NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

• 2 weeks later...

#49 2-2-13 3rd Place "Corvettes 83 to present", 19th Annual Collector Car Show, Tubac, AZ. Haven't been to very many car shows lately but didn't want to miss this one. Held on the Tubac Gold Resort, temp in the 70s and 531 great looking cars, mostly from southern AZ. There were two vette classes. I was in the 1983 to present class with a total of 13 cars. First place was a C5 with a C1 body. Great looking car and the owner just bought it a Barret Jackson last month. Second place was a ZR1 (same car that took 3rd place last year). Competition was much tougher this year than the last two years and I was lucky to get 3rd (I took 2nd the last two years). Here's a pic of the award and a small pic of the show in 2011.

post-1178-007101700 1359911679.jpg

post-1178-091882900 1359914898_thumb.jpg

congrats Larry, you should try to get one or two pictures of your vette at each show.

Sort of a overall view like this... and post them!

Posted Image

congrats Larry, you should try to get one or two pictures of your vette at each show.

Sort of a overall view like this... and post them!

Posted Image

I know, I know. I used to take a lot of pics at the shows, but then I got lazy. I will take some in the future (of course avoiding getting anything ORANGE in the pics). In many of the bigger shows like this one they have pics being taken for their websites. I'll see if that is the case and post some of them to my posting. See you soon!

Congrats Larry. :thumbs Made it without any trouble I see so that's good. :rockon2:

You are right on. I'm cutting back on out-of-town car shows. I already have over 27,000 on the new engine in the last 30 months so its time to cut back on excessive driving. Got to save up for a new ORANGE paint job! I plan on doing mostly in town shows and then only if the classes are favorable. See you soon.

*snicker*

Please Jim, not while I'm eating breakfast!! :smilelol

Ready for us to change your forum name to "C4-ange"????? :lol

*snicker*

Please Jim, not while I'm eating breakfast!! :smilelol

Ready for us to change your forum name to "C4-ange"????? :lol

You can call me whatever you want, but at least I won't be driving an ORANGE vette!! :yesnod

• 1 month later...

First place C5 Custom at the Kiwanis Catch A Wave 9th Annual Car Show.

Posted Image

Pretty sure other ACEholes won as well. But I will let them post up what they got.

First place C5 Custom at the Kiwanis Catch A Wave 9th Annual Car Show.

Posted Image

Pretty sure other ACEholes won as well. But I will let them post up what they got.

Congrats!

Musta been the new shine!

I don't know. That thing was REALLY hard to keep clean with the grass and dust flying around all day. Going to have to clean big time for next Saturday.

Good weekend: #50 1st Place C4 Custom, 3-23-13 Kiwanis Catch-A-Wave show, Tempe #51 2nd Place C4s, 3-24-13 Sands All American Show, Surprise (lost to an all original '91 ZR1).

post-1178-018700800 1364164832.jpg

post-1178-029690800 1365208861.jpg

#52 3-30-13 2nd Place 81-93 modified, Detroit Muscle Car Show, Glendale, AZ Nice show. I lost to a '92 full race mustang with about 950hp and around $100K invested. Worst thing about losing to the tang was that it was ORANGE! Actually it is owned by a friend of mine and I would never expect to beat him There were around 20 vettes at the show and I counted at least 5 winning vettes, including at least 3 ACEholes. Not bad for a show at a Ford dealership put on by a mustang club. Congratulations guys!! PS. I didn't see any C6s win!!

post-1178-029420600 1364684641.jpg

• Upvote 1

Worst thing about losing to the tang was that it was ORANGE!

I bet that had to suck... :lol

PS. I didn't see any C6s win!!

It's because there are no show queens in the best generation, how's your tierra fitting these days? :bolt:

Worst thing about losing to the tang was that it was ORANGE!

I bet that had to suck... :lol

PS. I didn't see any C6s win!!

It's because there are no show queens in the best generation, how's your tierra fitting these days? :bolt:

Oh, there were several C6s there, but unlike the C2, C4s and C5s that did win, the C6s couldn't beat their competition!! What a surprise! :smilelol