Daddy will I Dream?.. Yes Roxxane, you will

ChadC

Good luck with your project brutha, I as well as others would like to observe the progress. By that I mean post pictures as you go, I'll only stop by if you require beverage, supervision, or general pointing and jocularity.

Please promise to wear pants, I'm not getting tricked into another one of your Buffalo Bill re-enactments

I wish you the best of luck with the clutch. No drag racing or hard driving will be required to cook it at WOT.

Strange, I didn't cut or grind anything for my ECS kit. Had to drill two holes for some rivet nuts, other than that, no cutting/grinding. A&A kits you do have to so a very small grind to the water pump but no one could ever be able to tell.

Dropping the cradle is fairly simple way to drill the crank. I've done it both ways. Since the pulley doesn't have to come off (yet, until the rubber separates like it will eventually do) dropping the cradle is easier and less messy.

Very cool Chad!

Can I go ahead and change your tag line back to "Chad the Clutch Destroyer"?

My stock ls7 clutch gave out at 550rwhp just doing rolls. My ls9 clutch didn't like 900+ and would act up after 3-4 dyno pulls until it cooled down. No racing, no launches, just 4th gear pulls.

. it's extremely common for the nut holding the pulley to spin off when doing a pd type blower.

awesome suggestion. thank you!!!

I have an extra clutch style pulley if you want it. Free too! Installation not included.

. it's extremely common for the nut holding the pulley to spin off when doing a pd type blower.

awesome suggestion. thank you!!!

I have an extra clutch style pulley if you want it. Free too! Installation not included.

thank you. Il pass for the moment. im too gun shy to change pulley and have the chance of belt misalignment. I went through HELL the last time.

Posted Image

Coil packs are off, headers disconnected... header gaskets are cehap Ill probably just replace them.

Donna came over for company and to help. I tasked her with removing the Z06 oil cooler. it was frustrating but after some time she let out a mighty " AH HA! I got you! you son of a bitch!!"

I know those words as I have spoken them many times my self.

That will do Donna. That will do.

Posted Image

Wish I was there to help with the wrenchin... Woot brother, woot.

Are you just doing the heads for the SS valves/guides and running a stock eforce tune or are you going to get a custom tune done?

Are you just doing the heads for the SS valves/guides and running a stock eforce tune or are you going to get a custom tune done?

Yes

phase 1 stock eforce tune.

Yes I know im leaving 30+/- HP on the table. its a choice because the extra $450 for the programmer was better than the $100 tow + $500 tune. then another $500 for phase 2

if I want more then Phase 2

long tube headers and a custom tune

if i still want more Phase 3

smaller pulley and boost a pump

If more then Phase 4

cam shaft install

all of this is subject to how ling the clutch lasts. :-D

If/when I do the clutch Ill do headers and a tune at the same time.

I had never thought of using painters tape like that, I will have to use that trick in the future. Looks good Chad you have a very nice Z06 there.

Nice! I would love to go for a spin when it's all done! I've been in one e-force but it was a 2012 GS. I bet that sumbitch is going to hit hard down low? Are you worried about heat soak?

Tony

Don't listen to all these sayers of nay. I'm at 673/584 and treating my clutch like a red headed step child. She's still holding, not sticking, or stinking. Must have a magic pixie dust enhanced LS7 clutch in mine, lol. I bought an RXT for when it goes out though. Keep up the good work. I would have went that route or Magnuson if I didn't get a deal from a buddy on his A&A kit.

well the intake is off YEA!!

Posted Image

im surprised there is not as much blow by oil as my LS1 car had. there is some but not as Goopey as the other.

"AH hA! I got you, you son of a bitch!!"

Posted Image

I look at this and ask myself " shit..what have I done..."

Posted Image

well too late to complain. if Im going to mess this up I might as well go all in!! :-D

I ask for advise/ conformation from the suth sayers

on a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate these piston heads?

Posted Image

SAME SHOT NO FLASH

Posted Image

the others are all the same

Posted Image

Posted Image

the car has 35K miles.

My gut tells me this is the result of typical GM oil blow by.

The cylinder walls are MIRROR smooth. Zero scratching, or marks.

should I leave them be and use GM fuel cleaner for the next 10 gas tanks?

should I sandpaper/shop vac them to make them clean and smooth?

I would clean them up a bit. Definitely more carbon/etc than mine had at 20k miles. Here are pictures of mine at 20k miles

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would clean them up a bit. Definitely more carbon/etc than mine had at 20k miles. Here are pictures of mine at 20k miles

Posted Image

Posted Image