Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Guest Sidewinder
They sell 100 unleaded at the 76 at the Pavillions too.

I'm ready whippersnappers.... :bang

Steve,

Just remember, in this video game don't turn until the race is over :smilelol:smilelol:thumbs

Mark

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

Guest UVETTYA

Woi soitenly, Mike. :lol

FYI, to mix race gas with 91 octane and arrive at the desired octane level, use this formula...

1) Multiply 91 by the number of gallons of 91 you already have in your tank. For example, if you had 5 gallons of 91 octane in your tank you would multiply...

91 X 5 = 455

2) Multiply (octane of race gas, say 101 for example) by the number of gallons you wish to add to the tank.

For example, if you added 5 gallons of 101 octane to your tank you would multiply...

101 X 5 = 505.

3) Add those two numbers together (455 + 505 = 960).

4) Divide the sum (960) by the total number of gallons you now have in your tank (10) and your effective octane rating is 96.

Here's a tip... put your race gas in and then drive to the track so your computer can learn the new octane. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
Any body on the west side want to meet up and drive out there together?

That's a great idea Mike. The SECC is going to arrive in force, so I think it would be a good idea if we convoyed there too. It would be cool to see 30 Vettes in a row. :thumbs

I'm near 115th Ave and Bell. There's a QT at 113th and Bell.

Or, suggest somewhere else and I'll be there. :D

Steve

I say if you run quicker than high 12's in a stock C5 convertible, you're one hell of a driver! :yesnod

As Ken mentioned, SUNOCO unleaded race fuel will be available. I think 101 unleaded is about $7 a gallon.

1st statement sounds like a challenge to me :D

Anyone in the NE or Snottsdale they sell race fuel at 56th/Bell and Cave Creek and Union Hills.

We are meeting a few friends at 7:00 a.m. at Mimi's Cafe at 75th Avenue and Bell Road for breakfast and will go to Speedworld from there. If you would like to join us, we'll see you at Mimi's Sunday morning.

Jay

Any body on the west side want to meet up and drive out there together?

That's a great idea Mike. The SECC is going to arrive in force, so I think it would be a good idea if we convoyed there too. It would be cool to see 30 Vettes in a row. :thumbs

I'm near 115th Ave and Bell. There's a QT at 113th and Bell.

Or, suggest somewhere else and I'll be there. :D

Steve

I will be there, name the time Mr. Steve. :D

I just got off the phone with Butch, the race director at Speedworld. Here's the scoop...

Anyone driving a convertible needs a helmet. (we already knew that).

The NHRA says a convertible that runs quicker than 13.50 needs a roll bar.

Butch says this is not an NHRA sanctioned event and he'll bend the rules for us a little and low 13's, even high 12's will be ok. :thumbs

He said with no reservation if a convertible runs quicker than high 12's he'll kick you off.

I say if you run quicker than high 12's in a stock C5 convertible, you're one hell of a driver! :yesnod

As Ken mentioned, SUNOCO unleaded race fuel will be available. I think 101 unleaded is about $7 a gallon.

Hey Tanya, I've been bouncing off the walls for a week now myself. I can't wait! Ye haw! :jive: :burnout:burnout2

Where did we land on the helmets and coupe issue? I'm stock so mid 12's tops.

Otherwise, anyone have an XL loaner? The thought of lifting at the 1/8 doesn't sound much like fun. For whoever worried about sweating, I have a few headsocks so I keep sweat to myself. :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know Mark and I will have our helmets, I don't mind sharing mine, but I know it isn't an XL.

Is there anywhere that rents them?

See you all Sunday!

1st statement sounds like a challenge to me :D

:agree Do I get a trophy or something if I'm the first C5 or 'vert to get thrown off? :chris New headers/cats and a Yank t.c. are in, I should be ready to roll this afternoon! :devil

BTW, I have an XXL helmet that it looks like I'm gonna only use once or twice....

:burnout

BTW, I have an XXL helmet that it looks like I'm gonna only use once or twice....

That sounds like it was made for me. I've got a size 8+ head. XL might have been tight.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I will be there on drag radials with a full bottle :)

$50 gift certs to anyone and everyone that beats my best ET and/or MPH!

Guest Sidewinder

Geez Mike, at least give us a chance. :lol

Here's a tip... put your race gas in and then drive to the track so your computer can learn the new octane. :thumbs

Steve,

If your car is tuned for 91 oct how is 100+ going to help?

100 oct has a lower flash point!

So, you get less BTU per cylinder ignition fire!

I.E. you lose HP because the PCM/ECM cannot advance timing because you aren't getting knock!

It can only retart timing when you get knock!!

Drag racing is WOT so there is nothing to learn or unlearn!!

Now, since mine is tuned for 250 ft elevation and 93 octane, I may gain a few HP without a tune.

Or I could lose 50lbs and gain a .10 sec and not pay $7 a gallon to lose HP!!!! :willy:rolf

This is just a theory that has been talked about, and I wanted to pass along!!

Please correct me if I'm looking at the wrong side of the scale!!

Ken

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Steve,

I.E. you lose HP because the PCM/ECM cannot advance timing because you aren't getting knock!

Now, since mine is tuned for 250 ft elevation and 93 octane, I may gain a few HP without a tune.

Or I could lose 50lbs and gain a .10 sec and not pay $7 a gallon to lose HP!!!! :willy:rolf

Ken

Hey Ken, you are 100% right! 100 octane in a car tuned for 91 octane will go SLOWER! However... If you want, have Nic do a race gas tune for you meant for 100 octane and you will pick up some decent power with the extra timing! We have seen 15-20 rwhp on a 100 octane tune, just make sure you change tunes back after youre done!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I have 2 90mm NOS Plate kits in stock... $589.99 for you guys... put that in and you will have a chance ;)

large05169NOS.jpg

Guest UVETTYA

Steve,

Ken

I explained in another thread that I don't run 101, I add a few gallons to get about 95 octane. That's just to avoid nock so the engine won't pull timing. (it senses knock and will pull timing even at WOT) It's going to be 84 Sunday and I want to be nice to my engine while I'm hammering the shit out of it. :lol

Depends on the meeting time at the QT, I might be there, or breakfast at Mimi's sounds damn good too. I live at 71st and beardsley, so its around the corner....Let me know what time at QT and I'll let you know tomorrow.

That is very generous... If I get the cert, I will raffle it off to the highest bidder and buy another toy for the toys for tots.

Where did we land on the helmets and coupe issue? I'm stock so mid 12's tops.

Otherwise, anyone have an XL loaner? The thought of lifting at the 1/8 doesn't sound much like fun. For whoever worried about sweating, I have a few headsocks so I keep sweat to myself. :thumbs

I believe you can get some cheapo's that are snell approved at any atv/bike shop. Metro, Cycle Zone, Desert Toyz...etc. You should be able to pick up one for $50-80 or so. Just do it, you own a vette, so obviously you have money :bang

:thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

I have 2 90mm NOS Plate kits in stock... $589.99 for you guys... put that in and you will have a chance ;)

large05169NOS.jpg

DAMN, don't tempt me!