Top Posters In This Topic

• gnemack

• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am ready to see if it will start. :thumbs

:tony: on ready alert...j/k we are pullin for success!

Me too! Just found out I have to remove the dash cover :banghead Need to put the two blind nuts by the passengers side air bag . One step forward one back. The secret is to take MORE pictures to remind yourself how to put it back. Well it is no big deal, I am ready for the task.

I am ready to see if it will start. :thumbs

:tony: on ready alert...j/k we are pullin for success!

Me too! Just found out I have to remove the dash cover :banghead Need to put the two blind nuts by the passengers side air bag . One step forward one back. The secret is to take MORE pictures to remind yourself how to put it back. Well it is no big deal, I am ready for the task.

OK I'm back dash loose and back in after installing blind nuts took all of 5 minutes to do. back on track now

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

your level of confidence is totally underwhelming :ack

Been fighting the urge to put a battery in and see what works , still have to put in the seats ands some wiring in the header, going to wait until it is all done. The tech2 I got from Ebay waws sent back to China, I could not get it to work :banghead , Now that i need it most IT IS NOT HERE, SO Is there any Mobile corvette mechanics out there who can come to me and program my "sea 6" with a Tech2 Not looking for charity I am willing to compensate for the service. as a side note with a different BCM in place are the miles stored in the dash or in the BCM?

It is ALIVE!! :banannarainbow: :banannarainbow: with miles as expected at 9864. No smoke or need for a fire extinguisher. NOW I need to get it programed to start, NOTE So. Carolina gas still smells good. If it were the crap we are forced to use it would have turned bad, long ago. I have lights, Horn, :clap :clap and not much more for now

Going to shampoo the rugs before I put in the seats give it a day to dry. I'll keep you all posted. I owned a Bar back in the 80s and have not had a drink since I sold it. Looking forward to lifting a glass when it is done. Thanks Mr Bud

I havent been back in ths thread in awhile. Im so excited youve made this kinda progress. I do have a friend who is a master tech at the Chevy dealer in N. Scottsdale, he is also one of two techs allowed to work on Zr1s. he brings his tech2 home occasionally and will help you (he does charge of course). Private message me for his # if you need it.

It is ALIVE!! :banannarainbow: :banannarainbow: with miles as expected at 9864. No smoke or need for a fire extinguisher. NOW I need to get it programed to start, NOTE So. Carolina gas still smells good. If it were the crap we are forced to use it would have turned bad, long ago.

I have lights, Horn, :clap :clap and not much more for now

Found a 60 amp fuse #33 under the hood blown now I have power mirrors, telescopic steering wheel, I can open the fuel door and rear hatch

Radio says cd parked red light warning on doors, power seats, still no start, still working towards resolution

I havent been back in ths thread in awhile. Im so excited youve made this kinda progress.

I do have a friend who is a master tech at the Chevy dealer in N. Scottsdale, he is also one of two techs allowed to work on Zr1s. he brings his tech2 home occasionally and will help you (he does charge of course). Private message me for his # if you need it.

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I am tired of trying to get to the next level without a tech2. I am now wanting to pay a shop to take this deep sea 6 to the finish line. Any help? :thankyou:

Wow. I admire your tenacity to get it to this point. Don't know if Loud Pedal Motorsports does this kinda thing, but that's where I'd start asking.

I too am impressed you made it this far. I am not sure if a repair shop would take on a project like this not knowing what all would be involved. Good luck though. :thumbs

Posted Image

OK, so I was bored and while looking at this car, I tried to identify what it originally was.

So far I believe it's a 2008, 3LT, Z51, A6, VR exterior, Ebony/Cobalt Red interior, with probably dealer installed body color door handles and spoiler.

Can anybody ID this further? Other than a one-time hot model.

Guest badbobs95

Posted Image

OK, so I was bored and while looking at this car, I tried to identify what it originally was.

So far I believe it's a 2008, 3LT, Z51, A6, VR exterior, Ebony/Cobalt Red interior, with probably dealer installed body color door handles and spoiler.

Silly guy! It was originally a Corvette. I know I'm right. I can tell by the mirrors. Posted ImagePosted Image

I too am impressed you made it this far. I am not sure if a repair shop would take on a project like this not knowing what all would be involved. Good luck though. :thumbs

At this point the answer is

a. Computer programing.

b. electrical wiring.

c. component testing

Isn't this what ALL newer car repairs are?

What is the issue?

At this point the answer is

a. Computer programing.

b. electrical wiring.

c. component testing

Isn't this what ALL newer car repairs are?

What is the issue?

I think you'll likely have to go to a dealership and have the programming flashed onto the computer(s), your average speed shop isn't going to have the programming or the hardware to do so. They have technology to re-calibrate existing programs but not do the actual flash which is what you likely need. Everything else on you list is well within the capabiity of an experienced independent mechanic with a Tech II and multimeter (I would think)

Wow just started to read this thread. I'm impressed. I saw the marshmallow roaster and thought you had a melt down. I hope you figure things out and get her running. Would love to see it when you are done.

Posted Image

It could have been a pissed off X.