NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE fun AutoX, April 7th

Desertdawg

FYI bulletproofdiesel builds parts to make a 6.0 powerstroke actually live the life it should have... if someone other than Furd built it. Their egr and oil cooler kits should be mandatory Thanks Donna and Ken!!! :yourock:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• alludc

• TheCMSH

A big thank you to all the folks who made this event possible I know I had a blast again this year. I do want to make a "public service announcement" about excessive tire wear attending these events.

I bought new set of rear tires last Friday and they had a 30,000 mile warranty. Needless to say I am little disappointed they only made it 197 miles :(

Well they were fun while they lasted.

Bought Friday the 6th.

Posted Image

Current Mileage

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He was having fun.... How long would he get to play on Sunday for $30 ???

I didnt say anything duhwayne

I didnt say anything duhwayne

You know we can see the deleted stuff, right?

so, are you a 'drifter'

It was a legitement question, would that type of FUN be allowed on Sunday?

actually, it wasnt a question...i already knew the answer. hes not. So Im wondering what you are tryin to do here D? I didnt try to make your event sound "not fun" on the board, but your tone suggests that you are saying our organized autox events arent fun enough for your ace members.

Here. let me start again....

you:

so, are you a 'drifter', or were u just having fun/blowing money?

me:

You compared the upcoming Sunday event to mine, saying:

ANY of you who had a blast today and want to do it again, next Sat at Firebird is ...........

ok dwayne, you are the king. you had teh best event to ever grace firebird ever. champagne and hookers fell from the sky the day you booked this event. the answer to the question you asked and knew the answer to is.... he would have TONS of fun at a scca event, just not the smokeshow kind of fun. I know you have a problem with authority, and rules, and safety requirements ( I know this for a fact since you turned down my $1750 offer to bring 25 ACC Cars) but believe it or not theres tons of fun to be had at an event that was not created by you. maybe I should have phrased my earlier quote different.... for those of you who had a blast AUTOXing this week, and want to get better at autoxing and better at driving while having a great time, come out to firebird for a SCCA Autocross.

Did someone shit on your donut this morning?

I personally invited you to come play, practice, instruct. you said you heard we play Dukes of Hazzard, throwing safety out the window,

I will refund the $70 to anyone that felt unsafe, or endangered during the ACE autoX.

All I wanted to do was play, no PAX scores, no limits on the number of runs, no classing of different cars or tires or mods. SCCA/AzSoloII shuned my ideas years ago because you can't just drive without it counting towards something.

You post plugs for the upcoming SCCA events in my thread, so I asked a pointed question to better inform anyone thinking of going about your rules, I didn't even get into the 1000 runs comment you made. You should tell them to expect 3 or 4 runs in the morning group and the same in the afternoon group.

Don't ask for a ride along because it's cheating by seeing/reviewing the course to better yourself, and most of those that might be able to teach you anything won't let you ride because the added weight will slow them down in thier scores.....

Like I told you, I tried AzSolo, 2 years worth and never once during those two years did I learn as much as I have at our 3 ACE events....

To bad you couldn't lower your standards and come out and have fun with us.

( I know this for a fact since you turned down my $1750 offer to bring 25 ACC Cars)

nice edit, please post your rule book that we would have to conform too.

so you are just being a dick to be a dick? fair enough. the point is, I didnt shit on your parade and tell people anyone can go find somewhere to drive like an ass for a day. I also offered to help you (yes with rules) when you seemed like you were going to be in a financial bind. For the sake of those who wanted to play, I wanted to make sure you had an option in case all else failed. SO sorry I offered to help your hardheaded self. it wasnt about me having an extra autox day. I autox almost every wkd. yes, my thoughts on autox and yours are very different. and im sure some of ace would share my thoughts and some would share yours. sure, we will only run 4-8 times at mine...but I guarantee someone will learn 10x about their car at one of the scca events than at the drift show. novices are welcome to get instructor drives in their own cars or in one of ours, not sure where you got that from. we even have an instructor series at all of our events so that those who are best at teaching can teach without being penalized for the extra ballast of a passenger. I deleted my comment to the TA guy because the comment wasnt worth what its original intention was. you brought it back up. I chose to not be a dick after I posted it, so i deleted it. that should be fairly obvious. Rule book??? hmm, we have to have timing lights. we have to give trophies. we have to wear helmets. we have to build a course with saftey in mind and far enough from fences and poles that no one can smoosh their red c6.

A little background info on Ken please.

Ken is the keeper of the BANANA!!!!!

The section and gate that Chad lost it in was a copy/paste from an SCCA map I obtained online years ago, the actual gate was about 20 feet inside the 25 foot to an obsticle limit that everybody uses/requires, the actual turn was from a direction pointing towards the middle of the tarmac to parallel to the fence. Chad slid at least 50 yards before impact. This was also the only slide on that portion of the course the whole day. Your an Asshole for using that as your example without the facts.