• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

ACE logo not getting grayed out all the time after all threads have been read. Have to click it to make it go away.

I think it may have been my laptop. Working from the PC it seems fine. :( I hope this is not a sign that my less than 6 mo. old laptop is not developing problems. :xfinger

OK, it's doing it again...this time on the school's laptop. I've read all the threads in the For Sale section, but it's not greying out the ACE logo on the main page.

Are you using the browser back button, or the forum home page button? The back button uses cache to load the forum so it doesn't see that you just read the last thread. Next time it doesn't switch try reloading to see if the clears it...

Are you using the browser back button, or the forum home page button?

The back button uses cache to load the forum so it doesn't see that you just read the last thread.

Next time it doesn't switch try reloading to see if the clears it...

I never use the back button on the forum. I remember a long time ago that it caused problems or something. I always click the forum links below the banner in the white area.

wickedfastvette

OK, it's doing it again...this time on the school's laptop. I've read all the threads in the For Sale section, but it's not greying out the ACE logo on the main page.

Doing the same thing for me too.

I've been doing some research on it, so far I don't know what to do about it. I'm still looking for a fix. I haven't seen it happen on any of my puters yet!

Did someone mess with the banner? It's even narrower than it was.

Sean, Cherye, I've still not figured out why you two are having a problem with the sections show read. I've tried several browsers and settings and I can't duplicate the problem. Since it's just you two experiencing this, maybe it's a setting on your computer or something that isn't allowing it to update pages with each click. Rich, I'm still trying to figure out the members tab... aarrgghh!!

wickedfastvette

Its not a big deal to me, I still don't care for the layout is this the one we are sticking with and is there a way to get to the members area? You know where it lists all members years as members etc?

I saw one skin that was retro look, but I wasn't sure everything worked. I kind of like the new look, still not happy with the banner so thats still in the works, and I will continue to work on the bugs like the member tab...

Sean, Cherye, see if the forum grey's out the ACE icon now when you read all topics in a section...

I think it's been ok the last 2 days. May have been a minor glitch...I seem to remember one time yesterday or the day before...but can't remember for sure.

It's the Interpretation of HTML and other junk from the exploding mass communication browser upgrades from what I hear. My on line junk is funky a lot lately depending on who's using what.

I don't know what the hell Marco is talking about, but I'm going to use it as my excuse for the next problem that pops up!

Ok Sean,

I have enabled this feature....

Update Topic Views Immediately

If enabled, the topic views counter will be updated as one loads a topic. If not enabled, the topic views will be written to another table and the topic views updated every 3 hours.

If that doesn't help then the only thing it could be is.

Enable Topic Marking Tracking?If 'yes', IP.Board will manage your read topics in the database so that they are available on different computers.

Cookie Topic Marking: No unread query

When you turn "Topic Marking" off, cookies are used. A query is still run to determine the number of unread topics in a forum.

Right now Topic Marking is active, if you still see the problem let me know and I will try the Cookie Topic Marking which will rely on cookies on your machine to keep your read/unread status updated...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something odd. I went to change the text(verbage)in my "Signature" area and saved it, that's all I did, highlight and changed what it said and saved. HUH, it was all messed up after that. It didn't display my SIG pic anymore either and all the text was grayed out and displayed some html code. I fixed it, but it looks like either after doing the software update or the database rebuild the other day something has happened...well to mine anyway. The IMG tag looked odd as well so I had to go back to photobucket and copy the tag again and paste it and it was different than what was there previously in my SIG. Also had to redo all the text colors and styles before it would display properly. I think there's something going on with the old version and the new version when you make a change and then save it. Check it out and see if you see a difference, just rmember what you had before in case it messes up on you. Yep! I just looked at a few other SIGs and text and noticed the same thing, the text is gray. So if anyone makes a change or update to your SIG, you may have issues and will have to redo it all. Hope this helps anyone that may encounter this.

Tom, If you hadn't changed your sig since the upgrade then there was a difference from the old software to the new, several members had the same issue, Mark was one of them and even mine was screwy. Once you updated it there shouldn't be any other problems.