ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Yeah. ACE done good yesterday. How many wins did we get? I'm gonna toot my own horn here: I was really surprised, as there were a bunch of great looking C2's there this year.

Posted Image

Yeah. ACE done good yesterday. How many wins did we get? I'm gonna toot my own horn here: I was really surprised, as there were a bunch of great looking C2's there this year.

Posted Image

That makes at least 5 of us: you, Chad, Louis, Charlie and myself. Not bad for a "non-club"!! :partygrnhat:

Posted Image

That makes at least 5 of us: you, Chad, Louis, Charlie and myself. Not bad for a "non-club"!! :partygrnhat:

Dave (65sting) picked up 2nd, c-2 stock also.

Congrats to all the winners! :rockon2: :rockon2: :ACE: Good friends, Corvettes, and alcohol, how can it not be a great show. Now, if I only don't receive that damn photo ticket I scored.... :banghead:eddie2:

Let me try and list all the ACEhole winners (based upon info from this thread and the Prescott car show thread): C2 stock, 1st place, Dave64 C2 stock, 2nd place, 65sting C3 custom, 1st place, Scratch C4 custom, 1st place, C4for2 C6 stock, 2nd place, Chadc (wtf) C6 custom, 1st place, Louis C6 custom, 2nd place (I believe), Bk n Blu Wide Body custom, 1st place, MB06Z06 Not sure about Charlie's award (let us know if it isn't correct), and I think we may need a vote re-count on Chad's award!! Otherwise, if this is all correct, ACE had to come away with the most awards!!

Scratch and MoFo are 1 of the same...C3

Thx, made the change on both posts.

Let me try and list all the ACEhole winners (based upon info from this thread and the Prescott car show thread):

C2 stock, 1st place, Dave64

C2 stock, 2nd place, 65sting

C3 custom, 1st place, Scratch

C4 custom, 1st place, C4for2

C6 stock, 2nd place, Chadc (wtf)

C6 custom, 1st place, Louis

C6 custom, 3nd place, Bk n Blu

Wide Body custom, 1st place, MB06Z06

Not sure about Charlie's award (let us know if it isn't correct), and I think we may need a vote re-count on Chad's award!! Otherwise, if this is all correct, ACE had to come away with the most awards!!

I think your count is right Larry. I just found out Mike (MB06Zo6) was a new member. (awesome paint job by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

#47 10-13-12, 1st Place C4s, Pebblecreek 6th Annual Autofest, Goodyear Good show with around 200 cars. There were about 25 vettes in 4 classes (C1s and C2s; C3s; C4s; C5s and C6s). Don't believe any other ACEholes won anything but cannot be sure. Held at the Goodyear ballpark and the host club always puts on a good show. Judged by members of the host club and their cars are not part of the show. Most likely the fairest way to judge an event as long as the host club members know their cars, which in this case is true.

post-1178-049351600 1350178571.jpg

post-1178-010454100 1350178601.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

#48 3rd place C4s, Thorobred Thunder XIII, Chandler. Met three other ACEholes at the show, but only one of them participated. I would guess there were 75 or so vettes in the show.

Congrats again Larry, did you get beat by better C4s or the club voting? That Thunder show usually favors their own, just like the Vegas show Greg got beat at a couple of years ago....

Congrats again Larry, did you get beat by better C4s or the club voting?

That Thunder show usually favors their own, just like the Vegas show Greg got beat at a couple of years ago....

Probably club voting. There was one ACEhole and one Fast Glass member at the show with me. The two cars that beat me had a lot of their club members there, but who knows, maybe their C4s are better. :willy

I like the shows that are judged by judges instead of participant voting. Then you only have to worry about whether or not the judges know anything about vettes. By far the best approach to take when going to any show is, don't worry about the judging. Don't expect to get anything. Then if you win something, you're happy. If you don't, then you're not disappointed. Just go and enjoy the cars and the company! I always have a good time unless I loose to an orange car, that bites!

I always have a good time unless I loose to an orange car, that bites!

:Orange:

You should feel honored to even be allowed to compete against an orange vette...

Sucks when they play favoritism .

• 2 months later...

My Daughters High School she attended had their annual car show today for a cheerleader fund raiser at Desert Ridge. Had a good time visiting with some people. Saw another ACE guy there but he had a catastrophic failure and had to leave early. Took first place in the sports car category and also won the cheerleaders choice award. Pretty happy about that one as I never even saw any of them around looking at the car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congratulations Mark. I saw the girls looking over your car early on. Yes Dawg, I was the one that had to leave. We thought I had a brake problem but only turned out to be a radiator hose problem. It was leaking onto my front right wheel and brakes so we all thought it could have been a brake problem. :banghead

Congrats Mark! :thumbs I hope I am better prior to Thursday so we can get together. I think today may be the worst and it should be all downhill from here. I think I may have found the cure. I was coughing really bad and remembered the I had a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue sitting un opened and it seems to have made me feel better at least till the morning but we will see. Greg

Sorry to hear you had any problem at all Larry... No really I am! I hate to see anyone have a problem with their vette. Sorry to hear your under the weather Greg, hope you get better. Mark, teh ape is looking awesome dood...

"Sorry to hear you had any problem at all Larry... No really I am! I hate to see anyone have a problem with their vette." Thanks Dawg, It turned out to be no problem at all. Mark directed me to a Big O shop about a mile from the show. When I got there one of their techs found the problem immediately. Lucky for me the tech has a '99 Camaro and is considering putting in a LS3, so he was very interested in my build. Altogether he spent about an hour on fixing my leaking hose issue and told his manager not to charge me anything. Go thing for me that he didn't own a Mustang!