Club Day At Speedworld

Guest UVETTYA

They relax the rules quite a bit on club day. There are no sanctioned NHRA events going on so it's up to the track owner. When I was out there for the SECC Club Day, Tech wasn't interested in much and they were letting people stand in the starter's box and take pictures. I think they'll make you put the top up to race, but I'm betting you won't need a roll bar, just a helmet.

Steve

I'd like a more definitive answer than "maybe" or "we did it last year" before I find out that I've sweated getting my 'vert done in time only to be told "no" or "coast after the 1/8th mile". :toetap

If I had my old bike, I could run mid to high 10's... :D

:devilLow 10's here! But Sidewinder and some others could hit high 9's with a good launch... :eek

But mine was only a 900cc. :smilelol

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyZ78

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Bigfoot

Got any time slips??

You're avatar is a dunce cap you got for breaking the speed limit!

Now you are doing 10 sec passes on a bike?? :bs:bs

I've changed out my 5 buckles for hipboots!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Guest UVETTYA

I just got off the phone with Victoria at Speedworld and she is checking with the race director and she will call me back tomorrow with an answer. She says it's up to the owner and they tend to relax the rules on club day so it will probably be ok but she wants to check for sure. I won't be home until 7 pm tomorrow so you'll have to wait until then for an answer. Sorry. :toetap

Steve

Got any time slips??

You're avatar is a dunce cap you got for breaking the speed limit!

Now you are doing 10 sec passes on a bike?? :bs:bs

I've changed out my 5 buckles for hipboots!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

I think someone needs an anti-pecimism pill...sheesh :toetap

I think someone needs an anti-pecimism pill...sheesh :toetap

pes‧si‧mism  /ˈpɛsəˌmɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pes-uh-miz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc.: His pessimism about the future of our country depresses me.

2. the doctrine that the existing world is the worst of all possible worlds, or that all things naturally tend to evil.

3. the belief that the evil and pain in the world are not compensated for by goodness and happiness.

#1 Learn how to spell

#2 There is no projection in my statement except you couldn't produce!!

#3 You talk shit and can't back it up!!

Do you have a time slip or video, with you doing a 10 sec run??

If not, quit making sarcastic comments on threads in which you add no content!!

Ken

Since when is having fun on the forum not allowed? :toetap

1. No, I never ran the bike on a quarter (so no, no time slip)

2. The bike was rated at 10.3 with pro-riders (no, I'm not a pro...but I was pretty damned good)

3. I see plenty of spelling errors on the forum and no one complains

4. I see plenty misuse of words on the forum and no one complains

So instead of a freakin "anti-pessimism pill" how about a freakin :chillpill.

And as far as my avatar goes...gee that was all in fun too. This is not the first fast vehicle I've ever owned or the second for that matter. That run was not the first time that I have ever gone fast either. Nor was that run nearly the fastest I have ever run. But again, everything in fun...

But I guess that is not allowed here anymore.:(

So, I guess I'll shut the hell up, change my avatar and try not to have fun around here anymore!!!

:rant

If 'Having Fun' means expressing mindless drivel to up your post count, please keep it to stupid "smilies"!!

MY :rant

Ken

Sorry for the mis-direction folks!!

Back to a fun day at Speedworld!!

I could care less about a "post count."

Grudge race?....hardly...go ahead and just take me off the list and I'll back away.

Have fun all.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Now now boys. Come on. It's all in good humor, but with some honesty behind it. We all know that shit talking about times you COULD HAVE RUN, around here leads to this type of conversation. WHo cares about what you COULD HAVE RUN, it is about doing the deed of running those times.

I have been on the track more times than I can remember, and trust me, when you come back to the staging lanes after a shitty run, you expect to take crap and saying, "I missed a shift, Icouldn't launch, i felt a bump, and etc... other dumby excuses, you end up being chastised. No one is thinking you are an idiot, just that you can't drive. lol.

So, when someone posts they are running 10 secs, we want to see the proof. No need to get butt hurt. And trust me, the only person I know of in this club running 10 secs in anything is Glenn and he deserves it after all the work he has done to his car.

Other than that, the other rest of the butt match is hilarious and I can't believe anyone would back away just because someone hurt their feelings. But no biggie. Im not getting involved. lol.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about why someone should not be upset if they are called out about their times. That's all.

Take it easy boys and BE NICE DAMN IT!

Now now boys. Come on. It's all in good humor, but with some honesty behind it. We all know that shit talking about times you COULD HAVE RUN, around here leads to this type of conversation. WHo cares about what you COULD HAVE RUN, it is about doing the deed of running those times.

I have been on the track more times than I can remember, and trust me, when you come back to the staging lanes after a shitty run, you expect to take crap and saying, "I missed a shift, Icouldn't launch, i felt a bump, and etc... other dumby excuses, you end up being chastised. No one is thinking you are an idiot, just that you can't drive. lol.

So, when someone posts they are running 10 secs, we want to see the proof. No need to get butt hurt. And trust me, the only person I know of in this club running 10 secs in anything is Glenn and he deserves it after all the work he has done to his car.

Other than that, the other rest of the butt match is hilarious and I can't believe anyone would back away just because someone hurt their feelings. But no biggie. Im not getting involved. lol.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about why someone should not be upset if they are called out about their times. That's all.

