• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What part of I have an 07 convert did you not understand

Mr. Bud I kind of like that kiddo

Maybe the part where you said you had a DOA '08 coupe? :toetap

The '07 and '08 service manuals are not interchangeable.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

While I agree about the interchangability, the sad fact is that some of the info in the '08 manual didn't get updated from the '07 issue.

Having both would be a significant advantage over having one for a different model year. Having the correct one to include with the sale is also smart.

I am not sure that the some of the information that is the same in '07 would be greatly beneficial with what he is working on accomplishing.

There was a large change that year from the engine that was used, to the integrated fob.

Ordered a NEW harness, seems to be the only one in the country coming in from Fla. Have a replacement BCM and ECM now waiting for the harness. Got a bid on a Tech2, might be wise to have a shop flash the components, That would not come close to the price of the tool. They should know what they are doing . After I see the harness and have a good feel for it , going to remove the dash and replace. Wish me success. Mr Bud.

Mr. Bud, When I had my own shop, years ago, on occasion I would buy flood damaged cars. Did a couple of salt cars and both were a real pain but finally got them running. Some of the problems I ran into was some of the wiring was corroded inside the plastic coating that could not be detected by looking. In some cases the corrosion was 5 to 6 inches up inside the coating. Wound up either replacing the wire(s) or the entire harness. I had an engine that would not turn over so we removed the plugs poured in some ATF and let sit for a few days then turned it over by hand and finally by the starter. It ran fine for 5 years and was sold as part of the business (was used as a parts truck). I’m retired also so If you need some help, advice or shoulder to cry on shoot me a PM and I’ll do what I can.

Mr. Bud, When I had my own shop, years ago, on occasion I would buy flood damaged cars. Did a couple of salt cars and both were a real pain but finally got them running. Some of the problems I ran into was some of the wiring was corroded inside the plastic coating that could not be detected by looking. In some cases the corrosion was 5 to 6 inches up inside the coating. Wound up either replacing the wire(s) or the entire harness. I had an engine that would not turn over so we removed the plugs poured in some ATF and let sit for a few days then turned it over by hand and finally by the starter. It ran fine for 5 years and was sold as part of the business (was used as a parts truck). I’m retired also so If you need some help, advice or shoulder to cry on shoot me a PM and I’ll do what I can.

Don and Patty I have a new harness on the way I'm seeing the same problem at the connectors, not wanting to scab in wires, it is not my way, of fixing things :partydance: I can Be anal too :partydance: It is great to hear someone with enough mechanical sense to recognize all is not lost. The car is loaded for an 08, seems the depression cut back on the option list of many. I do not think the car has more than 10K miles, Bose with steering wheel controls LT-3 package F-55 HUD heated memory seats and it does not have a black interior(Cashmere) bought a Bose amp yesterday,now waiting on parts. This is the hard part Don do you have a tech2? forgot it also has the mild to wild exhaust I do not have a remote for it. Can a remote be found or do I have to start all over with a new module and remote?

forgot it also has the mild to wild exhaust I do not have a remote for it. Can a remote be found or do I have to start all over with a new module and remote?

Does it have the M2W module in the footwell already since this is an aftermarket add on. The exhaust still will work as the factory has it set up...mild below 3500, and wild above that. The M2W add on allows you to control it at your liking.

Now if you already have that module, I'd try and contact the manufacture of the unit and ask about a replacement remote.

forgot it also has the mild to wild exhaust I do not have a remote for it. Can a remote be found or do I have to start all over with a new module and remote?

Does it have the M2W module in the footwell already since this is an aftermarket add on. The exhaust still will work as the factory has it set up...mild below 3500, and wild above that. The M2W add on allows you to control it at your liking.

Now if you already have that module, I'd try and contact the manufacture of the unit and ask about a replacement remote.

Yes it is their BUT it rattles and was in the water too it may be no longer useful I see this on Ebay for $99.00 I'll see if I need more noise after :thankyou:

Yes it is their BUT it rattles and was in the water too it may be no longer useful I see this on Ebay for $99.00 I'll see if I need more noise after :thankyou:

Ed Frias of Velocity Vettes in Prescott is where I got mine and if I remember correctly it was only $65. You can find him here on ACE too I believe.

2nd day of using 100% C.L.R. to remove rust. Scored the elusive tech2 on Ebay little by little it is coming togetherpost-1728-097560000 1322850830_thumb.jpg

2nd day of using 100% C.L.R. to remove rust. Scored the elusive tech2 on Ebay little by little it is coming togetherpost-1728-097560000 1322850830_thumb.jpg

Seat motors are locked up. I can only expect the electronics for the seats to be compromised too. Bought another pair of seats for the base and electric components . Ebay to the rescue. New body wiring harness is on the way too. Looks like a white Christmass in my future, the white will be the change of color of my hair :willy :willy

post-1728-011390800 1324434096_thumb.jpgpost-1728-080933700 1324434012_thumb.jpgHarness is so large I could not get it all in one photo. Had a problem with the passengers seat. It was all the way back and I could not get to the mounting bolts. Motors were not working and the3 worm gear was rusted solid! Finally I found two bolts on the bottom of the track that held the seat and the screw drive together upon removing the two 8mm star bolts the seat was free to move. Little by little i'm moving in the right direction. THe tech 2 cd's will not open on my I mack computer. Got lap top computer with windows XP Pro coming. I'll be glad when this is all done.

post-1728-069705500 1324433845_thumb.jpg

Today lots of progress after one hour work. :partydance: can only work sparingly as I am disabled with the big "C" among other ailments from my service in Viet Nam Agent Orange exposure while I was fighting for your freedom. If I can do this ,why can't post-1728-010480600 1324511531_thumb.jpg you?