffer anymore. What are friends for if not to help each other!

Instead of FRC it's the FPEP. (Flying Purple People Eater) If I think you are tailgating me, I will throw shit at ya....:)

Dude sorry to hear of this....we all have momentary brain shortitis...hopefully can be restored to new for ya.

My '64, along with a restored C1, took the Top Two awards at the KOOL FM show yesterday - two years in a row. Guess I'll go next year, too.

My '64, along with a restored C1, took the Top Two awards at the KOOL FM show yesterday - two years in a row. Guess I'll go next year, too.

Congratulations!! I always go to that show each year but it conflicted with the Thorobred Thunder show so I had to choose which one to go to.