• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Scratch

What a turnout - Great to see so many VETTES in one place and no one donated to the state. (I hope) Dwayne did a fantastic job pulling this together and thanks to all that helped. How big will next year be???? Chuck

POOR JACK!!!!!!!!! He got pulled over on the 85 by an SUV Sherrif. :(

That sherrif came zooming in behind me and I was still doing 86 when I saw him, he must have had Jack on the mind, because when I moved left he took off and left me. Wish I would have had Jack's cell to try and warn him. :(

How bad did he nail you Jack? Sorry bud.

Prolly would not have happened if not for some jackhole going 60 mph in a 65 for a good long way without a passing zone. I know I was getting fed up with him.

No worries sean...... It kinda went like this, "do you know why I pulled you over sir? My reply, "I guess I was going a little to fast." Oh Yeah how fast were you going he asked. Well....... 75-80 when I looked down at the speedometer when I noticed you. So then he asked well what about before that? He says my speedo only goes up to 100mph and it took my eight miles to catch up to you! I dunno I told him. My valentine 1 never went off. Then he tried giving me some bull about improper lane changes and passing on the right as I explained that damn semi cut me off..... So to make a long story short I forgot to put the new insurance card in my car and so he wrote me a "no insurance" and sent me on my way. All I need to do is show proof and it goes away!

PHEW!!!! GOOD NEWS. :thumbs Guess he could not write you up for what he did not know. :smilelol Sounds like your "I dunno" was a good thing. :thumbs

Yeah, that one semi was a dumbass from hell. :devil

Still, good thing he did not run his radar on you, or us. :lol I had just got done going by the one semi and slowed down to 80ish when I noticed him.

Thanks Dwayne for the great food and company.Didn't talk to many people but really had a good time. So much eye-candy there...good turnout. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs I had the typical boring ride back to Yuma and DPS was really working I-8 once I got into Yuma (radar detector was singing) but did manage to blow off a Mustang that thought he was fast (after we passed the DPS car that had pulled someone over). :lol:lol:lol

Tom

Thank you a ton Dawg and a heartfelt hug and thanks to Jammye also for all the work you all put into this most excellent shin dig!!! Glad to hear there were no major tickets written also, Good one Jack!!! Had a blast!!!

Wow what a great group. To the host of this even, thank you very much for doing this. It was a great time. I did not go around and meet the ones that I did not know. After being up for like 30 hours straight just was not feeling like super man. So left early, but no ticket on the way back. I did nod off a couple of times, I waas luck to make it back home in one piece. Dwayne hope you enjoy your book.

Jack so glad you did not get a big ticket. That would be the pits. :thumbs

Guest Sidewinder
Hey, tanya decided to ditch school. We are on our way right now to help with the setup and buns and salsa and chit. LATER! .

Hey I didn't write this?

Hi Duane,

I wanted to just say thank you to you and all that helped put this event on, Susan and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you. My hats off to you, what a turn out !!!! :thumbs

Shoooeeee!!! that was a great time!

Thanks to Dwayne & Jammye for setting up the big event of the year (as usual). Great food! :clap

and thanks to Tanya for supplying her buns...er...the buns. :clap

and thanks to Chad and Mark and Tanya for setting up the grub! :clap

And a big thanks to Jayne Harris for bringing her divine 'booze' cakes! Loved the chocolate rum cake :thumbs

Met some new folks, talked to some old friends and saw some great cars! And some soon to be great cars (works in process), too! Gotta love them all.

Hope to see ya'll again soon! :howdy

M~

I got home safe, how about Larry, the guy with electric problems?

:toetap

I got Larry's car runnin', he should be home by now. :thumbs

You da Man... What happened? :D

:D What a great day, and a great event!

Thanks for puttin it all together Dawg an company :cool

I gotta huge kick outta gettin outta Lowe's ahead of Glenn :devil .. *knew* he would blow by at the first opening he got :burnout

..after runnin at 110 or so for a bit (Kathy was asleep :eek ) .. I decided I didn't want to go to jail today after all so I backed the black bullet down a bit.

Was *nice* to see all the toys! Brian's yeller toy is amazin .. I left eyeprints all over it!

Was *great* meetin some of yas an talkin to fellow enthusiasts ..I could do that all day :yesnod

Here's a few pix I took of the day ..

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/1g...=1172364998.pbw

-Frank an Kathy

Guest Sidewinder

Jammye and her husband did an oustanding job!!! Glad to see most of you guys!! Just a small note: If you are in line for food and you look behind you and there is a massive line, try not to get enough food for you and everyone around you! Take SOME and if there is some left, go back for seconds...

Had a BLAST!!! Glad Larzvette got home!!

Thanks.

Robert and Elizabeth

What a turnout - Great to see so many VETTES in one place and no one donated to the state. (I hope) Dwayne did a fantastic job pulling this together and thanks to all that helped. How big will next year be???? Chuck

POOR JACK!!!!!!!!! He got pulled over on the 85 by an SUV Sherrif. :(

That sherrif came zooming in behind me and I was still doing 86 when I saw him, he must have had Jack on the mind, because when I moved left he took off and left me. Wish I would have had Jack's cell to try and warn him. :(

How bad did he nail you Jack? Sorry bud.

