NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1/2 Mile roll racing event in Gila Bend December 13-14, 2014

FNBADAZ06

Never thought I'd see the day when Dawg is challenging a C4 to a race.

I've been challenging you for awhile now.... :toetap

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• ZZZ0006

• SLAMMER

• Unreal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just trying to save you from what could be a very embarrassing situation for you. After all, if you beat me, no big deal since everyone assumes that an old "resto jalopy" would get beat by a fancy C6. On the other hand, if you lost to my car you would never live that down. You would probably sell the Pumpkin and drop out of ACE just to avoid the humiliation! What are friends for! :laughing gut bustin:

Just trying to save you from what could be a very embarrassing situation for you. After all, if you beat me, no big deal since everyone assumes that an old "resto jalopy" would get beat by a fancy C6. On the other hand, if you lost to my car you would never live that down. You would probably sell the Pumpkin and drop out of ACE just to avoid the humiliation! What are friends for! :laughing gut bustin:

Or he could buy a C6 Z06 and not worry about losing a race.

Theres a difference in stock and modified, would you hang your head in shame if Bromley raced you?

This weekend was humbling, I got stomped by a MR2, of course he wasn't stock either...

Mine is a resto jalopy from Merc Cruiser, I got beat by a 4 door sedan BMW, little did I know about twin turbo & meth, but I beat a wrapped ZL1 Camaro, go figure, maybe he had issues

142.76 best

Why didn't we race?

142.49 was my best. But I only dyno'd 388 at the wheels.

Never thought I'd see the day when Dawg is challenging a C4 to a race. If I remember right, your best time of 142.49 was only accomplished by you starting 25 yards before the cones (see post 150)! My money would have been on the C4 if the race was straight up! C4s Rule!!!

Just a idea, 12.5 in 1/4(street tires), 142 @ 1/2 mile roll, 169.7 @ Mile(standing), 181.3 @ 1.5 mile(standing) all = Permagrin

I did a 12.20 in the 1/4 at 85 degrees on streets, want a sub 12, maybe this winter on a cool nite.

Haven't run a 1 or 1.5 mile event.

Haven't run a 1 or 1.5 mile event.

I beg to differ........:)

Oh, yeah! I've been to that event. Only reason I missed it this year is because I didn't have a car!

The wrapped zl1 is on here, he had a 750rwhp c6 before. Jon is a great dude. I think he did 152s all weekend. He just has an intake/headers/tune. Dynoed ~580rwhp. He should be back with a pulley/etc making 600+ soon enough.

The wrapped zl1 is on here, he had a 750rwhp c6 before. Jon is a great dude. I think he did 152s all weekend. He just has an intake/headers/tune. Dynoed ~580rwhp. He should be back with a pulley/etc making 600+ soon enough.

Wow, I feel pretty good about my 150 with just a cold air intake.

Zl1s are heavy big cars. The 900+lbs of weight really does make a huge different. Just like the new c7z being 3500+lbs compared to a 3100 c6z is going to be an issue for events like this.

As long as you fix the heads, I agree. Actually I would say 08-09 base models are the best bang for the buck vette these days.

Just fix the heads and I mostly agree. I think the 08-09 ls3 cars are a better bang for the buck. Save $10k+, use it for a blower kit, and have a nice 600rwhp car for less than a c6z.

yup fix the LS7 heads and they are great, if I were to build a C6 though I agree on doing an LS3 car and throwing boost on it. Stock bottom end will live all day on 700 rwhp and you'll be in it less than a Z. However C6 Z's do look amazing!

As long as you fix the heads, I agree. Actually I would say 08-09 base models are the best bang for the buck vette these days.

Just fix the heads and I mostly agree. I think the 08-09 ls3 cars are a better bang for the buck. Save $10k+, use it for a blower kit, and have a nice 600rwhp car for less than a c6z.

I am getting my heads done at the end of the month, I like the C6Z body style better, but do agree if you want to build a fast vette an LS3 car is a cheaper route.

Appreciate the offer. I will be out in California for a week visiting Family and my father in law and I are dropping off both our Z06's at American Heritage Performance where they will do all the work in-house for the wiggle test, rebuilding the heads, and R&R.

A person could still probably pick up an '08-'09 Grand Sport, still have the body style and do the same mods for not much more than a base coupe body cost.