NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Official who did I see thread

KrenzyRyan

Wed I was on my way home N/B on the 51 when another Vette in the slow lane ahead. My first thought was WTH is it doing in the slow lane but then I realize it's Carlisle Blue. I decide it must be silver and the sunlight is making it look blue. No,it was another Carlisle Blue GS. I've never seen another Vette this color let alone a GS. I was so shocked I didn't look at the plate but I think it was an out of state plate because as I looked in my rearview mirror it had a front plate.

well crap Eddie, there goes teh neighborhood.... when are you trading yours in now???

Not gonna happen for awhile! Next one will be the 2015 or 2016 C7 with the butt ugly Camaro rearend. It hasn't grown on me enough yet.

Wed I was on my way home N/B on the 51 when another Vette in the slow lane ahead. My first thought was WTH is it doing in the slow lane but then I realize it's Carlisle Blue. I decide it must be silver and the sunlight is making it look blue. No,it was another Carlisle Blue GS. I've never seen another Vette this color let alone a GS. I was so shocked I didn't look at the plate but I think it was an out of state plate because as I looked in my rearview mirror it had a front plate.

I have seen this car around, I'm sorry Eddie, I specifically looked to see if it was you. I made no note of the plate however

I have one that lives down by me that has the chrome wheels.

The one I saw had chrome wheels and emblems.

• 3 weeks later...

saw .a red C 7 on the I 40 this weekend getting ticketed. As I pulled by him I rolled the window down and shook my finger at him and he laughed and started sucking his thumb. License plate was c7Geno

• 4 weeks later...

spotted a black C6 Z06 whizzing past me on my way to the November Lunch this past saturday. had a personalized plate that said INTRBLE.

Heading eastly on the 60 this morning at 7:27 at the Mesa Drive exit. I spied with my naked eye, a silver C6 ZR-1. I was in my go fast 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix (that's pricks) 3.8 liter 4 speed automatic overdrive doin' 75ish and I beat him past the exit. Course he had to slow up for traffic but I'm still counting it.... :checkerdflag:

• 1 month later...

Finally got these pix off my phone this morning, thus teh sucky pic quality, all seen recently in teh Litchfield Park. Teh black Z is a sweet track car wearing Hoosier meats. One yeller C6 had a body kit of some sort, and teh other had a ginormous wing on it.

BlackC6Ztrackcar.jpg

BlackC6Ztrackcar2.jpg

YellerC6bodykit.jpg

YellerC6wing.jpg

YellerC6wing2.jpg

:wave2:

saw my c5 following me in the Fiesta Bowl parade. Does that count?

Correction you were following your C5. At least when we saw you at Missouri. Saw your plate on the C5 but you weren't driving the a couple cars later you came by in the C7.

Yeh. another guy drove the head of the shrine in the c5.thought I was going to freeze my buns off waiting for that parade to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extender??

Just whizzed by a black ZR1 going the other way, Dysart at Sonoma. I know he's out here somewhere...

• 4 weeks later...

It's probably the same exact shade, but the metal flake laid differently.

One of the pitfalls to painting body panel separately.

Somewhere a GM designer saw those and said Yuck....

Then he went and designed the C7.....