7th Annual Historic Prescott Corvette Car Show

wickedfastvette

Just counted the awards won by ACEholes, 9 including the club award. Fast Glass had 10. We will get them next year!!

Yep, but we'll really need to step it up. They apparently weren't happy with our great showing and may also make an extra effort next year!

That's true, but we have a much larger group of potential participants then they do. We also have many more special cars then they do. Every one of their cars that are close to being car show quality were there this week. We have a lot of car show quality cars that were not there. Hell, even badbob won!!!!

Just counted the awards won by ACEholes, 9 including the club award. Fast Glass had 10. We will get them next year!!

Yep, but we'll really need to step it up. They apparently weren't happy with our great showing and may also make an extra effort next year!

That's true, but we have a much larger group of potential participants then they do. We also have many more special cars then they do. Every one of their cars that are close to being car show quality were there this week. We have a lot of car show quality cars that were not there. Hell, even badbob won!!!!

. . .true, dat. Also, we have an entire year to make our cars MORE special! :bannana4:

coconut girl

Nice job on the car show slide show. I saw lots of Aceholes.

I also had a great time. Even saw a lot of my Prescott friends I have not seen in a while.

The trip to Yarnell on Sunday was an experience. Over 100 cars.

The Granite Mt Hot Shot diesel truck lead the way. The Prescott Police stopped traffic for us all the way out of town.

I thought for sure it would be a slow trip down White Spar but the kid driving that Hot Shot truck hauled ass!

We had a continuous line of over 100 Vettes all the way to Yarnell. The line was probably over 3 miles long.

There were all kinds of people out on the side of the road waving at us.

When we got to Yarnell the Hot Shot truck took all the Vettes thru one of the neighborhoods on the south west side that burnt down.

Really sad. It brought it all back to why we were really there.

I have never seen so many people in Yarnell.

I was just notified by Prescott Vette Set that I actually tied for 3rd place in the C6 Wide Body Stock catagorie. YEA ME!!!! Trophy is in the mail.

Way to go Donna! Congrats!

Guest badbobs95

I was just notified by Prescott Vette Set that I actually tied for 3rd place in the C6 Wide Body Stock catagorie. YEA ME!!!! Trophy is in the mail.

Way to go Donna! Congrats!

You go girl!! Maybe it won because it still looks like it did the day you bought it! Perfect.

:bananaparty::bananaparty:

. . .true, dat. Also, we have an entire year to make our cars MORE special! :bannana4:

I'd like to point out just one more thing about the awards given out. If you look at the list of winners on their website, you will notice that there was only one car entered in the C6 Custom class (not the wide body C6 custom class). At the show I couldn't even find that car. I know that ACE has several cars that could have been in that class and won. Something to remember for next year!!

You guys did an awesome job this year! Hope to see you back stronger than ever next year... :gun1:

Congrats!

Lyn

Posted Image2073.jpg

I missed out in the Picture Bummer...

Good seeing you again Brian! Nice burn out in the Costco parking lot!

Thanks!!! I like to have a little fun once in awhile it's good for the soul.

I'd like to point out just one more thing about the awards given out. If you look at the list of winners on their website, you will notice that there was only one car entered in the C6 Custom class (not the wide body C6 custom class). At the show I couldn't even find that car. I know that ACE has several cars that could have been in that class and won. Something to remember for next year!!

Yes. I have already been repeatedly flogged by my closest ACE friends for not putting my C6 in the Custom class. I will remedy that error next year. In the meantime, thinking about what 'additions' I may want to make before then. . .

Yes. I have already been repeatedly flogged by my closest ACE friends for not putting my C6 in the Custom class. I will remedy that error next year. In the meantime, thinking about what 'additions' I may want to make before then. . .

nah, you had it in the right class (I think), unless you plan on doing a bunch of under-hood bring bring I think you should stick with stock class.

I'm a man possessed now, I will put my car in the show and shame the flock into entering next year in order to crush the ACE naysayers. Next year we need 40 cars

• Downvote 1

nah, you had it in the right class (I think), unless you plan on doing a bunch of under-hood bring bring I think you should stick with stock class.

That is the main problem with shows like this one that has stock and modified, or even custom classes. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get an answer from NCCC on what the rules are for determining how these classifications are to be applied. NCCC does have a set of rules for making those determination for "concourse judging" events, but they don't care about non-concourse shows like virtually all the shows here in AZ. They told me that it is up to the club running the show as to how to separate the stock cars from the modified cars as was the case in Prescott. As a result you have cars that are often in the wrong class and the clubs running the shows rarely move a car from stock to modified or vice versa. For example, last weekend there was a C4 in the stock class that usually is in the modified or custom class. The owner decided he would have a better chance in the stock class and no one objected. So if you have a few modifications to your car, at shows like Prescott you can usually put your car in stock or modified and no one will object. Hope this wasn't too boring!

