ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

#72 11/22/14 2nd Place 1980 and newer vettes, COPS show in San Tan Valley

Fairly nice show for only their second time out. 120 cars including 15 or so vettes in two classes. Lost to a heavily modded C5 that would give the Grape Ape a run for the money.

11-22-142ndPlace1980andnewervettesCOPSsh

at11-22-14COPSshow_zps8c4f4502.jpg

Nice & Congrats. Any pics of said C5???

No, sorry Mark. I go to so many shows I quit taking very many pics a long time ago. I've never seen that car before so it is probably from either Tucson or somewhere around San Tan Valley or Casa Grande. Red 2000, ground effects all around, custom race interior with chrome roll bar, engine bay all blinged out, hard to tell if there were any real mods to the LS1, no lambos.

Nice & Congrats. Any pics of said C5???

No, sorry Mark. I go to so many shows I quit taking very many pics a long time ago. I've never seen that car before so it is probably from either Tucson or somewhere around San Tan Valley or Casa Grande. Red 2000, ground effects all around, custom race interior with chrome roll bar, engine bay all blinged out, hard to tell if there were any real mods to the LS1, no lambos.

Okay that's fine. Maybe I will see it around sometime then. You going to the Desert Ridge High School show in January? Think I might go again.

• 2 weeks later...

Car show at Falcon Field at the CAF Museum that Job's Daughters Bethel #13 put on here in Mesa yesterday that was a fund raiser for them. Had fun looking around the planes and cars. More so the planes I think though as the local Mustang club pretty much had the place for themselves. Only 2 Corvettes were there and mine was one of them. Larry, I talked with someone you probably know. Drives a red C4 and you compete with him on a regular basis. His name starts with a "W". Sure you can figure it out. Got to see the Sentimental Journey B-17 take off and fly. Would love to do that someday. Not a cheap ride though.

Question for you guys that DO go to car shows. Have you EVER received a trophy for that looks to be a re-gifted one? I got a small trophy for "Most Unique Car" that looks to be someones that they just pealed the plate off of and left the sticky stuff. It looks used too...... :lol......

Anywho, I made a video of the show. It's about 20 minutes long so skip to whatever you want or don't watch it at all. Up to you.

Trophy. Not a good picture but you get the idea. Didn't really want you to see much of it anyway.....

JobsDaughtersCarShowatFalconField-MostUn

VIDEOOOOOO...

Congrats Mark, but I have to confess I have never received a re-gifted trophy before, that I know of anyway. Things must be tough! Maybe they gave up the "most unique trophy" for the "most unique car".

Thanks Larry. Ya I think this is a first for any ACE member. Hope it's not a trend....

His name was Wendel by the way but you probably figured that out.

Thanks Larry. Ya I think this is a first for any ACE member. Hope it's not a trend....

His name was Wendel by the way but you probably figured that out.

Yes, I know him well. I know that most weekends I spend more time with him than my wife!! But I think that's the way my wife wants it!!

Congrats Mark ..... this is a show in years past we have done ... but some of the organizers mite have changed & it didn't come up on our radar ....

it is always a fun one .... tho some healing is required with all the Stags ............ :facepalm:

by the way ... you could make your own plate .... have not heard of "reusing" trophys before

Ya I'm thinking of getting a plaque made for it. They said they would be sending one out so if I don't get one in the next week or so I will have one made up. I'm not upset one bit about the trophy though. This was their first rodeo with it so it'a all a learning curve for them. Thought it was a cool show even though it was mostly stangs......

• 1 month later...

Desert Ridge High School Softball fund raiser today.

Second place Sports Car

DesertRidgeHighSchoolSoftballCarShow-01-

Show Video

Well, believe it or not, a '64 Mustang I think. I was talking to my neighbor that has the COPO Camaro when they announced it. I do know they said '64 though and the only thing that was registered in my class in that year was a '64 Mustang. Is a Mustang classified as a sports car though? That is my question. He was parked by his buddy and he was registered in the '60-'69 car class. So I think he went to my class so they wouldn't have to compete against each other...Not a big deal but just didn't know Mustangs were sports cars.

post-655-0-12727900-1420996574_thumb.png

Well, believe it or not, a '64 Mustang I think. I was talking to my neighbor that has the COPO Camaro when they announced it. I do know they said '64 though and the only thing that was registered in my class in that year was a '64 Mustang. Is a Mustang classified as a sports car though? That is my question. He was parked by his buddy and he was registered in the '60-'69 car class. So I think he went to my class so they wouldn't have to compete against each other...Not a big deal but just didn't know Mustangs were sports cars.

attachicon.gifMustang that took first place sports car.png

That's the reason I don't go to shows where my car would be in a "sports car" class! Glad you at least got 2nd.

Ya I'm with ya on that one. I only go to support the school where my kids went. Win or loose it's only a half mile from my house so it's easy. I think he probably knew someone as well. Girls voting so they are swayed easily.

I know you went to support the school and that's cool. When people ask me to go to their shows and I tell them I don't like their classes, they always say that their shows support a good cause. They are probably correct, but every show I have ever been to, seen or heard about supports one good cause of another. If we went to every show that supports a good cause, we'd end up going to 2 shows every weekend and despite what Dawg thinks, I'm not quite willing to do that!!

• 4 weeks later...

#73 2/8/15, 1st Place C4 to Present Custom, 22nd Annual Sweetheart Car Show, Tempe, AZ

2-8-15%201st%20place%20C4%20to%20present

Congrats Larry. Thought about stopping by on my way home from work but I was really beat and needed to get horizontal. Question...What pray tell do you do with all the awards? Gotta' be gettin' a house full, or garage full.

Congrats Larry. Thought about stopping by on my way home from work but I was really beat and needed to get horizontal. Question...What pray tell do you do with all the awards? Gotta' be gettin' a house full, or garage full.

I take pics of all of them and post them to the photobucket for C4orce2, then pack them away except for the better ones. I have plenty more room for nice ones. See you soon!