ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Congrats to you too. Sucks that the C4's were SOOOOO confused though.....

Congrats to you too. Sucks that the C4's were SOOOOO confused though.....

I'm not sure what happened. My car was #402. When they announced the 3rd place winner they called 408 and my name. So I went up and got the plaque thinking I was lucky to get anything with today's competition. Then they called my number for 2nd place with someone else's name. Not sure if the first place car number matched the name or not, the winner wouldn't say. The owner of car 408 went up and asked them to double check and he was told to forget about the numbers, the names were correct. Who the hell knows whether I took 3rd, 2nd, or nothing at all. In cases like this I just consider myself lucky to get anything!!! This was nothing compared to the time I won the C4 stock class when I had registered in the C4 Custom class. Now that took some talent!!!

I might be wrong but when they called my name for second place, I'm pretty sure they called my #407 - but I could be wrong. Anyway I'm not going to get upset over a &5.00 trophy.

I might be wrong but when they called my name for second place, I'm pretty sure they called my #407 - but I could be wrong. Anyway I'm not going to get upset over a &5.00 trophy.

You could very well be right Lorne. In any event they said they had the names right even if they had the numbers wrong. Congratulations on your 2nd Place, you and your car deserve it. Hope to see you at more shows before you go back north.

Actually was pretty hard to pick any winner there were so many nice vettes. I enjoyed chatting with you & hopefully get together at another show.

lorne

• 2 weeks later...

#66 4/12/14 1st Place 1973 to present cars, EVIT/ASRA Car Show, Mesa, AZ

Nice show for their first time out. About 100 cars with only 5 or 6 classes. It was a judged event. I was in the "1973 to Present Cars" class with 4 vettes (including 2 C3s including another ACEhole, my car and the 1990 black ZR1) several mustangs and other newer cars. One of the C3s (not the other ACEhole I believe) took third and one of the mustangs took second.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

#67 5/17/14, Ist Place C4s, All Chevy Show at Larry Green dealership, Cottonwood, AZ

Nice show with around 75 cars including around 35-40 corvettes. 4 C4s there mostly from the valley. One other ACEhole (cannot remember his name or handle) won the C5 class with his blue vert. The dealership provided free food and drinks all day long (Bob eat your heart out) and the weather was cooler than in the valley.

5-17-141stPlaceC4sAllChevyShowCottonwood

Nice and congrats. Wish I could have taken the day off and joined ya.

Nice and congrats. Wish i could have taken the day of and joined ya.

Well it doesn't look like you suffered too much!! :boobies:

Well it was kind of hot there. Did break a sweet and I even got home in time for a nap before work. I need my beauty sleep ya know.

• 4 months later...

#68 9/20/14, 2nd Place, post 1980 vettes, NamJam, Tucson, AZ

Small show but fairly nice and judged by the participants. Lost to a C5 owned by a member of a local club that had a lot of cars there. Nothing you can do about that!

Just warming up for Prescott.

2ndPlace1980andnewervettes9-20-14NamJamC

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my Corvette last year. I entered in my 1st Corvette Car show this year, entering in the 8th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Car Show. I entered my club as ACE . I took 1st place in the C5 Custom category. It was pretty exciting considering the severe rains we got up there. In fact, ACE took 1st and 2nd place in the C5 Custom category.

Jimmy

post-2441-0-97064900-1412038068.jpg

wickedfastvette

I bought my Corvette last year. I entered in my 1st Corvette Car show this year, entering in the 8th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Car Show. I entered my club as ACE . I took 1st place in the C5 Custom category. It was pretty exciting considering the severe rains we got up there. In fact, ACE took 1st and 2nd place in the C5 Custom category.

Jimmy

attachicon.gifPic_2.jpg

In the notes it said we were tied for 1st Jimmy so I don't know if they will give us both 1st or not? I do not know how that works.

Awesome job Jimmy, quite the hot rod you have there. For those that didn't go, those flames are hand striped and the car is supercharged

Well it looks like I'm going to have to add a new post here again,

hard to believe my first and up until now only award was on page one :lol

Well it looks like I'm going to have to add a new post here again,

hard to believe my first and up until now only award was on page one :lol

Well, you drive a Pumpkin, so................................................ :facepalm:

Oh yah, #69 1st Place Custom C4s, 9/27/14 8th Annual Prescott All Corvette Show

9-27-141stPlaceCustomC4sPrescottCarShow_

Jimmy

attachicon.gifPic_2.jpg

In the notes it said we were tied for 1st Jimmy so I don't know if they will give us both 1st or not? I do not know how that works.

I think they should give both a trophy. After all.... Where are the notes? I am not finding them, sorry.

At prescottvettesette.org, I found the list of winners.

http://www.prescottvettesette.org/2014%20Winner%20C1-C6%20Final.pdf

Is that you listed second in the C5 Custom?

Jimmy

• Upvote 1

Awesome job Jimmy, quite the hot rod you have there. For those that didn't go, those flames are hand striped and the car is supercharged

Thanks CMSH. I appreciate it.

When I started looking for a Vette, I was not looking for a "Hot Wheels Corvette". My friend Mike Brown from Vettesthetics sent me a picture of it last year. I thought to myself, "that's different". I had no intentions on buying it.....that was until I saw it in person and drove it.

Jimmy

Guest badbobs95

Jimmy

attachicon.gifPic_2.jpg

I think they should give both a trophy. After all.... Where are the notes? I am not finding them, sorry.

Jimmy

I noticed that out of the 6 awards for C5's, 4 were yellow! HMMMMM, who would buy a yellow car?

wickedfastvette

Jimmy

attachicon.gifPic_2.jpg

Jimmy

I asked them and they said that they recounted and forgot to remove the notes from the original list they posted, so it's all yours Jimmy :) congrats on your win!!

It was nice to meet you, Jimmy!

And, CONGRATULATIONS on winning !!

Thank you GOALNGO. I appreciate it. It was a pleasure meeting you as well!