NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The Karchner Cavern's Cruise.

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Dave and Dorothy, I've added you to the roster. :thumbs

I would recommend reading the first post in this thread - it contains all the info so far on the cruise and the Caverns tour. You can find future updates there as well.

Marylou and I are looking forward to meeting you and thanks for joining us!

Steve

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• dewey

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UVETTYA

Hey, it just occurred to me - weren't we were planning on having a picnic at the Caverns when we arrive there? I'm ok with eating in Tucson but we need to decide. If we leave at 09:30 like planned, eating in Tucson might not work out. Karchner wants you to check in at the visitor center an hour before the tour and if we get slow service or something, we might be pressed for time.

The trip should take no more than 3½ hrs with pit stops. Our tours are at 2:15 and 2:45 so we should have time to picnic and browse the visitor center before the tours.

If anyone has special needs or is just not ok with that, let me know now so we can plan accordingly. Nothing's written in stone. This is your cruise, I'm just trying to coordinate it. Speak up if you have any suggestions. :thumbs

Steve

I thought we were doing the picnic thing too.... That is what we were planning for but if things change, we good with that...

Andrew

I thought we were doing the picnic thing too.... That is what we were planning for but if things change, we good with that...

Andrew

:agree :D

Ok. Now I'm confused. Is the Lukes thing for lunch on the way to Kartchners? I thought it was a picnic at the cave and Lukes, or where ever, was for the way back. Due to the time issue, I think Lukes would be awesome for the ride back but that's only a thought.....

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA
Ok. Now I'm confused. Is the Lukes thing for lunch on the way to Kartchners? I thought it was a picnic at the cave and Lukes, or where ever, was for the way back. Due to the time issue, I think Lukes would be awesome for the ride back but that's only a thought.....

Andrew

I'm ok wit dat.

Anyone else? :huh

Ok.... So now we know that we are having a picnic.... The original question was, where are we gonna meet the Tucson folks?????? Dewey, where would be a good spot? Triple T is just south of Tucson on the north side of the road. Lots of parking to meet and easy to see from the road.

Andrew

Ok.... So now we know that we are having a picnic.... The original question was, where are we gonna meet the Tucson folks?????? Dewey, where would be a good spot? Triple T is just south of Tucson on the north side of the road. Lots of parking to meet and easy to see from the road.

Andrew

Last time I was by there, when scouting for the Tombstone trip, Triple T didn't look like it was open that time of day.

Next exit east, there's a new Shell station, plenty of parking, good gas, and it's on the south side of the freeway (easy off, easy on), and a shorter distance in before the speed limit goes back up to 75.

Either one, doesn't make a difference to me.

Dewey,

Sounds good. Shell east of Tucson it is.....

Steve,

what time do you think you guys will be passing Tucson so we can meet up at the Shell station?

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA
Dewey,

Sounds good. Shell east of Tucson it is.....

Steve,

what time do you think you guys will be passing Tucson so we can meet up at the Shell station?

Andrew

We're leaving Phx at 09:30. Mapquest says the trip from Phx to Karchner is 160 miles and 2½ hrs. I guess it will depend on where we meet and how long we stop in Piccachio. You folks who travel this way a lot, what do you think?

We also need to decide on a meeting place and plan for the picnic - it's only two weeks away...

Steve

We are going to meet the group where I8 and I10 come together. I don't want to drive up into Phoenix just to turn around and drive out...

Guest UVETTYA
We are going to meet the group where I8 and I10 come together. I don't want to drive up into Phoenix just to turn around and drive out...

Dwayne, is there a place you can pull off and sit and wait for us there?

Steve

We'll be at the Shell station at or around 11:00....

Andrew

Is that on the East or West side of the Freeway? Do you know the exit number? (I'm trying to put together an itinerary w/map to print out for everyone.

Guest UVETTYA

Ok, now we need to think about the picnic at the Caverns. I don't know about you all but I'm not too keen on carrying prepared food in the Vette. I'm down for stopping in Tucson for maybe a deli tray at Safeway, Subway, Quiznos or something like that, but I don't want to take food on the entire trip. A sandwich, chips and drink is fine for us.

But, we're flexible. There are 23 of us going... how about some ideas? :howdy

Ok, now we need to think about the picnic at the Caverns. I don't know about you all but I'm not too keen on carrying prepared food in the Vette. I'm down for stopping in Tucson for maybe a deli tray at Safeway, Subway, Quiznos or something like that, but I don't want to take food on the entire trip. A sandwich, chips and drink is fine for us.

Sounds like the way to do it. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Dwayne, is there a place you can pull off and sit and wait for us there?

Steve

Yeah I will either wait on an on-ramp or find some other suitable place thats safe to wait....

Guest UVETTYA
This thread is too long to search. When and where are we meeting in the valley before heading the Tucson way? :popcorn:

Once we finalize all the details I'll edit the first post.

We can probably meet up at the old Krispy Creme on Baseline. I'll find it and post a map next week when I have more time. I'm coming from Surprise so if anyone else from the West side (WESTSIDE! :chris) wants to convoy to the departure site on Baseline, speak up.

Guest UVETTYA

I guess one out of 23 ain't bad. :lol:toetap

Ok then, I suggest we stop in Tucson at a Quiznos for sandwiches and stuff. I'll research and find one and post a map, next week when I have time. There's still time to speak up if someone wants something different. :thumbs

Steve

BTW... for those who haven't paid yet, my contact info is in the first post. :thumbs

Steve

I guess one out of 23 ain't bad. :lol:toetap

Ok then, I suggest we stop in Tucson at a Quiznos for sandwiches and stuff. I'll research and find one and post a map, next week when I have time. There's still time to speak up if someone wants something different. :thumbs

Steve

BTW... for those who haven't paid yet, my contact info is in the first post. :thumbs

Steve

There's a sub shop, Quizno's I think, in the Shell station where we are meeting up.

Also, what we did for Tombstone was when jd and Dianne hit Marana, they called me on the cell, then by the time I went and got gas and down to the Shell, I didn't have to wait long for them to show up. So...that's the ticket, right there, give me and Andrew an Melissa a call when you get to Marana, and then we'll know that it's time to head out.

Then when we meet at the Shell, there's Quiznos.

:yesnod:yesnod:yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
There's a sub shop, Quizno's I think, in the Shell station where we are meeting up.

Also, what we did for Tombstone was when jd and Dianne hit Marana, they called me on the cell, then by the time I went and got gas and down to the Shell, I didn't have to wait long for them to show up. So...that's the ticket, right there, give me and Andrew an Melissa a call when you get to Marana, and then we'll know that it's time to head out.

Then when we meet at the Shell, there's Quiznos.

:yesnod:yesnod:yesnod

Sounds like a plan. :thumbs PM me with numbers and I'll call when we hit Marana. You too Dwyane, PM me with a cell number if you want and I'll call when we leave PHX, and/or when we're approaching the I-8 interchange.

Steve

This thread is too long to search. When and where are we meeting in the valley before heading the Tucson way? :popcorn:

Once we finalize all the details I'll edit the first post.

We can probably meet up at the old Krispy Creme on Baseline. I'll find it and post a map next week when I have more time. I'm coming from Surprise so if anyone else from the West side (WESTSIDE! :chris) wants to convoy to the departure site on Baseline, speak up.

Yep West Side, want to meet up and convoy. tell me where mr steve. :D