ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Why on earth would you do that? She's the best looking grape on the planet! Posted ImagePosted Image

I might just have one more show left in me this year. Problem is I have to use my vacation time to do these.

10/29/11 at Thorobred Chev in Chandler. Its the ACC all chevy show and it draws a lot of vettes. They cut off the registration at 200 cars so you'd better call them and register ASAP if they still have room.

Might try to make this one if they have room and I can get the day off. I will check tomorrow. Never been to this one yet.

Why on earth would you do that? She's the best looking grape on the planet! Posted ImagePosted Image

I might just have one more show left in me this year. Problem is I have to use my vacation time to do these.

10/29/11 at Thorobred Chev in Chandler. Its the ACC all chevy show and it draws a lot of vettes. They cut off the registration at 200 cars so you'd better call them and register ASAP if they still have room.

Might try to make this one if they have room and I can get the day off. I will check tomorrow. Never been to this one yet.

Pretty good show. There's a separate class for each generation vette. Hope to see you there.

Just got email confirmation that Thorobred Thunder show does have some spots left. Mailing in my registration today and hope I can get the day off. Won't know til next week though when I get back to work.

I won't be able to make the Thorobred Thunder show, I have to be in Sierrs Vista on saturday to pick something up. I tried to switch things around, but no luck. Hopefully I can make the next one. Jerry

Today, 10/16/2011, was the first time we took the Vette to a show. I received 3rd place in the C4 stock class at the Sun Country Corvette Club's 13th annual October Vette Fest 2011.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess what? UPS just delivered my 3rd place plaque for C-5 Stock Class. Looks just like Jerry's. Due to the low volume on the PA I did not hear My name called. The cars name is the "White Knight" in honor of 72 men KIA in the Mekong Delta of the 114th Avn Co. There were four platoons. I flew Door Gunner on the White Knight Platoon. Our nose art was the Chess knight (have gun will travel) Hey Jerry, not too bad for a couple of country bumpkins. All ACEers that entered won something in their class. :ACE: I could not have done it without the "Yodesters" fine shine he gave "the knight".

Congrats you two, who would have thought that Ajo could have something good come from there... :lol

Great job! Hope to see the "Ajo Aceholes" at some other car shows in the future. :banannarainbow:

Congrats you two, who would have thought that Ajo could have something good come from there... :lol

Okay, just for that turn in your entry pass to the Bamboo Villiage. :edward:

Thorobred Thunder XII today. Got 2nd place C5's. Forgot camera at home so no pics. Sorry. I think there was another ACEhole winner today too.

Congratulations Mark!! His award should be the same as mine below. I was the other ACEhole with a win. #34 2nd Place C4s, Thorobred Thunder XII All Chevy Car Show, Chandler

post-1178-065157000 1319984579.jpg

Congrats to Mark and Larry! Posted Image You both should have won FIRST place in my opinion. Posted Image

Thanks, Bob, did you accomplish your goal for the day?

Congrats to Mark and Larry! Posted Image You both should have won FIRST place in my opinion. Posted Image

Great job guys! I wish I could have been there!

Jerry

Guest badbobs95

Well, not exactly. Posted Image I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Keep Blacky, sell Blacky, I'm leaning toward keeping her just for car shows but she'll never win first or second as long as you're around! Posted Image That's OK though. It's still fun to go to the shows. Someday you'll get a cold and not be able to attend! I can wait. Posted Image

Well, not exactly. Posted Image I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Keep Blacky, sell Blacky, I'm leaning toward keeping her just for car shows but she'll never win first or second as long as you're around! Posted Image That's OK though. It's still fun to go to the shows. Someday you'll get a cold and not be able to attend! I can wait. Posted Image

Well for what its worth, I thought you would get an award Saturday. I knew the guy with the red, white and blue paint with the American Eagle on his hood would win. Even though he hasn't done much else to the car other than the paint job, you cannot beat someone who turns his car into a patrioctic message. Each of us turn our cars into what we want them to be and that's the beauty of modifications. Good luck with the sale if that's what you REALLY want to do!

I was the other ACEhole.

Yup, that's it. Looks just like yours. Congrats to you too Larry. I really thought Bob would win something too.

Guest badbobs95

You guys are precious! But it's hard to compete with these people that have put tons of $ into their cars and all I've really done is make it look new and put some graphics on her. My only chance of winning anything is the concour judging at Chapman in February. Posted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...

#35 11/12/11 3rd Place, American Sports Car, 4th Annual Car Show, Black Canyon City, AZ

post-1178-006349100 1321144285.jpg

• 1 month later...

Probably in 2007 I participated in my first Silver State race. In the gathering for the welcome to Ely, NV I met the mayor and as the program was about to start he says, Well you know where you want to go after this?"

I replied, "No."

He stepped out into the street and pointed saying, "The Big Four is two blocks on the left and in cojunction with the other brothel they have a contest for the best car in the race, get up there and get your car entered. They have better awards than a Silver State trophy."

With that recommendation I had to go.

These are fun contests. Along the way I got a couple of third places but in Sept. 2010 I took first place. The prizes included a fifth of J&B Scotch, a hat, a shirt, a couple of shot glasses and other stuff useable at the presenting establishment.

picture of me and a couple of the girls. Oh, the car is in it too.

Posted Image

some of the girls with my favorite car, a '49 Studebaker looking like a Mexican police car with lights and siren.

Posted Image