• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Scratch

Please remove me from the tentative list.

I'm gonna make it!

Right on Dewey, it will be good to see ya again!!!

I will be a hung over mofo...this last two weeks...is getting out of my system tonight!

:drinkers Aww-don't tie one on too badly-we'll need ya semi-sober!

Molly & Tracy will be glad to see you again. Oh, and AnM will too!

M~

I just discovered that I may be able to drive down. I wont be able to start out till 10:30 / 11:00 from Tempe. Is there any other late departures from this area? I would like to meet the ACE members and introduce myself, as this would be my first outing.

Wow, this event sounds great. Unfortunately, me and the wife can't make it as it would have been our first chance to participate in a convoy of Vettes. I hope to see pictures posted of what I am sure will be a fantastic day and an unbelievable sight.

11-18-2006012-1.jpg

Added

Susan and Greg from Tucson

Moved

Duane Helton

And added

Harry Canoles (arriving late)

Harry, your best bet would be to head towards the town of Maricopa, then 40 miles west on state route 238 to Gila Bend. should take you just over an hour to get here, we should still be serving food so come on down!!!

About food an stuff there ..if too many show up .. uhh ..

..they do have *food* for sale there in Gila Bend don't they?

I mean .. if there's not enough, I am sure we can call Domino's or some such -evil grin- .. so by all mean .. evah-body can come :)

-Frank (a troublemaker from way back)

No Domino's, but there is the normal McD's, burgerking, tacohell, subway. Plus a couple of sit down restaurants...

I think we should have enough, I have about 70 pounds of meat cooking tonight, and we did 20 pounds of potatoes for potato salad. plus a few other items to go with it all....

Can't wait till everyone gets here!!!!!!

:party:party:party:party:party:party

Guest XLR8TNC5

I wil be leaving to come to Gila Bend around 12:30pm. Anyone having to leave later is welcome to meet me at the Lowe's on Dysart and I-10 at 12:30pm.

See you all later! Im off to class!

Wow!!! I hope someone can get a view of this convoy from above.

If we were in CA, the CHiPs would be able to. :) They use the air to track speeders. (I only know because I and 12 other vettes were caught)

Where is our pilot Michael? That would beat DPS taking pics of us :D

HERE I AM!!!!

I'm leaving from Anthem - where we meet and when???

Went to work yesterday at 7 a.m. Just got home from work at 7:30 A.m. today. No sleep. Wife can not talk and have glands that hurt. So coming by my self... No seep for over 24 hours...I would not be in front of me or behind me either. Seee you all there I hope. :D

No seep for over 24 hours...I would not be in front of me or behind me either.

Seee you all there I hope.

Be cool Mike :ack

Guest racingchester

What a turnout - Great to see so many VETTES in one place and no one donated to the state. (I hope) Dwayne did a fantastic job pulling this together and thanks to all that helped. How big will next year be???? Chuck

What a turnout - Great to see so many VETTES in one place and no one donated to the state. (I hope) Dwayne did a fantastic job pulling this together and thanks to all that helped. How big will next year be???? Chuck

POOR JACK!!!!!!!!! He got pulled over on the 85 by an SUV Sherrif. :(

That sherrif came zooming in behind me and I was still doing 86 when I saw him, he must have had Jack on the mind, because when I moved left he took off and left me. Wish I would have had Jack's cell to try and warn him. :(

How bad did he nail you Jack? Sorry bud.

Prolly would not have happened if not for some jackhole going 60 mph in a 65 for a good long way without a passing zone. I know I was getting fed up with him.

On a brighter note.

DAWG, YOU ARE AWESOME MAN!!! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Great shindig man. And a hearty well done to all those that helped out as well. I don't know who you all are, but I'm sure Dwayne was thankful for anyone that did help. :thumbs

Can't wait to see some photo's since my bonehead forgot the camera sitting next to the puter. :toetap

Great time Dwayne and Jammye!!! Gila Bend is definitely the premier event every year for ACE! :thumbs

Great to see so many new faces. Sorry I didn't get around to meet all of you but enjoyed those of you that I did get to. Hopefully we'll see you at another ACE event soon.

POOR JACK!!!!!!!!! He got pulled over on the 85 by an SUV Sherrif. :(

That sherrif came zooming in behind me and I was still doing 86 when I saw him, he must have had Jack on the mind, because when I moved left he took off and left me. Wish I would have had Jack's cell to try and warn him. :(

How bad did he nail you Jack? Sorry bud.

Prolly would not have happened if not for some jackhole going 60 mph in a 65 for a good long way without a passing zone. I know I was getting fed up with him.

No worries sean...... It kinda went like this, "do you know why I pulled you over sir? My reply, "I guess I was going a little to fast." Oh Yeah how fast were you going he asked. Well....... 75-80 when I looked down at the speedometer when I noticed you. So then he asked well what about before that? He says my speedo only goes up to 100mph and it took my eight miles to catch up to you! I dunno I told him. My valentine 1 never went off. Then he tried giving me some bull about improper lane changes and passing on the right as I explained that damn semi cut me off..... So to make a long story short I forgot to put the new insurance card in my car and so he wrote me a "no insurance" and sent me on my way. All I need to do is show proof and it goes away!

I had a great time I'm glad I got to meet alot of faces....

Dawg great food thanks for the fun.....can't wait tell next year....

I saw jack Pulled over to I was like crap..........But sounds like he got off easy nice job.........

Had alot of fun....