NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The Karchner Cavern's Cruise.

Guest UVETTYA

Count me in.

Just remember to stop off at exit 269 (Wilmot Rd, at the Shell station on the south side of the freeway).

Not the TTT? That was our meeting spot for some after hours "tire testing"...heh

M~

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• dewey

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

We're tentatively in. We'll make ours an overnighter-we have enough friends down south to put us up. Or put up with us.

Would do either tour-big room preferred since it has limited availability during the summer.

Dewey, was is you that mentioned a cruise in at Anthony's? Is that a Saturday night thing? and every week? Maybe we can do that as well....

M~

Steve,

We're tentatively in. We'll make ours an overnighter-we have enough friends down south to put us up. Or put up with us.

Would do either tour-big room preferred since it has limited availability during the summer.

Dewey, was is you that mentioned a cruise in at Anthony's? Is that a Saturday night thing? and every week? Maybe we can do that as well....

M~

Every other week. There's one this weekend, for the Tombstone folks, if they're interested. The dates are usually listed on Cruisin' Arizona.

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

M~

Ok, you're tentatively in for the Big Room tour. :thumbs

As soon as I get everyone's preferences for tours and a few more commits, I'll call and book reservations. See the first post for updates.

Don't forget, tickets are non refundable so If you've said you're in, I'm assuming you're in. Let me know soon if you change your mind.

I'd like to book as many spots as soon as possible before they fill up so those of you who haven't expressed a preference for a particular tour, or if you're on the fence, step up. :yesnod

pensativo.gif I guess if Melissa is in, I'm in...... :D The big room thing sound cool, I hope it ain't too dark in there...... juas.gif

Let us know when you need the dough... ok.gif

Andrew

You can put us in for the big room tour, and we will be heading home that night. :thumbs

Steve, is there a cut off day on this? if not edit your first post that all are welcome even without reservations....

Guest UVETTYA

Ok Dwayne, the first post is updated. Good idea. Thanks. :thumbs

I'm not sure if I should set a cut-off date. Looks like we're going to have enough to span two tours and the sooner those of you who haven't chosen yet can tell me your preferences, the sooner I can book the tour for you too. They will eventually fill up. There will be 5 walk-up tickets available for each tour but there's no guarantee they won't be sold before we get there. So the sooner the better.

Thank you for putting this on the Calendar Tanya. :cool: I hope you and Mark going.

Everyone else, I've updated your tour preferences.

I'll call tomorrow and book reservations for those who have voiced a preference - so far we have enough to fill one tour. Once I've booked the reservations you can either PayPal me if you have an account or by snail mail if not.

If I've forgotten anything or anyone has suggestions, please let me know. :thumbs

Hey Steve,

We're definitely in-

What time are you booking the tours for? I mean, how early do you all want to leave Phoenix in order to arrive there? I know early tours are easier to book, but we may be reserving far enough in advance to get whatever time works best considering the drive.....

Just wondering.....

Thanks!

M~

oh, yeah, we need to get you some dough-pm me an address, we don't have a paypal account (that I know about).

and thanks for organizing this one! :clap Should be a lot of fun! :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
Hey Steve,

We're definitely in-

What time are you booking the tours for? I mean, how early do you all want to leave Phoenix in order to arrive there? I know early tours are easier to book, but we may be reserving far enough in advance to get whatever time works best considering the drive.....

Just wondering.....

Thanks!

M~

oh, yeah, we need to get you some dough-pm me an address, we don't have a paypal account (that I know about).

and thanks for organizing this one! :clap Should be a lot of fun! :thumbs

Your welcome Melissa. And yes, we can probably make a reservation when we want. They don't have any scheduled tours on Sat and Sunday. We're too big for one tour so the second group will have to wait ½ hr for their tour to start. That's the only consideration as far as the tour is concerned.

However, I didn't make reservations today. The planning is a little more complicated then I thought and I'm going to need more input from everyone so we can figure out what time to book the tours. Here are some considerations...

I'm guessing the trip will take about 10 hrs. That breaks down to 2 hrs driving at 160 mph, (320 miles round trip) :bang

just joking! :lol

Probably more like 5 hrs driving, more or less -- then 2 hrs for the tours; 1 hr for the visitor center; 2 hrs lunch and pit stops -- 10 hrs total.

If we leave at 8am, (I'm guessing here), we'll probably be back by 6pm. Leave at 9 - back by 7pm. Leave at 10am, back by 8pm. (I think these are conservative numbers -- actual times may vary) :devil

Then there is lunch to consider...

Example: If we leave at 8, we'll be there by 11 -- tours start at 12 and 12:30 -- done by 2pm -- lunch in Tucson 2:30ish (probably more like 3) -- arrive back in Phx 6pm-ish, (probably more like 7pm). Again, I'm guessing.

Adjust those times accordingly if we leave at 9 or 10am.

We just need to fit lunch in there at a reasonable time.

We could probably save some time if we filled a cooler with (for example) subs, tater salad, chips and drinks and have a picnic there at the park -- they have a picnic area. That sounds like fun.

I'm just tossing ideas out there folks. I'll hold off until Monday to make the reservations, so help me out here and voice your thoughts. :howdy If you leave it up to me, we're leaving at 8 with a picnic at the park. :yesnod

Leave at 8, 9 or 10?

Lunch in Tucson or a picnic at the park?

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im in! Don't know about Mark yet. Im sure he will be up for it, but those early times freak him out. Whatever, if I have to show alone I will, but either way, we will pay for both of us.

And I definitely think a picnic sounds super cool, but I am always a go for Hooters too!!! I could always use some Daytona Wings and crab legs!

Guest UVETTYA
Im in! Don't know about Mark yet. Im sure he will be up for it, but those early times freak him out. Whatever, if I have to show alone I will, but either way, we will pay for both of us.

And I definitely think a picnic sounds super cool, but I am always a go for Hooters too!!! I could always use some Daytona Wings and crab legs!

Yaay! You're in.

I took the liberty to put you down for the Big Room tour. Everyone else seems to want to do that one. If you want to do the other one just let me know before Monday.

If Mark needs coaxing out of bed I can sit in your driveway and rev my engine. Or else we can get Ken to do burnouts up and down your street. :lol:lol:lol

A picnic sound like fun..... baba.gifburger.gif

I'm thinkin' the leaving at 8:00 would be best. ok.gif

:clap Good job setting this up Steve. Let me know if you need help making calls or anything.... palmas.gifok.gif You dee man!!!! yeah.gif

Andrew