Daddy will I Dream?.. Yes Roxxane, you will

ChadC

...and when you wake up you will be a beautiful SLEEPER butterfly. With the power to kill on command.

Posted Image

so my project begins.

I iwll be replacing /RR the heads first.

Ill post up progress Pictures when I can. I predict Roxxane will be offline for 3 weeks plus.

Head swap can be done in a day. Why 3 weeks?

If you need help let me know, I've done it, a lot.

I have had a shitty month.

Im down shifting work and spending some time on Roxxane and doing a hobby I love. So im taking my sweet ass time. :-D

Plus it hot out.

Im having the heads RR at WCCH when I get them off. I was told by them the turn around time will take 1.5 to 2 weeks alone. so that where the bulk of the Down time will be.

I have had a shitty month. Im down shifting work and spending some time on Roxxane and doing a hobby I love. So im taking my sweet ass time. :-D Plus it hot out. Im having the heads RR at WCCH when I get them off. I was told by them the turn around time will take 1.5 to 2 weeks alone. so that where the bulk of the Down time will be.

CPR has a set of LS7 heads they can send off to be done while you keep driving yours. Richard took about 5 weeks for my 317 heads. He has another CNC machine now, so hopefully he really is down to 1.5-2 weeks.

I hope its not 5 weeks. eek...

I wil have plenty to do once the heads are off. the 2weeks will not be in vain..

Guest badbobs95

Hey Chad, do you think all this work will make it go fast? :bannana4: I'm just being stupid. What are your goals when finished sir?

Don't see too many eforce ls7 cars. What made you choose to do that one over a different brand? Are you doing a clutch too because the low end torque won't be easy on the stock clutch.

Hey Chad, do you think all this work will make it go fast? :bannana4: I'm just being stupid. What are your goals when finished sir?

He's going to fix it up, and make it perfect, and then he'll be done with it, and he'll sell it. To me. :smilelol

"Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why."

/subscribed and IBTOJ = In Before Teh O-ring Jokes

Outstanding, Chad !!!!

There's a few e-force LS7 cars roaming the streets of the Phoenix metro :thumbs

whats the build consist of besides heads?

just this little new intake manifold....:-D

Posted Image

MMMMMMMM,Me want!!

Should be Awesome!!

Right on! Doing a cam at the same time. Your right there since the rack is coming out :)

no cam, for several reasons.

A: im scared.

B: I have learned that some Z06 owners are picky little bitches (no one here of course). i have seen a z06 car with a muffler, CAI and a tune get labeled as ' A Heavily modified car, you should RUN away'. There are some people that consider changing a Z06 as blasphemy against Mohammad. So im doing low key changes that I can reverse with relative ease so in the future it can be labeled as "all stock"

Im not taking out the rack. radiator is coming out, intake is off, nose is coming off (per e-force).

Ill just raise the engine a bit and pin the crank that way.

Right on! Doing a cam at the same time. Your right there since the rack is coming out :)

no cam, for several reasons.

A: im scared.

B: I have learned that some Z06 owners are picky little bitches (no one here of course). i have seen a z06 car with a muffler, CAI and a tune get labeled as ' A Heavily modified car, you should RUN away'. There are some people that consider changing a Z06 as blasphemy against Mohammad. So im doing low key changes that I can reverse with relative ease so in the future it can be labeled as "all stock"

Im not taking out the rack. radiator is coming out, intake is off, nose is coming off (per e-force).

Ill just raise the engine a bit and pin the crank that way.

right on, i would lower the cradle some too than. the e-force instructions are some of the most complete i have ever seen so it'll go on very easily. I would recommend if they have not updated the instructions to plan on getting an alternator w/ a clutch type pulley like those on the auto's. it's extremely common for the nut holding the pulley to spin off when doing a pd type blower.

Don't see too many eforce ls7 cars. What made you choose to do that one over a different brand? Are you doing a clutch too because the low end torque won't be easy on the stock clutch.

the centuri kits are very , VERY well tested. I know A&A and east coast S/C make fine products. but each one still looks a little 'cobbled' together.

for me there is a reason the OEM sealed the radiator, to prevent air from spilling over the edges. but there is massive gaps with each kit. It requires cutting/grinding to make things fit.

I know there is a proven track record with them, but It always felt a little 'low end' to me.

the E-force is simply an OEM add on. it think it wonderfully clean and 'factory look' install. I know it has power limitations beyond the original specs, but im ok with that.

No clutch at this time. I come from the school that you can put 1000hp car on a stock clutch, if you drive it right. drag racing is not my thing and im easy on most of my equipment.

. it's extremely common for the nut holding the pulley to spin off when doing a pd type blower.

awesome suggestion. thank you!!!

We're checking every o-ring this time right?

That did not take long.

I am, and Mark/Sidewinder is not here to help either. Most people dont know that the O ring in question was pulled by him and replaced by me. I did see what it looked like when it came out so I assumed how it was supposed to seat incorrrectley. That is what caused the oil starving, cavatation, and spun main bearing that ate the engine and new S/C.