NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Forum Upgrade

1EvilC5

Has anyone tried the Facebook or Twitter features?

Do they work?

Yeah, they look like crap, with the IPBoard logo, not the ACE logo.

post-1402-053670300 1281481516.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

Why doesn't the 2 symbols "Remove Friend" and "PM This Member" not show up under my avatar like everyone elses?

Why doesn't the 2 symbols "Remove Friend" and "PM This Member" not show up under my avatar like everyone elses?

It is because it is your own profile. I do not have them on mine when I look at my own profile.

It is because it is your own profile. I do not have them on mine when I look at my own profile.

Thanks Phil.......PHIL IS GOOD....makes sense as I don't need to PM myself or drop myself as a friend. Or do I?

Both work and home seem slow. Not mind numbing slow...but just slower than usual.

Slow most of the time. quick every so often

wickedfastvette
Ok I hate to complain because I know you guys are working really hard on this, but to me the layout and that doesn't include the banner, seems cold, dull and lifeless. Just seems to be missing something it looks very generic.

Ok I hate to complain because I know you guys are working really hard on this, but to me the layout and that doesn't include the banner, seems cold, dull and lifeless. Just seems to be missing something it looks very generic.

Short of the banner the colors seem washed out. A lot of light blue, gray, light green and light purple. We need some color!

wickedfastvette

I liked the bullet style in the light skins, but it looks like you have to buy that one

Anyone experiencing (wicked) slow response today? I've seen up to 34 seconds on refresh of "View New Content" and others. Is it done "refreshing" yet? (yawn)

It's been slow off and on this morning. It drags for about an hour and then it's fine for awhile. Not consistently slow.

It's been slow off and on this morning. It drags for about an hour and then it's fine for awhile. Not consistently slow.

Mine has been extremely slow today all morning. Sean, Dial-up would be blazing speed right now...Yawn. :facepalm: It's just this site, all the others are working fine. Did we pay the server bill? :P

We have not made any changes to the software. It must be the server itself with traffic to the other sites that are hosted along with us. Keep letting us know if you are experiencing issues with the software besides slowness/speed.

I am missing something. On the top it has a Tab marked Forum, one for Members, and one for the Calendar. When I click on Members I only get the list of members currently logged in. I am not finding the link to see ALL members. ??

I am missing something. On the top it has a Tab marked Forum, one for Members, and one for the Calendar. When I click on Members I only get the list of members currently logged in. I am not finding the link to see ALL members. ??

Rich, I'll look into this real soon!!

Heres a link to some skins, let's pick something out!

http://community.inv...gory/110-skins/

Cherye is the only one so far to suggest a new skin.. anyone else want to look ???

I looked but there wasn't really anything too thrilling. My only complaint is with all the light color and the white background it looks washed out.

The problem is I could spend weeks trying to figure out each little piece to change, skinning is a learned art There are 100's of lines to edit in the script for each facet of the forum .... I can upload and initiate a skin in minutes, and I really don't have the brain cells left in my skull to try to learn skinning.

I moved all the banner replies to Tom's thread in Off Topic here ---> Hey! A New Forum Look!

Let's keep this thread on topic with the software features and problems. Anyone else like a different skin?

Cherye is the only one so far to suggest a new skin.. anyone else want to look ???

I'll speak up... I'm a fan of the darker skins. E.g. Battlegear, Skilltest, etc. I run all my browsers, MS Office crap, desktops, etc... with black or dark gray gradient skins and either blue or light gray/white text. It's easy on the eyes.

:2cents

I'll speak up... I'm a fan of the darker skins. E.g. Battlegear, Skilltest, etc. I run all my browsers, MS Office crap, desktops, etc... with black or dark gray gradient skins and either blue or light gray/white text. It's easy on the eyes.

:2cents

Since Chad took the time to research I went back and looked. I think the Battlegear gets my vote, I'm not fond of the turquise color in Skilltest. Chad is 100% on when he says it's easier to read. I have trouble with the light colored print on a white background. Battlegear doesn't look so washed out and generic.