Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Well im no loner a 1/4 mile virgin.

.. AZ power and sound will be getting a lot of my money soon.

14.237 @ 104.179 mph best time

2.381 best 60

.060 best reaction time

I think I have traction issues (among many others).

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

My ET's sucked :banghead ...even for a stock C5. Guess it's time to dig into her and find out why. :bang Even a stock C5 should run faster than what I'm getting. It's an auto, so it's just bury the pedal and go and she is still slow. :toetap

With that said, it was still fun. :thumbs:yesnod

BTW Eddie, nice spin. :smilelol

Tanya, what does "R" stand for? I forget. :smilelol

BTW Eddie, nice spin. :smilelol

Tanya, what does "R" stand for? I forget. :smilelol

Hey, Tanya and I were in charge of the entertainment for this event. Just sorry to hear Brad didn't get mine on video. It would be something to show my grandkids when I have some. :lol

Due to the time needed to cleanup for 3 different cars blowing engines or transmissions, we weren't able to run the bracket race. But I was able to better my numbers to:

Reaction time .150 not my best but the best today

60' 1.920

E.T. 13.590

M.P.H. 104.473

Had a great time running and talking with everyone, lets do it again soon. Robert :burnout

Had a great time running and talking with everyone, lets do it again soon. Robert :burnout

:agree Had a blast, sorry I had to book after just the couple of passes, as it was I was in trouble for staying to "play" too long (*loud cracking whip sound), and I barely got the numbers washed off in time... :devil Sounds like I missed some excitement, did Eddie almost 'bust my helmet's cherry'? :lol What happened? I need details. :toetap

Anyway, best run was the first. Felt like traction was an issue. Gotta practice launching....and take some No Doz for the tree next time! :bang

13.028 @ 105.961

.761 rt

1.94 60ft

Not bad for a 'vert! :cool: The old girl sure sounds happy! :thumbs But I'm with Chad, more mods is a necessary evil after seeing all your bad-ass 'vettes (and Caddy's :chris ) in action today! :thumbs

:burnout

Not a good day for my car. It seemed too hot today on the track. Here are my best for the day.

Reaction: .467

60' : 2.005

E.T. : 12.317

MPH: 118.879

Well im no loner a 1/4 mile virgin.

.. AZ power and sound will be getting a lot of my money soon.

14.237 @ 104.179 mph best time

2.381 best 60

.060 best reaction time

I think I have traction issues (among many others).

Great reaction time Chad, especially for the first time on the track.

Best for me???

I did a minus 235.99----- Thats in $ not seconds :hat

Nice to see everyone there, it was a good turnout ...... :thumbs

I had fun everyone to bad we had those spills, sorry I took off early :D

First and only run, 12.68 at 110 :bs , 60ft at 2.057 :huh and reaction time .073 :thumbs

Still for me it was getting too hot and I need to learn how to do burn outs :devil .

We need to head out there in January when it will be 50 degrees that should help with our times. Later Chad

1st run was a peddle fest that required a 30 minute nerves cool down :willy , Thanks to a red Ford Deisel pick em up truck. :hunter

2nd and last run went a lot better with no added excitement:

RT .412

60 2.16

ET 13.46

MPH 103.83

Now where is that # for AZP&S

Tanya, thanks again for letting Johnnie ride shotgun, yes you said you may have created a monster, but that is one "monster" I WILL take!!!

Steve thanks for putting this together, and your son for pics and vids, WE Had a BLAST!!!

Sean, thanks for the loan of the brain bucket for Johnnie!

PS, Nice lookin tail lights Glenn & Mike! :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

Alrighty, here are my bests for the day.

ET = 12.137

MPH = 114.04

RT = .032

60ft = 1.811

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My worst:

ET=15.719

RT= .626

60'= 5.378

The weirdest part is that my best MPH was on that "REVERSE" run. lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story is as follows:

Stupid girl pulls up to the line, backs up, does a burnout. Pulls forward and stages. Brakes car and gases and car goes through staging lights. Back up into deep stage mode (because the lights had not come down yet) Gas up again and wait for lights to come down. REV it up, tree lights and I gas it. I went BACKWARDS! F*** I was still in Reverse! So, I stop, put it in gear and GO!

Yeah, well, I about died from embarassment! I was thinking, if I had not had the 5.3sec 60 foot, my time would have been an 11.8 run with a 1.8 60ft.... DAMN IT! lol.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda. Im always about entertainment though!

Guest UVETTYA

OMG Tanya, that's some funny stuff right there! :lol

You had some good runs though - for a girl. :leaving Great reaction times and pretty darn good 60 ft times too.

Looks like a bunch of us had mis-que's. I found out that I can turn my engine off at mid track, restart it and still do a 14.66@94 mph. :smilelol That happened because I missed 3rd gear so bad that my hand slipped off the gear shift and hit the dash... turning off the ignition! :eek:lol

The worst part is -- I've done that before! What a dork! :lol I managed to get the key turned back on... waited until the gauges swept, put it in 4th, let the clutch out to restart the engine and then finished the run. :thumbs

I'm really glad no one wrecked or broke, and it looks like you all did pretty good. I didn't have any problems with traction like a few of you and I'm glad nothing too bad happened. I can't wait for the video of Eddie showing off...

