• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• ZZZ0006

• SLAMMER

• Unreal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But, a drag strip isn't a half mile, so your speeds will still be limited.

I still enjoyed the Hell out of the autocross.

There's still 1750' after a half mile at WHP for shutdown. It's just a good test for your brakes to avoid the sand pit at the end. TF usually makes the 2000' turnoff on a 300 MPH pass and they don't even have front wheel brakes.

so are convertibles allowed without roll bars ?

My 01 C5 was allowed also.

What did your vert run?

157 from the cones. Adding meth to cool my IATs down for the next event. :3gears:

Firebird would have rented the strip to me for a day for $3000. That included safety and lights, and a little track prep.

Never asked WhP or Bondurant about it though.......

Running the 1/2 mile was more fun, and less stressful than timing the lights and trying to keep it off the wall with a slippery track.

Believe it or not, Victor actually made an appearance, but not with his car. Baby steps right Victor.

That was my body double !!! LOL :blur:

Believe it or not, Victor actually made an appearance, but not with his car. Baby steps right Victor.

So he got a kitchen pass but she took the Vette shopping. :lol

LOL ......she doesn't know how to drive a manual car. She doesn't even know what a clutch pedal is :facepalm:

Hopefully I can make it to the next one. Any estimates on what a near 600whp Z06 would do?

Billy....there was a C6 Z with 600 written on the window (600 rwhp) and I think it was posted on another board that he ran just a tad over 159.

so are convertibles allowed without roll bars ?

My 01 C5 was allowed also.

What did your vert run?

157 from the cones. Adding meth to cool my IATs down for the next event. :3gears:

:jd Ya, 'cause that thing needs more cowbell.

Top up or top down? :lol

Working on editing a simple video, just have so much footage to go thru, not to mention juggling other stuff. I'm surprised no one has mentioned some people here got beat by a 80's toyota pickup truck. Cool cars, fast races, good peeps, great weather, nothing bad happened = great day. I'll imagine the next one will have more attendance.

Working on editing a simple video, just have so much footage to go thru, not to mention juggling other stuff. I'm surprised no one has mentioned some people here got beat by a 80's toyota pickup truck. Cool cars, fast races, good peeps, great weather, nothing bad happened = great day. I'll imagine the next one will have more attendance.

Not the P/U, but I did get edged out at the line by some kind of Hyundai (he did have a drag chute though).

That little pickup was QUICK. Appearances can be deceiving!

Like the mazda with the V8

Yes! The variety of cars at this event was great. Fun to participate and fun to watch!

Totally agree, been running the 1/4 since the late 60's and this 1/2 mile is much better, but even better are 1 & 1.5 mile events, great weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuPQWlmrq8&list=UUrjstR55zO8ts3MkXJ8k4Ow

Phil, since our two cars have about the same RWHP (yours at 422 rwhp and mine at 429 rwhp) I'm curious what your average mph was. Sorry if this info was given in your youtube, but I couldn't open it. Thanks

On Facebook Krookid Photography has 4 albums with over 2500 pictures from No Fly Zone Arizona:

1. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500915466715079.1073741936.161019617371334&type=3

2. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500927633380529.1073741937.161019617371334&type=3

3. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500958100044149.1073741938.161019617371334&type=3

4. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500968916709734.1073741939.161019617371334&type=3

Here is the contact information for Krookid Photography, nice guy, spoke with him on the phone and have ordered several pictures:

Will McDougle

Krookid Photography

(602) 380-5642

Krookidphotography@yahoo.com

Hey Dan, link them here when you get them...

edit: I guess I should reload before I reply :lol

Thanks