NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE fun AutoX, April 7th

Desertdawg

Thanks Dawg! Had an outstanding time and enjoyed seeing the Aceholes again. Jerry and I made it back to Ajo without incident. Well almost. The drivers seat that was set all the way forward for Francy and will not go back so I could not have run a few laps if my life depended on it. Francy is heart broken over the fact she will have to do all the vette driving until I get it fixed. Thanks also for letting me hitch a ride with you. I was at ease with it as I just was confident you knew the limits of your c6. It was great. However, later when you did a 360 I am now wondering about that. :yourock: Stay safe,Jack Got the seat back. Bad wire connection somewhere. Maby LPM can fix it for good.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• alludc

• TheCMSH

This event was a blast. I had a great time and its nice to meet ya fellas! Sorry i had to leave early, i had visitors coming from out of town. Thanks Dawg! :thumbs

Glad you enjoyed it! I haven't done an event I've regretted...

Border Vette

Thanks Dawg and anyone else that helped out. This was our first AutoX and we had an awesome time! I know I wasn't the fastest but I think the old C4 did pretty well for being 100% stock. Thanks again and we will have some pics posted soon! Jerry and Kelly

had a great time and learned more about roxxane. .. plus teh bird strike was rather interesting.

Thanks Dawg, Dawglovr, and the Aceholers. We had a great time!!! :willy:willy:party Dale... member of the camaro drift club. :burnout

Sounds like ya'll had a great time ...... I know I'm a Posted Image for not making it out there this year .... had a really full plate today (( I;m retired ya know )) Posted Image

Thanks Dawg for putting this together again ..... look forward to next year ....

looking for lots of pix and vids !!!!! Posted Image

Hope you guys had a blast. I ended up being invited to run with PCA ( Porsche Club of America ) in their auto-x event today. They have their own type of format. You start with a warmup lap (80%or so) and then you run 3 consecutive timed laps. It was a nice change of pace from the standard autox format, and we had a blast just as it seems you all did. Heres a couple videos to compare what I did, to what you did. ANY of you who had a blast today and want to do it again, next Sat at Firebird is our SCCA event, and then on Sunday we go to Marana airport (WOW what a great site, its huge and grippy) for another SCCA event. Also, at the end of the month, Thunder Vette Set is puttin on an all vette autox @ Sierra Vista airport which is hands down the best autox site in AZ and 80mph speeds are easily achieved on their long courses. Enjoy the vids.

Thank you very much Dawg for a totally awesome day of pavement shredding :3gears:. That was my first AutoX and i'm sold. Put me down for the next one for sure.:ACE:

.. plus teh bird strike was rather interesting.

That of which Cahd speaks. . .

Posted Image

Why does Chad always hit something at the AutoX? Looks like the same side also. Excellant finger pointing.

I'm so happy everyone had fun, 10 to 20 runs on average per person in what? 4 hours or so before we were wore out and people started heading home...

None of them other groups running around cones can top that, plus we get the Fbody smoke show too :lol

Thanks to all those that donated a little extra, Jammye says " close enough " .... The Bill is PAYED !!!!!

A special HUGE Thanks to Ken from Bulletproofdiesel.com/ for his very generous donation... Those involved yesterday please take the time to say thanks to Ken when you see him or more importantly visit his website and use his business if you can.....

We also had.a beautiful ZR1 show up, sign up and make some runs. Looks like he joined ACE this morning too

We also had.a beautiful ZR1 show up, sign up and make some runs. Looks like he joined ACE this morning too

That is a seriously sexy car, it made me feel happy in my pants

Border Vette

That is a seriously sexy car, it made me feel happy in my pants

You can say that again! :rockon2:

joe@cpr.com

Good times for sure. Was nice to meet a lot of you. I don't get to attend many events as I'm a student with two bartending jobs. But I had a great time!

I'm so happy everyone had fun, 10 to 20 runs on average per person in what? 4 hours or so before we were wore out and people started heading home...

None of them other groups running around cones can top that, plus we get the Fbody smoke show too :lol

Thanks to all those that donated a little extra, Jammye says " close enough " .... The Bill is PAYED !!!!!

A special HUGE Thanks to Ken from Bulletproofdiesel.com/ for his very generous donation... Those involved yesterday please take the time to say thanks to Ken when you see him or more importantly visit his website and use his business if you can.....

What????? No Ford logo?? :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

A little background info on Ken please. I saw him and his truck...but have no idea what he was doing there. I say thank you because our turnout was so low though. :clap:thumbs

A HUGE thank you to Dawg & family for putting on a fabulous event, and a very large thank you to Donna & Ken for your contribution/hospitality to the event! You all ROCK!

A little background info on Ken please. I saw him and his truck...but have no idea what he was doing there. I say thank you because our turnout was so low though. :clap:thumbs

Ken is Donna's boyfriend, at the end of the day they came over and handed me a really generous amount of money to help with the cost, plus Ken played cone hauler while we set up the track first thing in the morning as well as time keeper with Donna all morning.

I think he deserves a couple of plugs on ACE.... No ferd logos, but I see where I can sneak in his link where I can.

Everyone please thank Donna too, she spent the whole day working the timing for us, her Ken and the other guy sitting there (sorry I didn't get his name)...

Yes, yes yes...BIG thank you to Donna, Ken and the "boy." :lol Did not put the driver of the truck and Donna together. Some reason I thought he and Donna's guy were two different people. Actually thought he was with Firebird for some reason. Me = :crazy: They were huge help and man that was REALLY nice of him to donate like that. :clap :clap :clap

Sorry I couldn't make this one. Glad to hear everyone had a fun and safe event :thumbs

wickedfastvette

Missed doing AutoX this year, was so bummed I couldn't make it, but family has to come first, Ken and Donna you guys are awesome for donating your time and Dwayne and Jaymie you both are great too, I hope we get to do it again next year, and just for the record even though I didn't make it, I still paid, Please do it again next year!

Yep, Cherye, donated, Meatyshells didn't make it so I'm guessing that thier payment is now a donation too...

Plus a few other members donated a little extra to help, like I said above the money was close enough that Jammye isn't mad

Thank you all for coming out or just donating, we missed you regulars, and it sounded like everyone had a blast, even the first timers....

For those looking for the times we ran CLICK HERE!!!