• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gnemack

• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Total cost and reliability were my concerns. I think you said a lot when you say you now have a part ownership in the dealership. Next question....would you do it again? HONEST!

Congrats, now bring it out so we can SEA it and give ya a pat on the back! :thumbs

There, fixed it for ya!

Congrats on the completion of SEA6...good on ya! :thumbs:clap

Total cost and reliability were my concerns. I think you said a lot when you say you now have a part ownership in the dealership.

Next question....would you do it again? HONEST!

I have done this many times over the years with everything from Lexus to Corvette. All said and done I have an 08 lt3 Coupe with no money owed for the cost of the car and Just shy of $6K to fix it Real cost is on a need to know basis. The dealer took $4200. At this point I had a paid off Corvette needing Help. It is ONLY EXPENSIVE IF they did not deliver a working automobile. Who would not spend that to have a running 08 with 9864 miles on the clock? My C5 needs repair on a regular basis it has a good title and it has the nerve to do all the crazy electrical stuff C5 are known for. Even good cars brake down. After all this it will be just another bump in the road.... Nothing big

Congrats...glad to see you got her all done. I'll disagree with you last statement about C5's though. Mine is trouble free. 1999 with just under 75k on the clock. If you take care of your stuff, they will last. My '00 truck has over 134k on the clock and still runs great. She has a few minor issues that do not affect reliability and therefore I have not done anything about. Will she run for ever...no...but she still has life in her. Same as the vette.

Congrats...glad to see you got her all done.

I'll disagree with you last statement about C5's though. Mine is trouble free. 1999 with just under 75k on the clock. If you take care of your stuff, they will last.

My '00 truck has over 134k on the clock and still runs great. She has a few minor issues that do not affect reliability and therefore I have not done anything about. Will she run for ever...no...but she still has life in her. Same as the vette.

Never replaced head light motor gears?? Column lock problems?? Never saw service traction control, ABS, reduced engine power all gauges give false reading??? Lucky man, Do not get me wrong I love my C5 Silver with Red interior, Just like my 1st Vette, a 1960 only much better in all respects.

I applaude you for doing it but I guess with mine being a daily driver I'd be afraid of the reliability. Again, congrats!

I applaude you for doing it but I guess with mine being a daily driver I'd be afraid of the reliability.

Again, congrats!

This is only one of 3 Corvettes none of which are daily drivers. My wife is most comfortable in the 08 Malibu, I like it too.

Now I am tasked with burning up 3/4 tank of 6-7 month old gas. I will say that No. Carolina gas is NOT the crap we have here, it still smells good. I plan on a can of sea foam to the remaining gas and putting on some highway miles to wake everything up. The dealer changed all oil and transaxle fluid. Said it ALL looked good. I had it changed anyway --- Cheap insurance. Monday I'm off to the DMV to make it legal to sail on public streets. Will sea you all after a shakedown cruz

Low book for a car in fair condition is $31,000. I am well under that mark. No breakdown for a salvage car. I have sold salvage cars after I'm tired of them for market price of a non salvage car. Being meticulous with my cars they usually are in better condition than most. None of them have a sign on the door that says SALVAGE.

You cannot tell by looking at it compared to a non salvage car. What happened in the past is not where I am I'm looking. I'm looking to the future. When I buy a salvage car the dollars lost when the car is sold is up front not on the back end. I have driven some for a year or more and made money, drivein with -0- cost. Now buy a new car and sell it for more, never going to happen. On the showroom floor is a GS convert @77k. after t.t.l. closer to 100K after 1 year this car will loose more than I have in this car.

You pay for the value left in the car. You would be amazed at what some cars are salvaged for. I am well under KBB value for this car

Never replaced head light motor gears?? Column lock problems?? Never saw service traction control, ABS, reduced engine power all gauges give false reading??? Lucky man, Do not get me wrong I love my C5 Silver with Red interior, Just like my 1st Vette, a 1960 only much better in all respects.

Nope. The only thing I had to do was replace the harmonic balancer. It has a solid piece that should last the life of the car now. Everything else was by choice.

Nope. The only thing I had to do was replace the harmonic balancer. It has a solid piece that should last the life of the car now. Everything else was by choice.

And with that, you officially jinx'd yerself...

