NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Flood Damage Revival

gnemack

post-1728-008166500 1324843068_thumb.jpgMerry Christmas to all!! Dash is ready to come out. I managed to get this far without a shop manual, with a lot of looking around, it is not so bad. Dinner is in the oven so no more Corvette until tomorrow. :wave3:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gnemack

• Bigfoot

• ChadC

• Two Fangs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today lots of progress after one hour work. :partydance: can only work sparingly as I am disabled with the big "C" among other ailments from my service in Viet Nam Agent Orange exposure while I was fighting for your freedom. If I can do this ,why can't

post-1728-010480600 1324511531_thumb.jpg you?

Thank you for your service.

When you get your vette moving let's cruise to your favorite lunch spot for food and lots of drinks on me. We will bring Marco with us as designated driver.

Guest Sidewinder

Today lots of progress after one hour work. :partydance: can only work sparingly as I am disabled with the big "C" among other ailments from my service in Viet Nam Agent Orange exposure while I was fighting for your freedom. If I can do this ,why can't

When you get your vette moving let's cruise to your favorite lunch spot for food and lots of drinks on me. We will bring Marco with us as designated driver.

I'm in!

You have some mad skills tearing stuff apart...your reassembly skills still to be determined...but your pointing skills suck. :lol

You have some mad skills tearing stuff apart...your reassembly skills still to be determined...but your pointing skills suck. :lol

Nothing is torn or broken it is all disassembled. pointing?? For me the only pointing is to the car. With moderate car skills you can take apart any car... Remember force= broken parts. I had my 1st car a 49 Ford at 12 years of age and like most anything mechanical

I had to take it apart to see what makes it work. I have found other discussions on taking this car apart with pointing. I found the pointing is very limited to the bolts that need to be removed but lack where they can be found. If it is not coming apart look for what is holding it in. Like I stated I have NOT looked for help with a shop manual. The manual usually tells the long way when short cuts can safely be done. You guys working at dealers know what I mean. It is just nuts and bolts with a few plastic "christmas trees holding things together.So if I suck so be it :partydance:

Yes, anyone can tear stuff apart...I've been known to do a little of that myself...whether I know how it works/goes together or not...I'll figure it out.

The pointing is an ACE quirk...look at some of the other threads and you'll get the gist of it. :lol

Here, click this link to see Ted and his awesome pointing skills when they did an HID conversion.

I got the pointing skills one too on my rebuild, I just forget though... If you ever need a spare hand so you can relax I am sure I am not the only one willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, anyone can tear stuff apart...I've been known to do a little of that myself...whether I know how it works/goes together or not...I'll figure it out.

The pointing is an ACE quirk...look at some of the other threads and you'll get the gist of it. :lol

Here, click this link to see Ted and his awesome pointing skills when they did an HID conversion.

Is this pointing like the Wave to other Corvetts going down the road? I find it is not consistent to get a return wave. I could state many reasons why this does not work. What does work is a flash of the headlights. This is the custom back east and always worked. the only wave was to fellow MC riders when on a motorcycle. Ok I am a non conformist.

Mr Bud

Guest badbobs95

Marco??? Now that's a GREAT idea.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:banannarainbow: The old harness is out. had to cut it out it was not a willing participant :banghead With the help of my son the new harness is now in place waiting for connection to the car. This is a 2 man job I would have never gotten it in place by myself. A couple of more days should have everything in place and ready to test. My son suggested a test before I put in the dash and button everything up. I knew having children was a good idea :rolleyes Well if no other surprises come up I may soon be finished and running. I need all the good luck you can give. Mr Bud :wave3:

Even the new harness has to be repaired :tontopallus: the data link had a broken wire at the connector so here I am splicing a new harness, you cannot get much for 2k from the Generalpost-1728-093790000 1326424635.jpg

post-1728-077306600 1326424663.jpg

Go get 'em kid! :thumbs

...said the man with no pants...

Now that I am mod, so many more of these obscure posts make sense, LOL

You make it sound like we have secret discussions.

Back on topic, I'm disturbed a factory wiring harness would be broken and require repair. Where did you get it?

Oh, that hurt a little. :funnypost:

Oh, that hurt a little. :funnypost:

3 weeks later....

You make it sound like we have secret discussions.

Back on topic, I'm disturbed a factory wiring harness would be broken and require repair. Where did you get it?

It came from Florida I am told it was the only one to be had. Splicing the harness is the last thing I wanted to do. Note the main harness is not the only harness. The hvac harness to the mode control is separate :( ask me how i found out, more spliced wires.

• 3 weeks later...