NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE fun AutoX, April 7th

Desertdawg

maps there are hard to find, goto the events tab, then most are in the 2010 season there are only 2 or 3 in the other seasons, click on each event and look for course map link.

I want everyone to remember that orange cones have feelings, please avoid them this coming weekend....

Posted Image

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• alludc

• TheCMSH

maps there are hard to find, goto the events tab, then most are in the 2010 season there are only 2 or 3 in the other seasons, click on each event and look for course map link.

I want everyone to remember that orange cones have feelings, please avoid them this coming weekend....

Posted Image

I finally figured out what possessed you to buy an orange vette: its so when you run over some of the orange cones you can't see the marks on your car!!lol :smilelol

I finally figured out what possessed you to buy an orange vette: its so when you run over some of the orange cones you can't see the marks on your car!!lol :smilelol

I don't see your reply saying your attending? That C4 with the fancy smansy LS3hotcam should come out and play..... Posted Image

Die foul cones, DIE! ! !

New rule, if you run 'em down you hafta stand 'em back up!

Dawg's lame response to my post above: "I don't see your reply saying your attending? That C4 with the fancy smansy LS3hotcam should come out and play..... " Well let's see Dawg. I can either go to an all corvette car show and probably do fairly well in the C4 class, or come out and get embarrassed at the AutoX; tough choice. For the sake of your little orange friends, I think I'll go to the show. :cool

Embarrassed? I bet you drive home with a smile twice as wide than you would get after sitting all day at a show. Believe me when I say this is a FUN autoX, your times only matter to you. Heck your welcome to run the course as many times as you want with no stop watches running, it's not a compition it's an experience!!!

Embarrassed?

I bet you drive home with a smile twice as wide than you would get after sitting all day at a show.

Believe me when I say this is a FUN autoX, your times only matter to you. Heck your welcome to run the course as many times as you want with no stop watches running, it's not a compition it's an experience!!!

^^^^This^^^^ Hell, just tell them at the line you don't want time recorded. Believe me, having taken shifts as a timer previously its just one less car to try and juggle.

It's just to fun NOT to do Larry, c'mon, come out a play!

Sorry guys, no can do this one. Besides, someone needs to represent ACE at the car shows. I go to one almost every weekend and probably tell 6-12 guys about ACE at each show. I'm sure at some point I'll get tried of sitting a car shows and spend some more money to beef up my suspension, drive train, etc., to match the engine. At that time, I'll start going to these events. Hope you all have a great time and try to keep Dawg off his little orange buddies!

I love the smell of burning cones on the headers.

Cooked cone, it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Oh this is going to be a fun day :LolLol:

Hey... is anyone who is coming to the auto - X familliar with how to remove and put back in the shroud that goes around the buttons to the left and right of the steering wheel and frames the gauge cluster? I will pay someone who knows how to do it to re attach mine. I was told it is only held in with clips but am afraid I will make matters worse if I try it myself. PM me if you can help me out with this at the autocross. Thanks

Hey... is anyone who is coming to the auto - X familliar with how to remove and put back in the shroud that goes around the buttons to the left and right of the steering wheel and frames the gauge cluster?

I will pay someone who knows how to do it to re attach mine. I was told it is only held in with clips but am afraid I will make matters worse if I try it myself. PM me if you can help me out with this at the autocross.

Thanks

I don't know about a C6, but on a C5 they are part of the gauge cluster and can't be removed without taking the whole cluster out.

is anyone who is coming to the auto - X familliar with how to remove and put back in the shroud that goes around the buttons to the left and right of the steering wheel and frames the gauge cluster?

Thanks

1. Lower the steering column to its lowest position.

2. Pull outward on the lower edge of the trim panel in order to release the lower clips. (Qty: 6)

3. Disconnect the electrical connections.

My roommate wants to run his GTO. Is that OK as long as he PayPals? I'm not sure if he' an ACE member or not.

Let him run your vette :lol ..... He's welcome to come play!

Let him run your vette :lol ..... He's welcome to come play!

Haha he wouldn't even drive it to work the other day even though it was offered to him!

So would you prefer PayPal or cash on the day of the event?

I just sent my $$$ via PayPal,

:ACE:

Got it :thumbs

I might need to borrow a Passenger helmet, but not sure...? Anyone got one out there?

This has now been coming up, so I plan on buying one, but haven't as of, yet.

is anyone who is coming to the auto - X familliar with how to remove and put back in the shroud that goes around the buttons to the left and right of the steering wheel and frames the gauge cluster?

Thanks

1. Lower the steering column to its lowest position.

2. Pull outward on the lower edge of the trim panel in order to release the lower clips. (Qty: 6)

3. Disconnect the electrical connections.

THANK YOU for this!! I am going to see if I can fix it myself without breaking anything. If it all goes terribly wrong, then I will be bringing the car your way and get it fixed. This is thought of a a trim piece so probably not covered by GMPP. If I do need some professional help (no jokes from the peanut gallery, thank you) what am I looking at costwise? Ballpark number is good and you can PM me so I am not hijacking this thread.

you can PM me so I am not hijacking this thread.

Done!

......And Now Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Program