Take it easy boys and BE NICE DAMN IT!

I got your two cents Tanya :D We will have to have a fun run at the track. It's to bad we never got a chance to run before my car took a dump. I'm still down to run this Sunday if you are. Your going to kill me outta of the whole! Looks like I better not miss a shift!

Tony

Guest XLR8TNC5
I got your two cents Tanya :D We will have to have a fun run at the track. It's to bad we never got a chance to run before my car took a dump. I'm still down to run this Sunday if you are. Your going to kill me outta of the whole! Looks like I better not miss a shift!

Tony

Lmao, yeah, Im up for a run with you. And I think you got it right when you spelt HOLE wrong and put a W in front of it. I will probably kill you through the WHOLE thing.... Im just kidding. I don't expect to win, and if I lose, so be it, but we will sure as hell have a TON of fun running!!!! YEA BABY!!!! lol.. Damn, I am way too excited about this!

And I agree, the ONLY advantage I have is that I wont miss a shift. See you soon Tone!

T

Hey will they have race fuel available? Also will the be weight scale be working, I'd like to know much my tank" cough" car weights. :D Thanks Chad

Not that I expect to break the 14 mark, but if it's possible and you need one for 13.99 and under, better bring my old motorcycle helmet..just in case. :D

I haven't read through all the replies - but here is some important info.

13.99 or better needs a SNELL approved helmet, not just a DOT helmet. Must be SNELL 2000 (00) or newer.

13.99 in a 'Vert needs a roll bar unless Speedworld is letting that one slip for some reason.

These are NHRA rules and most tracks do not bend on these. Some do. I race at Bowling Green and they have NO TECH at all for Friday night / Saturday races. I run my 10 second Vega and they haven't looked at it once in 4 weeks. I asked about tech inspection when I signed the waiver and the guy said "ya just did it".

Robert - you have to be there to defend your title.

Dwayne -- I am disappointed.

Hey will they have race fuel available? Also will the be weight scale be working, I'd like to know much my tank" cough" car weights. :D Thanks Chad

all of their gas, if they are selling it, is leaded racing fuel. You may want to find a place that sells 100 octane unleaded and get some before going out.

I recommend just getting a can of Torco octane boost and dumping that in your tank. It will do just the same.

Where do they sell the Torco octane boost? I always saw people filling up with race gas there but I did not know it was leaded. Thanks Chad

Where do they sell the Torco octane boost? I always saw people filling up with race gas there but I did not know it was leaded. Thanks Chad

well, last I knew they only had leaded. Call the track and ask them.

I got Torco from Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe.

BTW, I hope to be in the 11's. hee hee hee :devil

IF I FIND SOME 17" WHEELS to put these on. :bang

DSC00316.jpg

I got a set sitting in my shed right now.

Send me the tires and when I am done with them I will send the tires and rims back to you.

Where did you get the discounted "Blem" tires from ?

the only person I know of in this club running 10 secs is glenn

Here is my proof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPZ-Z0fjndk

:howdy :D

Also.. for the east side guys.. there is race fuel 100 octane VP at 44st and Chandler Blvd.. If ADS is closer... then they have GT plus 104... Call ADS before heading over, because Kingpin just took the last of it, but they have another barrell coming. They may have torco as well.

Guest UVETTYA

I just got off the phone with Butch, the race director at Speedworld. Here's the scoop...

Anyone driving a convertible needs a helmet. (we already knew that).

The NHRA says a convertible that runs quicker than 13.50 needs a roll bar.

Butch says this is not an NHRA sanctioned event and he'll bend the rules for us a little and low 13's, even high 12's will be ok. :thumbs

He said with no reservation if a convertible runs quicker than high 12's he'll kick you off.

I say if you run quicker than high 12's in a stock C5 convertible, you're one hell of a driver! :yesnod

As Ken mentioned, SUNOCO unleaded race fuel will be available. I think 101 unleaded is about $7 a gallon.

Hey Tanya, I've been bouncing off the walls for a week now myself. I can't wait! Ye haw! :jive: :burnout:burnout2

Guest UVETTYA
Well Im out for Sunday :ack Meth pump took a shiit after doing a little test run on the 101...........

Kevin

Aww man, that's not good news. I've been wanting to see that beast in action for almost a year now.

I just got off the phone with Butch, the race director at Speedworld. Here's the scoop...

Anyone driving a convertible needs a helmet. (we already knew that).

The NHRA says a convertible that runs quicker than 13.50 needs a roll bar.

Butch says this is not an NHRA sanctioned event and he'll bend the rules for us a little and low 13's, even high 12's will be ok. :thumbs

He said with no reservation if a convertible runs quicker than high 12's he'll kick you off.

I say if you run quicker than high 12's in a stock C5 convertible, you're one hell of a driver! :yesnod

As Ken mentioned, SUNOCO unleaded race fuel will be available. I think 101 unleaded is about $7 a gallon.

Hey Tanya, I've been bouncing off the walls for a week now myself. I can't wait! Ye haw! :jive: :burnout:burnout2

Alright then see you all there. :D Thanks for the home work Steve.