Sorry we didn't get to bracket race. There were too many delays while they cleaned up the track or we would have got R done.

Yes, we need to do this again while the temps are low. And for those of you who haven't had your car on a road track yet and think drag racing is fun... you need to save your pennies for the track day at Firebird that the SECC is putting together for January. I'll be there you can bet your bippy. :yesnod

My best run was against Mark and I didn't even know it was him!!

This run I didn't kill the motor in the burnbox and the car didn't pop out of first on the launch!!

Those fun times got me a 24.53@55 mph!!

My tractor tire DR's hooked too well!!

I bogged every run, someday I'll learn how to drive!!

1.969 60ft

Ken

My days best was:

E.T. = 13.998

60ft = 2.284

RT = -.014 (okay so I had to cheat to get into the 13's)

MPH = 101.159

Eddie, reaction times arent factored into your e.t. The clock starts when you cross the start line it could be 2 seconds on the reaction time and you wouldve still gotton a 13.9.... Heads up racing the reaction helps as once I ran against a Z-06 and he was a tenth quicker than me but I crossed the finish line first since I had a head start with my quick r.t. I would've won if it was on "Pinks" . I had a great time on Sun. Although it was a little too hot for me, and way busier than I expected. I ran a 12.98 with my wifes C-6, I am happy as thats the first time I ever ran the new vette and its already in the 12 sec. club. Thank you Tanya for the nice view of your rear as you walked away from me on the track, TWICE! j/k And thanks to LGLBGLE for the helmet, Tanya for the compressor, Robert and ZOSICK for the tire guages. I was very well prepared...not! My friend John ('69 yellow C-3) had a great time and will be joining ACE, he said its cool that ACE members race thier cars rather than just show & shine them like alot of the other vette clubs. I couldn't agree more. BTW good luck to anyone who has to follow 1EVILC5 or ZOSICK anywhere. My 400 hp car was just not enough LOL....See Ya Joe

After reading the stories I've got to wonder

What the hell were you guys doing ??

I read that one person decides that "R" is for Race and backs up to get a head start.

Tanya -- it's 1320 feet in a quarter mile, not 1335.

Then there is an untold story about Eddie doing a circle track move ??

Come on -- do tell.

So, who had the best ET, MPH and Reaction time for the day?

I went out Saturday to Beach Bend with the Vega. Best for the day was a 10.61 @125.01 and the second round I got a .004 reaction time. That's it for the year, season's over. It will get the carb and timing set on the dyno in late December and I am getting a data pack / wideband 02 recording unit for it next year. Next year we will be running in the 10.9 heads up class.

So, when someone posts they are running 10 secs, we want to see the proof. No need to get butt hurt. And trust me, the only person I know of in this club running 10 secs in anything is Glenn and he deserves it after all the work he has done to his car.

Are we just talking Vettes here?

I've got a Vega that will give a good run for Glenn. :D

Just lurking in here to see how the weekend went.

I will post video later

Okay, since it appears we have some members who weren't there and are curious about what happened. Here's the story.

I made two runs w/o a hitch. On the third run I lost traction on the start and the next thing I know I'm looking back at the starters. I just continued around and down the track at about 50 mph. I managed to avoid both walls and no damage to the Vette other than a brown stain on the drivers seat.

Video at 10 as they say. :D

Wow, that was a great day! I'm really happy that no one went home on a tow truck and that everyone seemed to be making good times. I know you guys are never happy with the times you get (except Joe), but I think ya'll did great! Had some first timers, and some 'first time with this car'-ers, so I'm pretty darned impressed with the times. :clap More seat time = better RT and ETs, even for us slow stockers. :yesnod

Special thanks to Steve for putting this together and bring Brad along to photo/vid us. I'm dying to see Eddie's run :eek (this time I know how it turns out!). I'm bummed that we missed Tanya's reverse run-wanted a rolling start, did ya? :lol

Dying to see pics-Andrew will post eventually

M~

Thanks again for the invite guys! I had a blast. I ran a best of 11.5 @ 121mph with a 1.7 60ft. I actually hit the rev limiter in 3rd and 4th so I think my car has a 11.3 in it. I can't wait till next year! Special thanks to Robert for letting me take his C6 Z06 for a spin! Your car is very very nice! Thanks again Robert! Tanya, I guess I have to wait till next year to get my In N Out lol.

Ken: Thanks for everything buddy! I owe you one! I had a blast chating, drinking some beer and eating all of that good food you bought lol. Tell your sis I said thanks for letting me crash at her place. Also, thanks for the run on the way to the car show! Your car sounds great btw!

BTW good luck to anyone who has to follow 1EVILC5 or ZOSICK anywhere. My 400 hp car was just not enough LOL....See Ya Joe

:D We were moving alright! There were a lot of cars behind us and then there were no cars behind us lol. Thanks to Phil for running me! Your car is very fast!

Tony

Tony,

Sorry you came all the way up here for that sucky race day!!

Your car kicks major butt Bro!!

You bitch slapped my azz big time in the rolling I-10 jaunt!!

You need to post your slip on Z06Vette to let Mr Glenn Rodney know his sh** is weak!!

Nice runs Tony, you've come a long way from last year!

See you at WinterFest in March!!

Ken