Daddy will I Dream?.. Yes Roxxane, you will

ChadC

Congrats. You just caused 75% + of the people following this thread, to leave your thread, open a new tab & search Twerking :jim:

The other 25% were already twerking.

Just like Miley.... FYI, The license plate TWERKN is available. Do it Chad!

So is the pinning done yet? if not I would like to come out and watch...

no as of Tuesday 7:06 it is not.

starter out

fly wheel holder in place.

4 sub frame bolts loosened

2 engine mount nuts removed.

the engine is ready to lift.

I did a test lift this morning and to be safe im going to remove the oil pressure sensor for clearance.

Ill need to remove the power steering line and let it drip/ drain.

then on the to the bolt removal, pinning, and re install.

I will need to get a pipe that can slide over my 1/2 socket handle for leverage because i KNOW that 140* stretch is going to be a MOTHER>

I will NOT be working on it tonight, and 50/50 for Thursday night.

ti will be short notice Quadracer but I can email/text you if you want.

I've never had to touch the PS lines if I was dropping the rack. I've never lifted the motor either to pin a crank. Just need to drop the rack and leave the motor at the same height. That way you don't have to worry about cracking the cowl, or breaking the oil pressure sensor.

Just saying the whole point to me of lowering the rack is to avoid a big power steering mess. If you are going to pull the PS lines then it would have been easy to just slide the rack out for a second and do it that way. Just trying to help out.

I understand that. Im not pulling anything.

all im removing is the single nut on the rack n pinon and moving the hard line 2 inches to let it drain.

not my pictuer but you get the drift

Posted Image

Understood. If I was closer I would bring by my fancy Makita crazy right angle drill that makes doing it a lot easier too. I started pinning so many cranks I landed up buying a $450 drill just for that job.

Yeah Chad give me a text and if I can I'll run on out. Although I have to do a repair on my ride this weekend as well...ooops

623-256-5776

FRIDAY NIGHT

well the crank pinning was a bit harder than I expected.

i wanted to do it last night and this happened.

Posted Image

yep the drill bit broke off in the crank shaft. dam near shit myself.

it was my own fault.

too long drill bit, too heavy power drill (unwieldy), tired, and not focused on what I was doing. life lesson learned.

SATURDAY MORNING

cleaned up the work area, and got my tools ready for the days tasks (part of my mental walk through).

Posted Image

crank is PInned. YEA!!

the Fly wheel tool (while spendy at $100) is worth every penny. Charley /BLACK n BLUE and I were able to get it done and strecthed to 140*in no time.

Nose is off

Posted Image

While adding spacers to the sub frame ( to lower the engine for hood cleareance for the Supercharger) I saw this welded in the wheel arch.

Posted Image

never saw that before. must be a Z06 "cool kid" thing. EEEk im special!!

Valley pan is off for dissemble

Posted Image

take note

CHAD DID NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE O-RINGS

Posted Image

new machined goodness valley pan being reassembled

My minions hard at work (donna/Camelion and Charley/ Blk n Blue) . I put the DICK in Dictator. :thumbs

Posted Image

valley pan in place.. ooh shiney and smooth.

Posted Image

ok new brackets going on and parts are adding up!!

WOOT

here is an ACE salute.

Posted Image

thanks again to Donna and Charley for cumming out and helping me with this huge project.

(misspelled on purpose)

Any more progress today?

no for sunday. I had family in town.

im on hold till Thursday I think. I have a MIA part arriving and it is causing a chain reaction of events that are on hold Till I have it in hand.

Saturday update.

whew.. what a day. lots done.

the orignal Z06 cooler lines are now free. man whatasonofabitch.

Posted Image

One ting I have learned about this install is ome of the directions say to do XX and that takes 10 seconds. then the next step is one simple sentence "remove YY". that take 4 Freakin Hours!!

Charlie, Donna and I got the LS9 water to water oil cooler installed. man what a bitch. Seriously It was as cumbersome as the Crank pinning.

Posted Image

here is charlie installing the Driver side headers.

Posted Image

Allernator and PS bracket installed YEA!

Posted Image

new power steering revesior bracket with the ACE pointing

Posted Image

Charlie using the crap supplies templates to makes holes in the radiator shroud.. go charlie..go!!

Posted Image

Before the radiator, plumbing, and fans go in, I said "hey, charlie lets put the belt on now while there is room to work"

Holey...leee..shit... now the radiator and 50% of the hoses are in, that was possibility the smartest thing I said all day.

Posted Image

Radatior and shroud in place

Posted Image

the heat ex changer is held on by 3 bolts, two of them in plastic. I did not feel that that they had enough bite/surface area for support. so I added a fender washer to make better contact.

Posted Image

the water pump (for the supercharger) relay and mounting.

Posted Image

the new horn and water pump mounting. I fear that I will have to dick around with the horns. it is a common porblem with this kit that the new horn bracket does not vibrate enough and actually muffels the sound.

Posted Image

so No bull shit, gods honest Truth, the SECOND charlie and I say " man that supercharger is heavy, how are we going to lift it?"

we hear 2 corvettes come around the corner.

and sure enough 2 extra minions arrive.

man is ACE awesome or what!!

we never laugh so hard before.

Posted Image

EDIT: One of my minions chose to cross his arms and give his "cop face" so out of respect I will hide is identity. :-D

so with the help of 3 extra minions the Supercharger is laid to rest. WOOT!!!!!

Posted Image

now im trying to decode the hose nightmare before me.

Posted Image

I have ANOTHER missing part form Elderbrock.. grr..

but this is a lemons into Lemon aid thing. I am missing the PVC short hose that goes from the valley vent tube into the throttle body/ snout.

with all the carbon this car has I wanted to add a Catch can.

So here is the rub, If I order a catch can today, I wont get it till Wed or Friday. :-( im soo close.

then I remembered AH HA!!!

Posted Image

I have one sitting in my "Parts Tub" from the C5 Roxxane v2.0 days!!

Now for the mad scientist to come out and make this puppy work!!

but first im pooped and I need rest and sleep.

MEGA thanks to Charlie for putting in a 9 hour day working in a hot garage with me. Thank you bud! :thumbs