NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Congrats Larry and to all that have posted here as well. Had a great time out at Sanderson Detroit Muscle Show today. Good to see and talk to you all. Thanks Andrew for the shirts, they look great. Might be my last show til fall season comes around and I have more time off. Now for the eye candy.

First Place 1994-2002 Modified class.

Posted Image

And Larry, you left to early buddy. I actually got a second plaque. Totally blew my mind when they said my name. Did NOT expect this at all.

Best Engine award that has a connecting rod from Bob Tasca III drag race car that was sitting there. They polished it and mounted it to the plaque. They had over 170 vehicles there and they picked mine....go figure, but I will take it.

Posted Image

Oh, and congrats to you guys... Nice job showing off better than them ferds!!!! :thumbs

It gets an exercise once in a while. Just flipped over 87K on the clock.

You 2 actually make for some fun reading that's for sure. :edward: Love it..keep it up.

You 2 actually make for some fun reading that's for sure. :edward: Love it..keep it up.

I can still "keep it up" fairly well, but I'm not so sure about Dawg!!

I'm not retarded, I mean retired yet so mine's always dragging the floor! And Marc, just wait until we get this whole orange vs old fgured out. we're ripping on puerpull next!

You can rag on the puerpull all you want. It sure attracts the women though.. :willy

You can rag on the puerpull all you want. It sure attracts the women though.. :willy

Yah, but have you been flashed yet in your car? :facepalm:

Ya you do have me there. I was going to follow you home just in case it happened again but you left to soon.

• 2 months later...

#53 6-8-13 Top 2 Sports Cars 3rd Annual Munds Park Show

Very small show with only 7 classes. I was in the Sports Car class with very little competition; only my car and 3 C6s!! The other car that won a Top 2 was a fairly new Grand Sport that just happened to be owned by one of the show organizers. Best part was the weather, high may not have made 90. Show was held at a great location and should be bigger next year.

Posted Image

Congrats Larry .... always nice to see em keep coming .....

Congrats, bout time. Thought people were done with shows. Getting pretty hot out there.

• 1 month later...

Nobody has posted in here for a while so I guess I will.

Best Corvette at the Car Show For Children's Cancer show Elliot put on in Tucson today. Good seeing you all today. Think I will go take me a shower and a nap now.

Thank you very much.

Posted Image

Nobody has posted in here for a while so I guess I will.

Best Corvette at the Car Show For Children's Cancer show Elliot put on in Tucson today. Good seeing you all today. Think I will go take me a shower and a nap now.

Thank you very much.

Posted Image

Coolest award I've seen in quite a while!

Guest badbobs95

Congrats!

I know this will come as a shock to all but in the end, it came down to Larry's and Mark's for best Corvette. The other judges gave it to Mark because of the Lambo doors. I wanted to go for the yellow one at the end but..........

:lies::blur::Dude:

The other judges gave it to Mark because of the Lambo doors.

There ya go Larry, time to step up. Let me know when you want it install them and I will help.

Hey, I never have a problem losing to the Grape Ape. For years people have told me to get Lambos for my car, but as I have always told them, if I have to put Lambo doors on my car to beat someone, I'll just settle for 2nd. Great seeing everyone who showed up. Next year I'll help Elliot get the event on desertcruisers.com and cruisinarizona.com so he gets a better draw from the car nuts in Phoenix.

PS. At the end of the show the last award to be given out was for "Best Sleeper", and apparently the car the judges had chosen had left. So they asked anyone if they felt they had a "sleeper". When I saw that the only guy who held up his hand owned a Honda with a slightly beefed up engine, I decided to try for the award myself. I have never won that type of award and I thought that a C4 with 530hp vs. the stock 300hp should be considered a "sleeper". At least several high end cars that thought they could beat my old C4 certainly believe it is a sleeper. In any event, we didn't want it to appear that Elliot was favoring another ACEhole vette, so I agreed to settle who got the award with a coin toss; the Honda got the award! Now I have to say that I lost out to a 225hp Honda, oh the shame!!! :facepalm:

Oh ouch. Bet that hurt to say that about getting beat by a Honda. Hope you know I was kidding about the doors thing?

Trust me I was not happy about that either but I knew if I gave it to you it would have caused even more issues. I got told I didn't give the Lowriders any recognition either... someone told them it was a low rider event so I have no idea whats going on there.

Next year I will work on making it a little easier for everyone to work with.