• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• dewey

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UVETTYA
Steve can you prepare a list of stops for the group? We'll be in Tucson Friday night, so will meet the group someplace on the way Saturday morning, and I know that Dewey and any other southerners will need to meet us as well. Thanks again for putting this one together-it should be a lot of fun! :clap

M~

Stops? We don need no steenking stops!

J/K.

I was thinking of Picaccho Peak (there's a DQ there <snicker> and shopping at the gift shop) and then stopping somewhere for lunch in Tucson. Anyone have any suggestions for lunch in Tucson?

Steve

J/K.

I was thinking of Picaccho Peak (there's a DQ there <snicker> and shopping at the gift shop) and then stopping somewhere for lunch in Tucson. Anyone have any suggestions for lunch in Tucson?

Steve

Well...knowing this group...there's the one on Ina, just off the freeway (but a bit of a drive for me to get to), or the one about a mile away...corner of Wilmot and Tanque Verde.

hooters_3.jpg

What time is our tour?

J/K.

Steve

Well...knowing this group...there's the one on Ina, just off the freeway (but a bit of a drive for me to get to), or the one about a mile away...corner of Wilmot and Tanque Verde.

What time is our tour?

While Hooters is not my fave place, I'd vote for the one on Wilmot. Let me rattle some more ideas around though-what about Luke's Chicago Style? Is there still one on Alvernon, south of 22nd?

Just a thought....

M~

J/K.

Steve

What time is our tour?

While Hooters is not my fave place, I'd vote for the one on Wilmot. Let me rattle some more ideas around though-what about Luke's Chicago Style? Is there still one on Alvernon, south of 22nd?

Just a thought....

M~

I'll have to go look at that. I was over that way yesterday, but didn't get that far south.

Add us to the "somewhere besides Hooters" crowd!!!

:withstupid Seems every get together is around the two B's. We are getting more and more women involved and most don't appreciate the Hooters type atmosphere.

Add us to the "somewhere besides Hooters" crowd!!!

:withstupid Seems every get together is around the two B's. We are getting more and more women involved and most don't appreciate the Hooters type atmosphere.

Ya know, for me it's less the 'hooters' than the food-it just isn't that good (IMHO). And they don't serve liquor. Maybe if I had eye candy to take my mind off the food....

M~

What??? Am I chopped liver????? :D

Andrew

Ahem, you don't usually go in short shorts. :eek

M~

Ahem, you don't usually go in short shorts. :eek

M~

Ouch! We're all gonna have ta live with that image now :leaving

Ouch! We're all gonna have ta live with that image now :leaving

I won't even fire up photochop for this one, just thinking about it is .... :U

Guest UVETTYA

I don't make it to Tucson very often so I'm going to need some help with a restaurant. Preferrably not too far off our route, and big enough to accommodate 25 people. Anyone?

I don't make it to Tucson very often so I'm going to need some help with a restaurant. Preferrably not too far off our route, and big enough to accommodate 25 people. Anyone?

I'm on it Steve-

I am trying to think of places that are not chains we eat at here....

Bum Steer is a bar (think Minder Binder's for UofA) with pretty good food. 1910 N Stone, 85705

I know Bum Steer will have plenty of parking and room for us. The other two below are hit or miss with parking-they should be able to handle the people, tho. I can call if no one has experience with any of the locations or if we have a preference. I put addresses so you guys can google map and see distance from the 10.

Eegee's is a deli type place - 1758 E Irvington, 85714

Luke's is also a deli type place - 1615 S Alvernon 85711

Make your votes-oh, and the Steer is close enough to the U for co-ed girls, ya bunch of smut hounds. :huh

M~

Luke's is great! :thumbs

They have one here (16th St. and Indian School) and I hope the Tucson location has more parking.

Luke's is great! :thumbs

They have one here (16th St. and Indian School) and I hope the Tucson location has more parking.

I like Luke's a lot too-I jones for it every time I pass that one on Indian School...

I called and they said they can handle the 15 or so cars and that Sats are usually slower for them anyhow.

So, we need to make a decision. Deli food or bar food?

M~

Drove by Luke's this afternoon, looks like adequate parking, but how many folks are coming?

Eegee's is a chain, think Subway, Quizno's wannabe's.

Bum Steer, well, I'll go check that out sometime, just did a drive by on Luke's.

I'm open, doesn't really matter to me.

Also, happened to pass by Little Anthony's on the way home, saw folks lining up for the car show, so...if they stay true to form and have one Thanksgiving Weekend, then our jaunt is on the off-week.

Did find a neat little road to start driving on occasion, just off SR83, the Old Sonoita Hwy. It isn't long, but it sure is twisty. Then, if you want to go on down to Sonoita itself, that road gets interesting as well. I turned around about halfway.

I just got back from the Little Anthony's car show. Turns out, tonight was the last night show of the year. Next show is in two weeks, 10am-2pm.

BTW, handed out a couple cards, including one to Dick and his daughter, whose 76 won in the 70s category.

Yes, he got a card. :D

Looks like there are a pair of tickets available for this event. If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Steve

Steve,

I think we have a new member from Glenn's party that wants to go. he should be posting on here real soon...

And Luke's sounds good to us!!!

Victory Redster

Looks like there are a pair of tickets available for this event. If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Steve

Steve,

I think we have a new member from Glenn's party that wants to go. he should be posting on here real soon...

Yep, I am the new member Dave. I went on the Chino Valley run a while back with the group and the Caverns sound like fun. We had a torch red coupe. In a few days we'll have a victory red 07 vert. Count me and my wife Dorothy in.

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

Steve,

Yep, I am the new member Dave. I went on the Chino Valley run a while back with the group and the Caverns sound like fun. We had a torch red coupe. In a few days we'll have a victory red 07 vert. Count me and my wife Dorothy in.

OK great. :thumbs