Prolly would not have happened if not for some jackhole going 60 mph in a 65 for a good long way without a passing zone. I know I was getting fed up with him.

No worries sean...... It kinda went like this, "do you know why I pulled you over sir? My reply, "I guess I was going a little to fast." Oh Yeah how fast were you going he asked. Well....... 75-80 when I looked down at the speedometer when I noticed you. So then he asked well what about before that? He says my speedo only goes up to 100mph and it took my eight miles to catch up to you! I dunno I told him. My valentine 1 never went off. Then he tried giving me some bull about improper lane changes and passing on the right as I explained that damn semi cut me off..... So to make a long story short I forgot to put the new insurance card in my car and so he wrote me a "no insurance" and sent me on my way. All I need to do is show proof and it goes away!

Yea!!!! We are all so very happy for you!!!! :D :clap

Robert and Elizabeth

Thank you Dwayne and Jammye for such a great ACE get together. The food was awesome and so was the company! We met some great people and look forward to when we can meet some more great people at another ACE event! This is exactly why we love ACE! :thumbs

PS-the drive down was AWESOME!!! YEE HAW!!!!! :D :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5
Thank you a ton Dawg and a heartfelt hug and thanks to Jammye also for all the work you all put into this most excellent shin dig!!!

:agree:clap As always an absolutely wonderful event and job by our Dwayne and Jaymme. I ALWAYS love spending time with you two. I always enjoy spending time with several of you!

Man, all those vettes driving down the street and into the parkinglot was just........ :eek:eek:eek MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Gorgeous cars and I have to say I will be having SWEET dreams about the 1967 LS2 for weeks! It took the cake in my book and just, wow!

I did notice, however, there were a few issues. One was the fact that we had 118 people at the shindig and I noticed several people really "piling" it on through the food line when there was another 60 or so people behind them. I just felt it was kind of disrespectful. Honestly, I wasn't there for the food, just for the fellowship and fun of spending time with everyone. But you all know me and I speak my mind a bit on things. I am just asking that in the future, we all be respectful to everyone else around us.

On another note, I did try to get around and meet a lot of the new faces, but it seemed some people didn't want to have anything to do with meeting the members of ACE. There was a VERY evident sidebar of people not being proactive in the group. And that's where Ill leave it.............

HOWEVER, IT WAS A FANTASTIC TIME!

and

JAMMYE burning rubber into the sunset to confront the Honda Ricer Flyby boy was PRICELESS! MOST EXCELLENT JAMMYE!!!

Jaymme and her husband deserve a huge pat on the back and big hugs for all the hardwork and effort in organizing this event. I know you say you won't do it again next year, but let me know and maybe I can help when you change your mind! LOL.

LATA ALL!

P.S., WE WANT THE PICS OF JOSH DOING BEER BONGS

We had a great time, thanks for the food and everything else. A lot of nice cars there today it deffinatly made the trip from Flagstaff worth it. Cant wait to participate in another event.

it wasn't the VATS????

well what was it - do tell????

Dawg and Jammye:

Thanks for the wonderful time today. You put on a heck of a Corvette event! And that's what it is all about. It was good to be there and see everyone having a good time. Thanks again for all your efforts and can't wait for the next event. It will be even bigger!

Jay and Dianne

Guest Sidewinder

it wasn't the VATS????

well what was it - do tell????

No babies allowed... :lol:lol

Many thanks to Dwayne and Jammye for the great job of getting everyone together and enjoying

a great day. It was nice to meet a lot of you from A.C.E.. Now I can put some faces together with

names. Was not able to meet everyone but will do so in the future. Name tags helped a lot. It was great

seeing all the beautiful cars in one pack. Glad that everything fell into place. Hope everyone made it

home safely. Thanks again everyone,

Bob and Jeanne

Dwayne and Jammye were great hosts. Thanks for having us in your home town. :clap

Also, thanks to all of you that assisted them. Really enjoyed meeting so many fellow Corvette lovers.

We're glad to be associated with A.C.E. :thumbs

Mike & Shirley

Ok, for those of you that know me, you know my thanks are my videos. I was looking at last years

( http://anmracing.phanfare.com/album/195623/271234 ) and saw that we did one row of Vettes. Well we out did ourselves this year. Two rows!!!! Amazing!

Thanks Jaymme and thanks Dwayne! You know we appreciate what you two do for us!

http://anmracing.phanfare.com/album/185681/289773

Dawg, Please let us know if the donations covered everything.

Many thanks to everyone who could make it, it was awesome.

Andrew

Jammye and her husband did an oustanding job!!!

Yeah well it was all worth it, man what a blast today, Both Jammye and I are still smiling and talking about all the great times today.

Thank you all for coming and making it all worth while... :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Andrew, that is one kick azz video... :thumbs