:partydance::partygrnhat::banannarainbow: :banannarainbow: THE SEA 6 is out of dry dock and i drove it home yesterday. Now I have to refine my manual shifting skills. I watched my wife's head snapping back with each shift. Everything is working now and I think I am part owner of the dealership. Thank you to all who supported my effort. To all (most) Who thought this could not be done YOU ARE WRONG! :bang :bang

I am not sure that all (most) of us thought it could not be done, just that it was more than a DIY'er should be taking on. It does appear they were right....

And with that, you officially jinx'd yerself...

Naw, I don't believe in that jinx crap. :lol

:xfinger

Guest badbobs95

I have one firm belief. Spend your money the way you want and don't look back. It doesn't matter how much you make when you sell your car. I know people that buy vettes, store them, never drive them, sell them five years later for what they paid for them, and they are so f--n proud of themselves I can't believe it! SO WHAT? If you never drive it, why bother? It's nobody's business what you do with your money. Challenges always provide the best reward. You go boy! Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I was thinking of a salvage vette, in terms of theft recovery; I'd rather take a salvage-restored to the track than a clean title vette to the track...it'd ease my conscience(to have nice things) while having speed-legal fun. BIG props gnemack :thumbs, good hard work/elbow grease and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor! :yesnod, much respect/great progress thread!

Congrats. Hope to sea you at some events. What a great feeling it must be to save the life of a Vette!

Congrats. Hope to sea you at some events. What a great feeling it must be to save the life of a Vette!

The black 07 was purchased at auction in California it was hit in the right rear. I fixed it myself,paint and body work. I took it to a shop for alignment so I guess I did not fix it DIY. After all it is only fiberglass and can be glued together again I did not care for the all black interior and I changed it too with red Ostrich leather and SEM dye on the dash. I do not want to spend on a new car so i change them up to what i like.I could go back to 1970 when I saved a 63 split window that had an electrical fire. Had to replace the front clip all the resin burned out of the glass and every wire in the car melted. I made a replacement and drove the car for a couple of years 3 different engines 2 different transmissions 2 different paint jobs. I learned how to paint and do body work with it.

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears::howdy:clap THE SEA 6 is all legal now plates for i year. Had an :facepalm: moment when the DMV inspector 1st stated Arizona will not give registration to a FLOOD car. After a phone call he came back :thankyou: and said NO PROBLEM It is done for now and I am feeling empty without a project to work on I'll find something to keep me busy. So many more Corvettes and different colors. I like the Orange / Sunset glow After 2 days I am getting use to a 6 speed. Does anyone use 6 gear in town? The car runs great without a single issue except for the $60 in gas to fill it up.

Time for some pics! :partydance:

I have to clean it 1st All i did is to wash it, Tried the leaf blower to dry it off, did not work all that good. Waiting for Bad Bob to do some magic on it. When Bob finds his camera the final result will be posted for all to sea :rockon2:

Looks damn good man !!! Thanks for bringin her out yesterday ..... and it was great meeting you as well ...... sorry there weren't more of us inside with ya'll ..... but hope you had a good time and enjoyed the lunch !!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

I had a good time, would have liked to talk some more. I did not know you were shy of A/C inside. Going to get Sea6 waxed and polished before you can see it again. Just turned 10k miles running fantastic, I love the NPP exhaust. Got to keep the right foot out of it before I get myself in trouble :eddie2: I'll see you guys again :yesnod

Thanks for showing the SEA6 yesterday,it looked terrific. I hope you are taking care of your self, Vietnam was a bitch...........

Thanks for showing the SEA6 yesterday,it looked terrific.

I hope you are taking care of your self, Vietnam was a bitch...........

Thought I made it out safely :facepalm: but now have serious medical conditions from Agent Orange! MY GOVERNMENT POISONED ME. :eek AND EVERY OTHER IN COUNTRY Person. Vets register with the VA Agent Orange registry at Carl Hayden VA Hospital. They will check you for complications due to exposure.

At government cost all you need is your DD214 If you were in Viet Nam YOU ARE EXPOSED!! IT TOOK 40 YEARS TO GET ME. You older guys need to have your prostate checked now before things happen. Stay Safe.

thanks for all the complements on a successful ending to the sea6 project. :clap