NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Tony,

Sorry you came all the way up here for that sucky race day!!

Your car kicks major butt Bro!!

You bitch slapped my azz big time in the rolling I-10 jaunt!!

You need to post your slip on Z06Vette to let Mr Glenn Rodney know his sh** is weak!!

Nice runs Tony, you've come a long way from last year!

See you at WinterFest in March!!

Ken

LOL, I'll have to do that. I can't wait till Winterfest! I'll start saving my pennies lol. thanks again for having me buddy!

Tony

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

Id have to say thats one of the best track days so far! Only downside was all the down time we had and sitting in the lanes :(

I REALLY want to try out road racing, so if anyone else is in, I am!

My best for the day was 11.31@130.55

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ubL1ACquig

Nice run Mike! I also have a vid of our run. I'll try and post it up later.

Tony

Id have to say thats one of the best track days so far! Only downside was all the down time we had and sitting in the lanes :(

Nice run Mike! I also have a vid of our run. I'll try and post it up later.

Tony

Uploading that vid of Eddie now. I'll make another post.

The weirdest part is that my best MPH was on that "REVERSE" run. lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story is as follows:

Stupid girl pulls up to the line, backs up, does a burnout. Pulls forward and stages. Brakes car and gases and car goes through staging lights. Back up into deep stage mode (because the lights had not come down yet) Gas up again and wait for lights to come down. REV it up, tree lights and I gas it. I went BACKWARDS! F*** I was still in Reverse! So, I stop, put it in gear and GO!

Yeah, well, I about died from embarassment! I was thinking, if I had not had the 5.3sec 60 foot, my time would have been an 11.8 run with a 1.8 60ft.... DAMN IT! lol.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda. Im always about entertainment though!

Okay, since it appears we have some members who weren't there and are curious about what happened. Here's the story.

I made two runs w/o a hitch. On the third run I lost traction on the start and the next thing I know I'm looking back at the starters. I just continued around and down the track at about 50 mph. I managed to avoid both walls and no damage to the Vette other than a brown stain on the drivers seat.

Video at 10 as they say. :D

Eddie, just in case you didn't have enought on Sunday........

doughnut.jpg

Robert here is the 6

for the trophy

:smilelol

Looks like its the wrong size....I'll just leave the "5" on there. Seeya,Robert :burnout

Video is up in the racing section. Enjoy

Guest XLR8TNC5

Fine then Joni1301, No more rides for you!!! lol...

Actually, thanks for the Tutorial, but it is missing 3, 2, 1

LOL....

GREAT JOB by Johnni by the way!!! She got the hang of it REAL quick. It was awesome seeing another gal racing her vette out there. Angie was there as well. It was nice to meet you Angie. I didn't get to see you run, but I have to say, it was grat not being the only femme representing ACE on the track!

Kick ASS!

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Nice to see everyone there on Sunday. You guys have a great club with a bunch of real enthusiasts :thumbs

Don't forget that the SECC has rented Speedworld on Saturday Dec. 2nd, as usual, I'd like to invite all of the good folks at ACE to come and join us...here are the details:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/12-2dragday.html

BTW... here are my best 2 runs from Sunday:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...dfeed&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=44...dfeed&hl=en

Guest UVETTYA

Nice run Mike!

If you want to do a road course, SECC is having another track day at Firebird in January. I plan on being there.

Steve

Nice run Mike!

If you want to do a road course, SECC is having another track day at Firebird in January. I plan on being there.

Steve

Maybe I should try that.... I think I've got the turning thing down. :lol:lol

Nice to see everyone there on Sunday. You guys have a great club with a bunch of real enthusiasts :thumbs

Don't forget that the SECC has rented Speedworld on Saturday Dec. 2nd, as usual, I'd like to invite all of the good folks at ACE to come and join us...here are the details:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/12-2dragday.html

BTW... here are my best 2 runs from Sunday:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...dfeed&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=44...dfeed&hl=en

Joe, it was also good seeing you at the track. I like the '68 Charger video, I was sitting in the stagging lanes when you rolled up, and I recall saying what the Hell is that rolling up on me. :lol Nice looking car as well as it runs pretty quick. Great runs.

As for the club showing their enthusiast for the Vette and Drag Racing, I can not agree with you more. We had a fantastic turn out this past Sunday and I was amazed at all the members that showed up. Great job everyone.

For those that are not going on the cruise down south, you might want to check out Speedworld again on the 12/2. :thumbs

Phil... :devil

Guest Steve Mulvey

Nice run Mike!

Steve

Roadracing is my thing,, I am up for a track day before the Vintage festival.. I will be happy to give tips and instruction as well.. only two rules - don't scare me and don't kill me.... oh yes I also don't like being car sick either... :ack

Guest UVETTYA
Roadracing is my thing,, I am up for a track day before the Vintage festival.. I will be happy to give tips and instruction as well.. only two rules - don't scare me and don't kill me.... oh yes I also don't like being car sick either... :ack

heh heh, you better not ride with me then. :lol

Guest UVETTYA

Hey, check this out. A guy on the SECC posted a link to a DA converter...

Here's similar representation of Club day weather data from DaimlerChrysler Arizona Proving Grounds, Wittman, AZ

Weather Data

If you want to convert your times to sea level corrected don't add elevation to the calculator as it's already in the method of representation of barrometric pressure inHg for the DaimlerChrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. Use 0 for elevation.

Sea Level Corrected

Here's my corrected time for the best run I made. Wow! I'm in the 11's!

Density Altitude = 3664 feet

Uncorrected 12.22 @ 115.5

Corrected 11.67 @ 120.66

Woo Hoo!

Here's similar representation of Club day weather data from DaimlerChrysler Arizona Proving Grounds, Wittman, AZ

Weather Data

If you want to convert your times to sea level corrected don't add elevation to the calculator as it's already in the method of representation of barrometric pressure inHg for the DaimlerChrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. Use 0 for elevation.

Sea Level Corrected

Corrected 11.67 @ 120.66

Woo Hoo!

:howdy Steve, come back to earth now. :howdy:bang

Weather Data

Sea Level Corrected

Corrected 11.67 @ 120.66

Woo Hoo!

:huh So, what you're telling me is that I can figure the "corrected" sea level et and mph? The time tables don't match exactly the times on my slips, but its close enough....although I get a DA of 3211 ft (@10:39am), don't know how you got 3664. Anyway, 13.028 turned into 12.53, and 105.961 turned into 110.02 mph.

That is cool, thanks Steve. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA

Weather Data

Sea Level Corrected

Corrected 11.67 @ 120.66

Woo Hoo!

:huh So, what you're telling me is that I can figure the "corrected" sea level et and mph? The time tables don't match exactly the times on my slips, but its close enough....although I get a DA of 3211 ft (@10:39am), don't know how you got 3664. Anyway, 13.028 turned into 12.53, and 105.961 turned into 110.02 mph.

That is cool, thanks Steve. :thumbs

Scroll down the page - there are stats for every few minutes during the day. I ran my best at 16:46.