NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE fun AutoX, April 7th

Desertdawg

Suggestions for course features? I'll put in any that I can.

I think given the size of the course, that one small pond, a couple of bunkers, maybe two or three sand traps, and the always required windmill, would be sufficient.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• alludc

• TheCMSH

I'm going to make a special section just for you Tom, make sure you install some mud flaps, your going to need them...

Must have a chicane.... An easy one on the "circle", but maybe a "more difficult" one that you could skip if you wanted to (I think there was a section last year that started to get skipped occasionally by that same reason...).

Posted Image

..I cannot add anything more that what has been said already.

I think you had too much ballast starboard, just saying.......

Posted Image

That would be port.

Posted Image

That would be port.

You beat me to it. Remember port and left both have four letters.

No, he meant starboard. He had some extra tonage in the right hand seat that probably helped create that intial excess yaw. :lol

No, he meant starboard. He had some extra tonage in the right hand seat that probably helped create that intial excess yaw. :lol

:agree:smilelol

^^^^yeah this^^^^^ :smilelol

Must have a chicane.... An easy one on the "circle", but maybe a "more difficult" one that you could skip if you wanted to (I think there was a section last year that started to get skipped occasionally by that same reason...).

Last year everyone was skipping the salalom at the end, I was thinking of using the first years start and first sweeper again. Start line was a small 180 right turn then a sharp left to the straight along the north fence followed by a decreasing radious left. After building a little speed the sweeper was tuff because you wanted to carry the speed as far as possible but had to modulate braking with the decreasing radious to make the next section.

I'm also going to try to make it a little tighter to get longer run times, at least trying to get the fastest over a minute...

that is correct

notice I have purposely ignored you guys? we all know it was Chads spaz throttle input.....

hey dawg, when is the deadline for payment and such???

Day of the event, just bring your entry fee with you :thumbs

hey dawg, when is the deadline for payment and such???

Day of the event, just bring your entry fee with you :thumbs

ok. right now I'm a maybe. I'm going down to discount cab to finish the paperwork to start training tomorrow. will be working on friday. I'll let you know midweek if I'm going.

You can change people's tag line... Too bad you can't change their avatar...

Posted Image

fyi on the azsolo forum you can look up "course map" and have lots of options that have already been done there that have safety in mind when designed and you can tweak them to your liking. theres at least 20 searchable maps from that lot

I'm all excited right and can't wait for this the 7th. Just had a slow leak fixed on my left rear new tire (o-ring on TPMS) was bad. New tires hold really well. Cant wait to push them around those tight corners.

So as of yesterday afternon the contract has been signed and the remaining fees paid.... Let's kill some cones !!!!

theres at least 20 searchable maps from that lot

Way ahead of you....