• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

I just checked it on my BB and first impression was that it took additional clicks to actually read a thread but what I did like was no signature pics (like Cales) don't show so it seems quicker loading. Also a little cleaner appearance that seems to fit the BB screen better.

Gee thanks for the constructive input Temmha

Just startin to finger it out...plz stand by...

Oh crap, Chad just found the built in forum spell checker. There goes the fun time trying to decipher his posts.

This is the SPOILER BUTTON...

I dare ya to click on it....

...sucker

Posted Image

12"

sweet I just added a line in the post

You asked for "input" so here goes (this is intended to be constructive, so please view from that perspective. . .)

There used to be a button for "back to the top" on every single post, now there is only one link at the bottom. This is less convenient.

The question I have is where did you go next after going to the top of the thread? The reason I ask, is I usually go back to the forum home page and I noticed there is a new link on the bottom that takes you back to the main page. The other new link is "View New Content" which I like.

When I went to the top, the next thing I usually did was click the "view new posts" button in the upper right corner of the screen. The "View New Content" we have now isn't a new function, it just has a new name. . .(but it is the function I probably use the most, and I do like it).

The screens seem to be kind of "washed out" looking to me; too much white and not much color to the screens. Except for the identification bar on the top of quotes is blue if the person being quoted is male, and pink if the person being quoted is female. How cute. Not. :smilelol

Just now, as I tried to preview this before posting, I got an error that the webpage had expired. The "back" button brought me back into my post, but the paragraph above (the last thing I typed) had disappeared so I had to type it over again. Grrrrr.

BTW, my browser is IE7. Thanks for listening. I know this transition must be a big PITA for all the admins!

Donna, upgrade to IE8 now. there is a nasty mail-ware/virus in the wild right now and IE7 was the "windows Melnimumnmnmnmnm" of bill gates. thank you . your charming, obnoxious IT guy. cahd (added now to my Spell check dictionary)

The screens seem to be kind of "washed out" looking to me; too much white and not much color to the screens. Except for the identification bar on the top of quotes is blue if the person being quoted is male, and pink if the person being quoted is female. How cute. Not. :smilelol

That's so when some of the clowns reply(not me though) they use a little more respect??? :smilelol:smilelol

Donna, upgrade to IE8 now.

there is a nasty mail-ware/virus in the wild right now and IE7 was the "windows Melnimumnmnmnmnm" of bill gates.

thank you .

your charming, obnoxious IT guy.

cahd (added now to my Spell check dictionary)

cahd, you know you are my very favorite obnoxiously charming IT guy, and I appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, I am unable to upgrade my IE because this is my work computer, and I am forbidden by our IT security nazis to change anything. You'd think they would be aware of such nasties in the wild and step in to take protective action. Of course, thinking would be the operative word here, and something they apparently don't do very much. They seem to mostly spend a lot of time preventing employees from getting their work done. On the bright side, if/when this computer contracts something nasty and dies, I won't have to pay for it. . .

How bout a divider between pinned and regular topix

:agree

Hows that?

all I had to do was go into the forumindextemplate and move this...

<tr class='header'>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_icon'>&nbsp;</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_topic'>{$this->lang->words['forum_topic']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_starter short'>{$this->lang->words['forum_started_by']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_views stats'>{$this->lang->words['forum_stats']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_post'>{$this->lang->words['forum_last_post_info']}</th>

<if test="topicsismod:|:$this->memberData['is_mod'] == 1">

<th scope='col' class='col_f_mod short'> <input type='checkbox' id='tmod_all' class='input_check' title='{$this->lang->words['topic_select_all']}' value='1' /> </th>

</if>

</tr>

Then further down I have to insert this...

<if test="!$this->subHeadShow">

<tr class='subhead altbar'>

<th scope='col' colspan='<if test="endannouncements:|:$this->memberData['is_mod'] == 1">6<else />5</if>'>

<if test="$data['pinned']">

Important Topics

<else />

Forum Topics

</if>

</th>

</tr>

<tr class='header2'>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_starter short'>{$this->lang->words['forum_started_by']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_views stats'>{$this->lang->words['forum_stats']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_post'>{$this->lang->words['forum_last_post_info']}</th>

<th scope='col' class='col_f_mod short'> <input type='checkbox' id='tmod_all' class='input_check' title='{$this->lang->words['topic_select_all']}' value='1' /> </th>

</if>

</tr>

<if test="$this->subHeadShow=1"> </if>

</if>

<if test="$data['pinned']">

<if test="$this->hasPinned=1"> </if>

<else />

<if test="$this->hasPinned">

<if test="$this->hasPinned=0"> </if>

<tr class='subhead altbar'>

<if test="$this->memberData['is_mod'] == 1">

<th scope='col' colspan='6'>

<else />

<th scope='col' colspan='5'>

</if>

Forum Topics

</th>

</tr>

<tr class='header2'>

</if>

</tr>

</if>

</if>

And TADAA!!! see, simple huh?

Now my head hurts!

You gotta laugh when going through a few thousand lines of code and this is stuck in the middle.... /* oops, return something to not break the query */ return '1=1'; }

What about a pop-up window when you get a new "PM" ? When it only puts a number next to "you" in the upper right corner I think some will miss PM's for a while.

wickedfastvette

How do we know who the moderators are for certain sections, its not marked anymore.

...... Unfortunately, I am unable to upgrade my IE because this is my work computer, and I am forbidden by our IT security nazis to change anything. You'd think they would be aware of such nasties in the wild and step in to take protective action. Of course, thinking would be the operative word here, and something they apparently don't do very much. They seem to mostly spend a lot of time preventing employees from getting their work done. .......

wow. Well that makes me feel better. I know with IT people like that out there, I can always get new clients.