NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

Guest XLR8TNC5
I corrected mine for a cold snap in Death Valley and the Caddie did 9.57 at 152... corrections are cool...

HAHAHA! I did the same thing and my car ran a 4.8 @ 210mph...... SWEETNESS!

When I played Uvetteya's way, my car ran a 11.3 @ 120.86. Now, that is a number I could live with!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

Guest UVETTYA

I corrected mine for a cold snap in Death Valley and the Caddie did 9.57 at 152... corrections are cool...

When I played Uvetteya's way, my car ran a 11.3 @ 120.86. Now, that is a number I could live with!

Are you sure you're doing it right? Don't forget to set the altitude to Zero.

This makes me think those guys with C5's who claim to get into the 11's bone stock, might really be doing it. They live on the coast at sea level and I've seen some of them report a DA of -2000 ft.

Here's a run I made on stock tires on Oct 14th - and this doesn't seem unreasonable to me...

Density Altitude = 3331 feet ET MPH

Uncorrected 12.61 @ 114.21

Corrected 12.11 @ 118.77

Bottom line is - my time slip says what it says. :toetap

Guest Steve Mulvey

Are you sure you're doing it right? Don't forget to set the altitude to Zero.

This makes me think those guys with C5's who claim to get into the 11's bone stock, might really be doing it. They live on the coast at sea level and I've seen some of them report a DA of -2000 ft.

Here's a run I made on stock tires on Oct 14th - and this doesn't seem unreasonable to me...

Density Altitude = 3331 feet ET MPH

Uncorrected 12.61 @ 114.21

Corrected 12.11 @ 118.77

Bottom line is - my time slip says what it says. :toetap

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Guest greg schroeder

I enjoyed watching all the cars run. It was a fun day.

Here's a link to weather history just about anywhere if you want to play with sea level correction. I'm certainly not an expert on this stuff, but the consideration of such information is fun.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/index.asp

Just enter the state, then city, then date. Look at the time slip for time of day or night. Be observant to what type of representation inHg is being displayed as some already have elevation factored while others do not. The higher inHg representation is similar to what you would see on the evening news and would require also adding elevation to the sea level correction calculator. The lower number representations should use 0 as elevation in the calculator.

The nice thing about having this information available is it's then possible to compare apples to apples with other folks anywhere from any day or even your own runs from one day to the next.

For additional information on stuff this link is one of my favorites.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm

post-340-1164218912.jpg

It was great to meet some new faces. I see everyone had a good time, that includes us.

I finally got a chance to download the pix we took. There aren't too many of the races but oh well....

And as usual, make sure to turn up the speakers really loud....

http://anmracing.phanfare.com/album/157458/197643

Andrew

:burnout | :burnout

_________________ Finish Line!!!!

thanks for the pic's it is about time somebody posted some. :D You even got a vid of me heading down the track love it thanks. :D

Hooo! Rocking old school! Love the pics and labels. Thanks for posting them on OUR site, Phil!

M~

Sweet Andrew!!

You put your own slide show together and uploaded!!

Nice work Bro, who's music??

Ken

Thanks for the compliments. The group is called Mobchild from Ohio on the first vid. They are good friends of mine and they said I could use the tunes if I wanted to.

Lookin' good Phil. I never realized I had such a big patato head..... I had the speaker up and the music about scared the Sh_t out of me when it started......

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA

I finally got around to uploading my pics and vids. Marylou did a good job but they were all with my digital camera which does videos but doesn't have a zoom in video mode. So you get to see the beginning of the race but you don't always know the results. :huh

I'll see Brad tonight, and I hope he'll have videos for me. Until then...

http://www.snirk.phanfare.com/album/158504

Steve

Nice pics Phil!!

I love the 25 sec shot!! :clap

When you kill the motor on the burnout, then reset everything and the tranny pops out of first on the launch, everything in your head says "Be careful" this is NOT good karma!! :eek:eek

I'm pretty sure Eddie's racetrack run was quicker!! :lol:lol

MaryLou's pics and Vids are great!! :thumbs:thumbs

Thank you for taking time to catch some of the meager action that day!!

Still waiting for some PRO clips from Brad!

Ken

Great pics and vids everyone. Appreciate the effort that went into taking, editing and posting. :thumbs I finally got to hear my car with the changes since last year...much better. :D Thanks for the trophy, totally unexpected. Hopefully we can do another drag day soon so the 2006 ones can find new homes. See everyone Sat. or at least the ones going on the cave run. Robert :burnout