• Upvote 1

wickedfastvette

I think the rules said something like 5 or more modifications to the car would make it custom, but that was a couple years ago when I actually read the rules lol.

And the real question is what is a "modification". Some people argue that no matter how much "bling" you put on your engine or under your hood, that is just one modification, not one modification for each piece of bling. Using that interpretation, C4orce2 has only 5 modifications: interior; paint; engine; wheels; and exhaust. I've had several people tell me that I should put it in the stock class since I do not have any major body modifications. Using the NCCC rules for concourse judged events, I quit counting at 47 modifications. I try and be fair and always put C4orce2 in modified or custom classes since about the only thing stock on it is the steering wheel. Having said that, clubs or individuals who constantly try putting modified cars in the stock classes are frowned upon by car show nuts like me. But that just my opinion!

Having been involved with the Porsche shows for many years I find it interesting in the corvette shows,( Porsche Stock is stock), modified means even a wheel change. With the corvettes it seems you can do anything in the stock class.

With the Porsche people even in a Wash and Shine Class they deduct points for even the slights mod.

Corvette are more often modified than probably any car in the World.

wickedfastvette

And the real question is what is a "modification". Some people argue that no matter how much "bling" you put on your engine or under your hood, that is just one modification, not one modification for each piece of bling. Using that interpretation, C4orce2 has only 5 modifications: interior; paint; engine; wheels; and exhaust. I've had several people tell me that I should put it in the stock class since I do not have any major body modifications. Using the NCCC rules for concourse judged events, I quit counting at 47 modifications. I try and be fair and always put C4orce2 in modified or custom classes since about the only thing stock on it is the steering wheel. Having said that, clubs or individuals who constantly try putting modified cars in the stock classes are frowned upon by car show nuts like me. But that just my opinion!

:werd: I agree I think if you have changed even the appearance of the car it has now become custom.

So am I in the stock class?

I used all stock factory parts, fenders, rims, intake, exhaust, paint... the only true mods are a tune and a machined aluminum oil filler cap !

So am I in the stock class?

I used all stock factory parts, fenders, rims, intake, exhaust, paint... the only true mods are a tune and a machined aluminum oil filler cap !

It would be my guess that your car is modified or custom (usually stock is up to 4 mods, 5-10 mods put you in the modified class, and over 10 puts you in the custom class, if all three classes exist). If I recall correctly you have at least two or three body mods, after market wheels and exhaust, maybe lowered, and perhaps some bling under the hood or changes in the interior. I do not think any deer fur on the front of your car would count as a mod! I've seen cars with less mods than yours in the modified or custom classes and cars with more mods than yours in the stock classes, so who knows. I do know that if you go to the Sweetheart show in February and go for the concourse judged classes, you will be in the modified or custom class. For those classes DCA (the club that puts on that show) does use the NCCC rules to determine how the cars should be treated. If you do that, deer fur on the front of your car would count against you, so drive carefully between now and then, and I do not believe they deduct points for ORANGE cars, at least not yet!! Again, just my opinion for what its worth.

Guest badbobs95

It really is confusing! I heard five mods was the dividing line. Well, I have rear fenders, hood, wheels, and exhaust, that's four. The rest is pretty much stock, so I put mine in Stock. But in appearance, she's anything but stock. I hope it stays this way because I don't want to go up against "The Grape Ape" ever!!! :hang:

Bob, Cherye beat the ape, you should fear the female....

I do not believe they deduct points for ORANGE cars, at least not yet!! Again, just my opinion for what its worth.

Well ain't that cool?

I tried a couple of show years ago, I always thought it sucked to park and sit all day, but then no one would be my friend back then, now I have you guys to hang around with... (if you still won't be my friend I will delete your account...!!!)

Question for those of you that parked under the trees like I did. Was out cleaning the turd this morning and felt some very small bumps on the paint and glass. It wiped off easy but I know it wasn't there before the show. Maybe some tree pee got on it. Anyone else run into this or did someone actually pee on my car?

Question for those of you that parked under the trees like I did. Was out cleaning the turd this morning and felt some very small bumps on the paint and glass. It wiped off easy but I know it wasn't there before the show. Maybe some tree pee got on it. Anyone else run into this or did someone actually pee on my car?

Yes, felt the same Sunday morning, so I immediately washed and waxed. Had to be the trees. Did not get behind anyone throwing coolant or anything else.

Ok, so I'm not the only one. Don't know if that's good or bad. Hope y'all get yours cleaned up.

On a side note, y'all are way to generous with your praise for Grape. Just a car with a couple mods. But Thanks anyway. Appreciated very much. I will let him know.

• Downvote 1

JLs Mistress

Ok, so I'm not the only one. Don't know if that's good or bad. Hope y'all get yours cleaned up.

On a side note, y'all are way to generous with your praise for Grape. Just a car with a couple mods. But Thanks anyway. Appreciated very much. I will let him know.

That's like saying the Bible is just a book....