ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

My '64, along with a restored C1, took the Top Two awards at the KOOL FM show yesterday - two years in a row. Guess I'll go next year, too.

I am going to try and make that show next year. Heard it was a pretty cool show. No pun intended. Congrats on the winnings.

frc_club.gif

Sorry to hear Mark! Joe will have it looking like new in no time.

That's exactly what it looked like too. Hope I never see that again. I installed it on the car this morning and it fits well and latches. Looks pretty straight too. Should be a straight forward repair from what I can tell. Not sure if I should use insurance or just pay for it. Going to call Mo in the morning and see what my deductible is first. I have the collectors insurance with her and I think it's a zero dedutible but not positive.

Ouch, well at least it didn't tag to rear on the way out, I remember one guy years ago on teh CF, his hit the spoiler and screwed up the top of the rear bumper.

Congrats on teh awards guys, I think Larry needs help (mental).. No one goes to that many car shows without needing it :lol

Ouch, well at least it didn't tag to rear on the way out, I remember one guy years ago on teh CF, his hit the spoiler and screwed up the top of the rear bumper.

Congrats on teh awards guys, I think Larry needs help (mental).. No one goes to that many car shows without needing it :lol

Let me get this straight: you drive a vette that can be mistaken for a large pumpkin (especially this time of year) and I'm the one that needs some mental help!!! :wtf::laughing gut bustin:

My vette looks about as close to a pumpkin as your does to a fiero that's been driven thru a tomato patch...

Just got a notification email from Garry at Thorobred Chevy.

Here is what he had to say:

Hi Mark and Darci,

I am the Chairperson for Thorobred Thunder. I want to thank you for bringing your car to our show.

Unfortunately, we ran into an issue with the C5 class of cars related to rolling up the ballot informtion . That’s the bad news.

The good news, however, is that your 1998 won 1st Place for the C5 Class. Congratulations!

I want to get you a 1st Place plaque. It may take me a few days, but shouldn’t be more than a week.

Once I have it, I will contact you and we can then make arrangements to have me bring it to your home, or to a location of your choice. Mailing it to you is also an option.

I apologize that we didn’t get it right on Saturday, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get it right now.

If you want to talk to me about what happened or have any questions, please call me at 480.363.2838

Regards,

Garry Mion

So it looks like they had the wrong car number. The car that won on that day had number C508 and mine was C506. Easy mistake I guess but I'll take it. I will post the picture when I get the plaque. Sunburn is starting to feel better but starting the pealing process now. As for my little mishap, looks like I will be needing a new roof panel. Bummer. Still pissed at myself for letting that happen.

Just got a notification email from Garry at Thorobred Chevy.

Here is what he had to say:

Hi Mark and Darci,

I am the Chairperson for Thorobred Thunder. I want to thank you for bringing your car to our show.

Unfortunately, we ran into an issue with the C5 class of cars related to rolling up the ballot informtion . That’s the bad news.

The good news, however, is that your 1998 won 1st Place for the C5 Class. Congratulations!

I want to get you a 1st Place plaque. It may take me a few days, but shouldn’t be more than a week.

Once I have it, I will contact you and we can then make arrangements to have me bring it to your home, or to a location of your choice. Mailing it to you is also an option.

I apologize that we didn’t get it right on Saturday, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get it right now.

If you want to talk to me about what happened or have any questions, please call me at 480.363.2838

Regards,

Garry Mion

So it looks like they had the wrong car number. The car that won on that day had number C508 and mine was C506. Easy mistake I guess but I'll take it. I will post the picture when I get the plaque. Sunburn is starting to feel better but starting the pealing process now. As for my little mishap, looks like I will be needing a new roof panel. Bummer. Still pissed at myself for letting that happen.

The only other C5 that may have been in the running Saturday was the blue convertible......but glad to hear that they got it right. Congrats on the win

Thanks, ya, that blue vert was a pretty sweet car. He told me at the show that before he left for the show he told his wife he hoped the purple car wouldn't show up for this show. Thought that was rather funny.

Had a great time at the Cops & Rodders show in Tucson today. Saw some pretty cool stuff there and met some nice people too. Took home the 1st place in the 1997-2004 Corvette catagory. I will try to have the video up tomorrow sometime. If you haven't been to this one and you like going to shows, you should put it on your to do list.

CopsampRodders-TucsonArizona-11-01-2014-

Forgot to add something. Larry, I talked to a guy that owns an orange mustang with a blower on it. Can't remember his name but he asked how you were doing. I told him you painted your car orange so you could be like him and Dawg. Not sure if he believed me or not though. :lol

Forgot to add something. Larry, I talked to a guy that owns an orange mustang with a blower on it. Can't remember his name but he asked how you were doing. I told him you painted your car orange so you could be like him and Dawg. Not sure if he believed me or not though. :lol

Thanks for that and congratulations!!! :bannana4:

PS: Did Greg and Susan win anything with their silver C4?

Greg & Susan couldn't make it. Susan had to go to Alaska for work and Greg got called into work as well. I was there all by myself. They did win a door prize that I picked up for them but he said I could have it. So no, they didn't win any awards for their C4. I still have yet to see that thing.

Greg & Susan couldn't make it. Susan had to go to Alaska for work and Greg got called into work as well. I was there all by myself. They did win a door prize that I picked up for them but he said I could have it. So no, they didn't win any awards for their C4. I still have yet to see that thing.

That's too bad. The only reason I did not go was I told Greg I would not show up if he was bringing the C4. I could have gone to make sure you put your car back together properly before leaving for home!! :laughing gut bustin:

Not a problem with the top anymore I hope. I did make it home all by myself without loosing anything this time. My knuckles were pretty white by the time I got home though from hanging onto the top all the way. Took care of that issue with some of these. I have some purple ones coming any day now so the red one will be gone.

SAM_1234.jpg

Here's a video of the show. Not sure where to put it so it's going here. I thought we had a picture thread of whatever we were doing?

Not a problem with the top anymore I hope. I did make it home all by myself without loosing anything this time. My knuckles were pretty white by the time I got home though from hanging onto the top all the way. Took care of that issue with some of these. I have some purple ones coming any day now so the red one will be gone.

SAM_1234.jpg

First Place 1997 - 2004 Corvette

DSCF0149.jpg

Here's a video of the show. Not sure where to put it so it's going here. I thought we had a picture thread of whatever we were doing?

Great video, thanks for sharing. However, I didn't see any C4s! How can you have a great car show without any representatives of the "throw away generation"? Guess I should have gone. :facepalm:

However, the day wasn't a complete loss. Went to C&C and saw a car that I have drooled over for years, and its now for sale. If the stars properly align for me and I'm back in the dough, it will be mine. It is the C5 Lingenfelter 427 TT that was at the gathering. But it will most likely be sold long before I can get it. :facepalm:

They did have a couple C4's there. Just forgot to take any pics of them.....oops....... :facepalm:

Hey Mark. That would be Byron, he has a pretty sweet Mustang

Now that you say his name it does ring a bell. Thanks. Hope to see ya sometime soon. Would love to see that C4 you have.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got these home

And I finally got a picture of them

And I finally got them uploaded.

170C8D2A-E0E9-409B-906B-50A74C26C204_zps

My awards from todays Grand Re-Opening of Richard & Debra's book store. Had a great time and I think ACE may have taken all the awards for the Corvettes. Nice visiting with all you ACEholes today. Even talked with some of the Porsche folks too.

RBookmarkBookStoreGrandRe-Opening-Youngt

RBookmarkBookStoreGrandRe-Opening-Youngt