Forum Upgrade

1EvilC5

My name in the upper right hand corner covers up the last of the word Enthusias

You might need to buy a bigger screen to show the rest of Enthusiasts.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

Marana Rich

I see many replies under one entry, but it no longer shows who wrote each response?

Thanks Phil.

I noticed since the upgrade the response has been significantly slower. I thought it may have been my computer at home, but at work this afternoon really slow in response and loading new pages.

While viewing "View New Content" it only goes from the last time I visited? What if I want to see something like a day ago, but don't know the subject? My name in the upper right hand corner covers up the last of the word Enthusias

Colors seem drab. Is there an option to change the borders, etc?

Rich, the reason it is slow at work is you are suppose to be WORKING. The colors to me are fine perhaps it's time for new glasses. Just saying......... :lol:lol:lol

Since I am the EFN BOSS, I decide when I do what. (Hope the boss don't see this)

Rich I see boxes with colors around each of the quotes above, do you?

Now I do. More of Phil's magic. Phil is good :partydance:

Earlier today in the PMs to Dwayne I asked about why it was sooo slow, I thought it was just me becasue nobody had mentioned it, but mine has been rather slow for a few days now. Other forums and sites are working just fine, so it may be the server. I haven't had any errors though. :) Some of the features are ok and it takes time to sort out where stuff is now and what's good or not.

I see many replies under one entry, but it no longer shows who wrote each response?

Thanks Phil.

I noticed since the upgrade the response has been significantly slower. I thought it may have been my computer at home, but at work this afternoon really slow in response and loading new pages.

While viewing "View New Content" it only goes from the last time I visited? What if I want to see something like a day ago, but don't know the subject? My name in the upper right hand corner covers up the last of the word Enthusias

Rich, the reason it is slow at work is you are suppose to be WORKING. The colors to me are fine perhaps it's time for new glasses. Just saying......... :lol:lol:lol

Since I am the EFN BOSS, I decide when I do what. (Hope the boss don't see this)

I think what you were seeing Rich is older quoted threads before the upgrade. I may be wrong, but I think all newer posts will be like this one and older ones under the old software may be glitchy. I'm sure Chad could prove or disprove my theory though. :lol

Thanks Phil.

I think what you were seeing Rich is older quoted threads before the upgrade. I may be wrong, but I think all newer posts will be like this one and older ones under the old software may be glitchy. I'm sure Chad could prove or disprove my theory though. :lol

I have nogthing to add. I just wanted to annoy Ted.

Thanks Phil.

I have nogthing to add. I just wanted to annoy Ted.

Can I get in on this? We had an "annoy Ted thread" once, it's time for another one I think!

I have a couple of problems/questions with the new forum. 1) When I reply to a PM, I can't see the text of the original message while I am writing my reply. Is there a setting somewhere I can adjust to change this? 2) In the PMs and when replying to a thread, several times now I have got a message "web page has expired." I am able to use the "back" arrow to get back to the reply page, but everything I've written is gone. This is really irritating. . . :banghead Is anyone else having this stuff happen?

Donna, If you want the text quoted old style in your pm's or replies then use the "Reply" button in the blue bar below the person you want to quote. Use the "Add Reply" button for the full reply window without a quote. Or just click in the fast reply box... Hopefully we are running faster today and you won't see any page load errors, it's not the new software.

Is there a legend that shows what all the icons mean to the left of the "Topics" on the forum main page? Most forums have that displayed on the bottom somewhere, jus wondering. If it's one of those frills that may slow things down, then don't display it.:thankyou:

When I use my phone browser, the software seems to automatically give me a mobile version of the site with fewer graphics and buttons. I kinda liked having the full website available on the phone. Is there a way to be able to choose which version I see on my phone browser?

Tom, the icons on the main page are: Black ACE icon = new posts/threads Grey ACE icon = no new posts/threads The basement I haven't changed yet. Each section has a legend on the bottom right, and I hope to be changing some of those to a smaller ACE icon soon. Ted, I'll look into it and let you know... :Orange:

Tom, the icons on the main page are:

Black ACE icon = new posts/threads

Grey ACE icon = no new posts/threads

The basement I haven't changed yet.

Each section has a legend on the bottom right, and I hope to be changing some of those to a smaller ACE icon soon.

Ted, I'll look into it and let you know...

:Orange:

Hmmm. I guess you're not so bad, then.

Also, I've been cleaning up the scripts, hope it helps some... I have noticed the server load jumping around and going way up at times, I'm submitting a ticket to have it looked at.

Guest azz061

not a fan of the color. hard for me to read some items because i am color blind! Darker the colors and out line the better.

Dwayne and I were monitoring the speeds this morning and made changes to the forum. Dwayne was going to submit a trouble ticket to our server host to also monitor the traffic that could be slowing down the server we are on. Time will tell.

Dwayne and I were monitoring the speeds this morning and made changes to the forum.

Dwayne was going to submit a trouble ticket to our server host to also monitor the traffic that could be slowing down the server we are on.

Time will tell.

Mine is ok today.

What? Where am I?? I guess I am in the right place. Been looking all morning and can't seem to find the place to vote for Corvette of the month. Where did it go?. starting to get used to this new stuff....I think