Daddy will I Dream?.. Yes Roxxane, you will

ChadC

If you messed with the steering rack at all you may need to reset the steering wheel center with a Tech II. Oh yeah, Congrats dude! Bet that's fun for sure!

SUNDAY update,

man what a great day. The weather was awesome.

SO that '"wobble" I was talking about had an error code. So Charlie and I were able to Clear the code, replicate the symptoms and repeat the error. Using the scanner tool it came up with "P0174 Error, lean bank 2" (passenger side)

Well that error, is tough to pin down. It simply means the o2 Sensor is reading more Air that normal, and the Fuel trim/adjust cannot compensate any more. the cause could be;

-vacuum leak;

bad power hose, bad NPP exhaust Hose, Bad sealed/PCV hose connector, Bad EVAP hose/leak

- Not enough fuel to that side

bad fuel pump, kink in hose, blockage in fuel rail, low pressure

- bad wiring to that side

poor connector to injectors, crimped crushed wires to spark connectors

- exhaust leak

Fresh air could be injected after the heads, and throwing off the o2 unit. (granted we did not hear an exhaust leak)

-hardware

Throttle body did not seat, Mass Air Flow sensor is simply Fugged up.

-wild card

the supercharger intake is not seated correctly (ugh), one of the intake gaskets has 'rolled' or crimped, (ugh)

....FUUUUUCKKK>..... iut could be any number of things... crap!!!!

SO we started to dig in and then I remembered that some bald, goatee bastard for got to tighten the manifold top cover bolts after he removed the cover to see what was inside.

Posted Image

he was beaten for his mistakes.

..alot

Here is charlie fitting on the nose

Posted Image

The car starts up and no more P0174 error

YEA!!!

However now I get P0068 (? from memory) MAF/Throttle body not in sync. please relearn Throttle position. . This only happens AFTER I gave her the full beans (100% throttle to redline) after 10 min of warm up.

I was advised by my friend that is is normal when you change the air filter assembly, and is commonly 'tuned' out with Superchargers. He said "just drive it and is possible it will relearn and go away on its own" not a big deal.

Posted Image

ready for her maiden voyage

..almost

Roxxane is a little bladder control problem.

the thermostat housing is weeping coolant at the seam.

after changing it 4 times (ie darning, refilling...what a mess) Charlie and i were at a loss and burnt.

My fiend suggest to use a product called Hylomar Blue

Posted Image

it is a good gasket sealeant, but when cured will not be rubbery like RTV scillone. Plus it will still make it possible to disassemble the part in the future if necessary.

So ill go to the parts store on monday to get this and reassemble the Thermostat housing.

Picture of the trouble maker area

Posted Image

getting closer!!!

Are you going to get some miles on it next weekend and cruise to Prescott for the show?

man id love to, but I have a few quirks first.

I want to get some 200 +/- miles in town first with 3 to 5 heat/cold cycles (cold start, warm up, drive, stop, shutdown, warm start, drive, shutdown, total cool off).

depending on how she behaves, and for THE DRIVER to relearn Roxxnae (driving, sounds, feelings ect).

I might be there in Prescott.

I give it 50/50 right now.

If there are no more codes/quirks/problems Ill be driving her around town to my clients this week for my shakedown.

Prescott will be my first ling distance drive.

I hope to be driving her on a 3000 mile 10 day road trip, some time in mid October

baby steps, bob, baby steps.

Posted Image

But that last pic brings up a question as to the true gender of Roxxane. Hmmm!

Posted Image

*snort*

naa that was just a ahem- "add on" only used in the privacy of my home.

Roxxane is all woman.

actually when up in the air, if I'm doing an engine start/run I put the jack under the engine cradle just as a CYA.

I have a lot of rotating mass, and energy 2 feet off the ground and expensive parts to break.

..just an old habit I picked up.

wickedfastvette

Beautiful, just beautiful I have a tear................... Glad odds are going up on Prescott! I miss my brother!

Is the thermostat housing seated correctly? Did you put in a new thermostat? I've seen thermostats be slightly too long and not allow the housing to seat 100%. I believe there are two different LS t-stats and if you didn't get the correct one that will happen. My friend went through it on his procharged ls2 car. Kept trying to put in a 160 t-stat and it just wouldn't seal/fit. Needed a different part number even though he got one for a c6 vette.

So far, it's an expensive box, sitting on an even more expensive box, sitting on four legs.

That will blow you doors off in a week.

Oh wait it could have done it before, j/k :lol

see Charlie has got my back!!

Tuesday update

well the Hylomar blue tackey thing worked. YEA!! no more drip!

however the P0174 (lean bank 2) is back, and at random. grrr.....

I just came back from a 1st gear 20 mph drive around the block and its not right. it has minor surges, the power is delayed, it sounds off.

hmm....

time to start data logging.

chance for Prescott is looking smaller.

crap.

I wonder if I have a failing injector (either connector, or actual injector)

lack of fuel would throw a Lean code.

lack of injector would give the mild studdering....

hmm....

see Charlie has got my back!!

Tuesday update

well the Hylomar blue tackey thing worked. YEA!! no more drip!

however the P0174 (lean bank 2) is back, and at random. grrr.....

I just came back from a 1st gear 20 mph drive around the block and its not right. it has minor surges, the power is delayed, it sounds off.

hmm....

time to start data logging.

chance for Prescott is looking smaller.

crap.

I wonder if I have a failing injector (either connector, or actual injector)

lack of fuel would throw a Lean code.

lack of injector would give the mild studdering....

hmm....

Doesn't matter what you do, the CTS-v will still rape it