NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Flood Damage Revival

gnemack

:banannarainbow: :banannarainbow: The sea 6 is nearing completion it RUNS and the dealer is now making sure everything functions as it should. They did a great job :bang I was surprised they took on this project. I will have it home after the weekend. Now I have to insure and register the car. With 3 Corvettes, a LS6 SS Chevelle a Malibu LTZ and a convertible Cadillac it may be time to thin the herd :thankyou: :thankyou: to all. Mr Bud

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gnemack

• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahoy matey. Had too much to drink last night? A little under the wetter now? Time to bail out and dry up. Sea you salty dogs later.

Ahoy matey. Had too much to drink last night? A little under the wetter now? Time to bail out and dry up. Sea you salty dogs later.

Arrrrrrggggggh!

Posted Image

Arrrrrrggggggh!

Posted Image

Arrrrrrggggggh!

Hey! That's my line. :buc: Glad to sea you're getting it back, jus don't let it...runnoft. :bolt:

if you dont use sea6 on your license plate ill be let down. and...inquiring minds on that 427 sir?

Yes updates... and where is that thread on auction listings... I kinda wanna try this now lol.

The sea 6 is being held hostage to GM parts supply. I did see it today and opened the doors and the windows indexed :partygrnhat: this is the 1st time I did not have to use the emergency manual system. Little things that make a person feel good. It seems the seats I purchased were from a wreck that deployed the seat belt pre tensioners so the SRS system needs these replaced before the system will work :facepalm: Dropped off the sea 6 old ones to see if they survived, hope they knew how to swim, the ECM survived the water and is still in the car. All this and I have yet to look up anything in the 08 shop manuals. Buying another ECM and the books were totally unnecessary, for now, could have used those dollars for the tags.

Yes updates... and where is that thread on auction listings... I kinda wanna try this now lol.

Two auctions are available to the public for insurance Cars 1st is IAA Auto Auctions you will have to pay a membership fee to bid and see the cars in person. Anyone can google IAA and explore the cars for sale nationwide for FREE. The 2nd one is COPART Auto Auction. Can't remember if I paid a fee to register, Again you can visit the site for free.

I purchased the sea 6 from IAA in NO. Carolina from pictures and description on the net. I would NOT ADVISE this to a Nubee, You Could get HURT REAL BAD this long distance buying is a Gamble :crazy I once saw another 08 Here in Phoenix, hit in the rear, looked like something I could fix. I went to look at it in person only to find no oil on the dip stick. I let that one go. It cost $1,000 to transport Sea 6 to me. And I will caution the auction scene, it is easy to spend more than you want, I went 4k above what I wanted to spend but I was not going to let the other bidder win :hunterhttps://www.iaai.com/ Don't worry about my black convert. It is NOT the big dog around here THE 468 Ls6 Rat in my 70 Chevelle is.

I know someone that may be interested in the ECM if you want to sell.

I'll let you know after the vette is home.

this is the risk you alwys take when buying salvage stuff from cpart,iaai. it didnt get there by mistake. i feel for ya bro. before i rebuilt the whole electrical system only to have possible future nightmares, i'd consider getting mech inclined friend to help strip it apart and double your cash. then you can pick and choose a carfax clean car..

Are you nucking futz???

this is the risk you alwys take when buying salvage stuff from cpart,iaai. it didnt get there by mistake. i feel for ya bro. before i rebuilt the whole electrical system only to have possible future nightmares, i'd consider getting mech inclined friend to help strip it apart and double your cash. then you can pick and choose a carfax clean car..

:partydance::partygrnhat::banannarainbow: :banannarainbow: THE SEA 6 is out of dry dock and i drove it home yesterday. Now I have to refine my manual shifting skills. I watched my wife's head snapping back with each shift. Everything is working now and I think I am part owner of the dealership. Thank you to all who supported my effort. To all (most) Who thought this could not be done YOU ARE WRONG! :bang :bang

I'd love to see a final cost tally on this deal. Real numbers. Purchase price, shipping, parts, dealer repair bill, extra ECM and books... All of it. Then compare that number to what a 2008 salvage titled flood car is worth.

I'd love to see a final cost tally on this deal. Real numbers.

Same here... I never thought it COULDN'T be done, just the cost will be more than the final value...

Anything can be fixed ... for a price!

markallamerican

I'd love to see a final cost tally on this deal. Real numbers.

Purchase price, shipping, parts, dealer repair bill, extra ECM and books... All of it.

Then compare that number to what a 2008 salvage titled flood car is worth.

My thoughts exactly, plus the future reliabilty of the car