Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Eddie, do you need a helmet b cuz you have a vert?

I am 99.9% sure its due to you have to have a helmet 13.99 and below, but don't quote me on that one. Oh and if you bring one, make sure its snell approved. It'll be a sticker inside/under the lining. They'll be checking most likely.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

I am 99.9% sure its due to you have to have a helmet 13.99 and below, but don't quote me on that one. Oh and if you bring one, make sure its snell approved. It'll be a sticker inside/under the lining. They'll be checking most likely.

Anybody know this for sure? If that is true then I'd be out.

Is it defferent at different tracks. I know Firebird is only necessary below 12.

Is it defferent at different tracks. I know Firebird is only necessary below 12.

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html

I have a helmet you or anyone can borrow when I'm not running. Just don't sweat in it :bang

When tech inspection opens (usually 10-15 minutes after the gate opens) go to the tech area. If you are taking your street car, and it is not a death trap, you will pass tech. Some obvious things you need: seatbelts, safe tires (no cord showing), all lug nuts, radiator coolant overflow catch canister (the factory one is fine), no blatant fluid leaks pouring out, etc! Your battery must be firmly attached to the body of the car (doesn't move when it is pushed on). Also, shorts and tank tops are not allowed! You MUST were long pants while racing! All the officials look for this, so don't try to sneak it by them. This is about it for a street car. If your car runs faster than 13.99, you will need a DOT approved helmet. If you run faster than 11.99, then the entire game changes. However, if your running that well, I'll bet you've been to the track at least a time or two....The tech inspector will write your cars number on the window where it is visible by the timing tower. If staging lanes are not open, then return to your pit.

When tech inspection opens (usually 10-15 minutes after the gate opens) go to the tech area. If you are taking your street car, and it is not a death trap, you will pass tech. Some obvious things you need: seatbelts, safe tires (no cord showing), all lug nuts, radiator coolant overflow catch canister (the factory one is fine), no blatant fluid leaks pouring out, etc! Your battery must be firmly attached to the body of the car (doesn't move when it is pushed on). Also, shorts and tank tops are not allowed! You MUST were long pants while racing! All the officials look for this, so don't try to sneak it by them. This is about it for a street car. If your car runs faster than 13.99, you will need a DOT approved helmet. If you run faster than 11.99, then the entire game changes. However, if your running that well, I'll bet you've been to the track at least a time or two....The tech inspector will write your cars number on the window where it is visible by the timing tower. If staging lanes are not open, then return to your pit.

Also, verts need a roll bar if running faster than 13.99. If this is gonna be a problem, just run to the 1/8th and it can be calculated from there. Just cut a good light, good 60 ft and run through the 1/8th and either brake or let off before the 1/4 line.

Also, verts need a roll bar if running faster than 13.99. If this is gonna be a problem, just run to the 1/8th and it can be calculated from there. Just cut a good light, good 60 ft and run through the 1/8th and either brake or let off before the 1/4 line.

Here is a safety for the sandbaggers. Non certified, no roll bar verts and no helmet peeps.

http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm

It gives you your 1/4 time with running through the 1/8th. Should be close to accurate.

James

Where did you read that about the roll bar,,, I must have missed that????

By the way, I will print some of these and have them there for people if they need them, or just come see me. I'll be in the pewter FRC.

By the way, I will print some of these and have them there for people if they need them, or just come see me. I'll be in the pewter FRC.

Click on the link I posted in #103 and scroll down.

Well crap if I have to have a roll bar, I guess I am out. Sure not what I was planning on. :huh

OK people, I can see this might ruin some people's days. I'm telling you, just say you've never raced before when the tech asked what you normally run. When you race finally, SANDBAG (let off at the end) Its whats done in bracket racing when your running faster than your dial in or the opponent. Just run to the 1/8th, which will be explained by those who know and then coast to the finish. You can still go out and have fun, and be with the club. Its just better to know now, then find out when you arrive at the tech, after you've paid the 20.00 to race. Please still come out and do as I said. Just have fun.

Guest UVETTYA
Well crap if I have to have a roll bar, I guess I am out. Sure not what I was planning on. :huh

I emailed Speedworld. We'll see what they have to say.

Steve

I emailed Speedworld. We'll see what they have to say.

Steve

I wouldn't expect a miracle. They're not going to bend NHRA rules because of some vettes. Its the rules and everyone will be out there to race, not just vettes. It just happens to be club day, not vette day.

I know that verts ran last year with no problems. Did they change the rules since then or do they not enforce it? :huh Robert :burnout

I know that verts ran last year with no problems. Did they change the rules since then or do they not enforce it? :huh Robert :burnout

I believe this rule has been into effect for a couple years now atleast. There are new owners now too, so that might help or hurt. We'll just see how it goes, they might be leniant (sp). Lets hope.

So what do stock C5's run on average anyway?

I would say that a stock C5 can run mid 13's if everything goes well. If you are new to drag racing, I would probably guess low 14's to high 13's is possible.

Hope that helps.

Not that I expect to break the 14 mark, but if it's possible and you need one for 13.99 and under, better bring my old motorcycle helmet..just in case. :D

Guest UVETTYA

They relax the rules quite a bit on club day. There are no sanctioned NHRA events going on so it's up to the track owner. When I was out there for the SECC Club Day, Tech wasn't interested in much and they were letting people stand in the starter's box and take pictures. I think they'll make you put the top up to race, but I'm betting you won't need a roll bar, just a helmet.

Steve

Not that I expect to break the 14 mark, but if it's possible and you need one for 13.99 and under, better bring my old motorcycle helmet..just in case. :D

You better expect to break 14. I was running 13.8s on my first time out with a stock C4. No brag, just fact. :yesnod Robert :burnout

You better expect to break 14. I was running 13.8s on my first time out with a stock C4. No brag, just fact. :yesnod Robert :burnout

If I had my old bike, I could run mid to high 10's... :D

Well if the Vert's are not going to run because of a roll bar, ask one of them to borrow a helmet. Or they might even ask to borrow your car. :eek

Guest Sidewinder

We ran the verts in the club last year and had no problems. It is a whole different ball game on Club Day. Just have to be safe about it too though. Don't abuse the privilege so to speak.

I am hoping for an 11.7 this time out..... *FINGERS CROSSED* in my car with ME driving. I just have to get those damn tires heated up and cut my 1.9 60's to 1.6 or so. WE SHALL SEE!

Im dying to see Mark run his Z!

I can't wait! I am soooo ready to get back on the track right now. Its all I think about. lol.

Lata all,

Tanya (using Mark's login cuz Im too lazy to switch!)

They relax the rules quite a bit on club day. There are no sanctioned NHRA events going on so it's up to the track owner. When I was out there for the SECC Club Day, Tech wasn't interested in much and they were letting people stand in the starter's box and take pictures. I think they'll make you put the top up to race, but I'm betting you won't need a roll bar, just a helmet.

Steve

I'd like a more definitive answer than "maybe" or "we did it last year" before I find out that I've sweated getting my 'vert done in time only to be told "no" or "coast after the 1/8th mile". :toetap

If I had my old bike, I could run mid to high 10's... :D

:devilLow 10's here! But Sidewinder and some others could hit high 9's with a good launch... :eek