Flood Damage Revival

gnemack

How much you want? I should be able to help you out on the DI water. We use it at my work, may be able to get you some tomorrow. You'll need some sort of carrier.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gnemack

• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much you want? I should be able to help you out on the DI water.

We use it at my work, may be able to get you some tomorrow.

You'll need some sort of carrier.

I imagine a couple of gallons will do. probably over kill better to have more than less let m3e know how and where we can meet :thankyou: :thankyou:

Getting closer to that magical 25 :banannarainbow:

Good advice, now the question is how to test system wiring before new parts are added. The Ebay seller is a salvage yard with a guarantee part works again, thanks for your valuable input.

if you havent already buy the GM shop manuals and the GM Tech 2 from ebay.

That will give you a startign point.

Found a set of manuals for an 07, bought them as I have an 07 I believe this will suffice for the 08 as well short of the ls2 vs ls3 I always try to obtain shop manuals for all my cars

the 08 has a different ECM, and different features.

It was a serious shift in the platform. the 2008 to 2012 is considered close while the 2005 to 2007 is close.

you have a $35K car and you ar trying to save a $160 for the right service manual?

This speaks volumes in my opinion.

mister Bud

the 08 has a different ECM, and different features.

It was a serious shift in the platform. the 2008 to 2012 is considered close while the 2005 to 2007 is close.

you have a $35K car and you ar trying to save a $160 for the right service manual?

This speaks volumes in my opinion.

mister Bud

What part of I have an 07 convert did you not understand

Mr. Bud I kind of like that kiddo

What part of I have an 07 convert did you not understand

Maybe the part where you said you had a DOA '08 coupe? :toetap

The '07 and '08 service manuals are not interchangeable.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

age is not relevant when it comes to wisdom and experence.

let me know when you decide to part out that 08' car. Ill buy the headlights from you.

im out of this thread.

cheers

cahd

age is not relevant when it comes to wisdom and experence.

let me know when you decide to part out that 08' car. Ill buy the headlights from you.

im out of this thread.

cheers

cahd

Having not been born a wise guy Truth is in you'r statement.

You can have the headlights for $25k today! After the car is up and running it will be as you said $35k

I'm going to quote the late John Wane " you can't win an argument with an idiot." I am not going to lower myself to a level of being an Ace hole I WILL get this car done, I have tackled worse and succeeded. If you ever have some usefull information come back, good buy Kiddo

If this thread resorts to any more name calling or immature behavior, it will disappear.

You have been warned.

Play nice...

Wow, how did this turn ugly??? It's a cool thread and should stay that way. gnemack please keep us updated on your progress.

Wow, how did this turn ugly??? It's a cool thread and should stay that way.

gnemack please keep us updated on your progress.

After soaking the b.c.m connectors in white vinegar for 24 hrs all the corrosion is gone.,but some of the wires have to the connectors have separated at the plug. The wire gage is so thin the salt ate the wire at the connector There is not enough slack in the harness to move it out of the footwell to reconnect the wires. I will have to remove it from the car. As long as it is out I am going to replace it. Parts on order,This is no problem I'm up to the task. I once replaced the full engine and body harness on a 63 coupe ,had an under hood fire. Took out every wire under the dash too. I made a harness out of one color wire. Worked fine until I found a o.e.m harness a year later. When I get all the parts I will try to breathe life into my creation. Maybe some lightning and Egor as an assistant will help.

Its going to happen. feels good to be motivated and do something this retirement thing is not what I like, need to keep busy.

Mister Bud

I am a skeptic and would never try such a project but that doesn't mean I wouldn't applaud you for your success if it works out.

Try to get some video of initial startup. We would love to see all your hard work pay off.

I will be happy. I mean really, really happy to do that :thankyou:

The situation here is fluid, no pun intended,the wiring harness turned out to be a red herring :banghead Went to the dealership, they say the harness is not in the system, do not know if they can get one. They suggested I find what I need at a salvage yard. Made some inquiries ,have to wait and see if anything comes of it. Went back to look at my car and was able to cut a tie wrap and get enough slack to the point where I can repair the now 6 broken connections. Going to give it a try. If a replacement harness becomes available I will change it out . Just have to put out fires as they come. On the good side this is post 25! :banannarainbow:

Have you given a call to 20th Street Auto yet? Corvette graveyard over there, might be your salvation on the harness. BTW, 20th Street Auto is on 40th Street just north of the I-10

Have you given a call to 20th Street Auto yet? Corvette graveyard over there, might be your salvation on the harness. BTW, 20th Street Auto is on 40th Street just north of the I-10

They have plenty of C5 no C6 Thanks, Mr Bud

Guest badbobs95

If anybody can find it, it would be Bruce @ Corvette Performance Arizona on Scottsdale Rd. 480-921-1200 Posted Image

If anybody can find it, it would be Bruce @ Corvette Performance Arizona on Scottsdale Rd. 480-921-1200 Posted Image

Made a call and Bruce is on the trail. Thanks Mr. Bud

If you need another hand let me know I love playing with things like this esp electrical. Hints the V6 MR2 Swap in my sig. Some of us like projects, I bought 2 and have been enjoying them although the Vette did kinda take over... the MR2 just sits mostly now I need to get back on it and really finish the little stuff and daily drive it for awhile. But my Vette had quite a few fun issues now its down to some nit pick things and a tick that comes and goes. And getting the tune dialed in, but thats more of a learning curve at this point... keep watching the mail for some DVD's. Either way I look forward to seeing this happen, should be a fun project.

If you need another hand let me know I love playing with things like this esp electrical. Hints the V6 MR2 Swap in my sig.

Some of us like projects, I bought 2 and have been enjoying them although the Vette did kinda take over... the MR2 just sits mostly now I need to get back on it and really finish the little stuff and daily drive it for awhile.

But my Vette had quite a few fun issues now its down to some nit pick things and a tick that comes and goes. And getting the tune dialed in, but thats more of a learning curve at this point... keep watching the mail for some DVD's.

Either way I look forward to seeing this happen, should be a fun project.

I would welcome any help and to learn from your experience, even from a p.i.t.a. A 1st hand look and brainstorming will prove to be a +