• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

I, of course, would prefer one of the darker red options. Too much pastel in the current set up . Save it for Easter.

Another quirk. When I visit the website, I usually click on View New Content, so I only see the latest posts. I noticed today that when I originally clicked on it, I had MANY posts. As I read each post, it disappears from the list when I return to the View New Content. I think the old version kept them visible. I think I would also like to keep them visible. Options? Also, after I made this post, when I returned to view New Content, it does not show up? I found the answer. It is an option under My Settings. View ALL posts since last visit or View Unread Posts since last visit

Me likie. Put a new banner on it, a few other small quirks to be fixed and we're rockin...........

When you click on the search drop down in the upper right, it just shows a white box. Looking better, don't like the way the notification icons look, liked the ace logos better. But the background is nicer.

From one forum moderator to another, these colors have too much contrast. All white on dark colors is had on the eyes. and the pages at the bottom of the page is all white.... I hate the new colors...

From one forum moderator to another, these colors have too much contrast. All white on dark colors is had on the eyes. and the pages at the bottom of the page is all white....

I hate the new colors...

I have to agree. :withstupid

I hate this dark crap!!!! I do love the mobile app though. Saw the dark stuff just before I had to run out of the house. :U

I think the darker color background with white lettering is easier to read. When I replied to this thread, the reply screen opened up BRIGHT WHITE. My retinas are burned now. . . I agree with Tom that some of the sigs don't look as good. Also, some of the emoticons look a litle odd on the dark background. Overall though, I think I prefer this darker version.

The dark is much easier to read and I think looks less generic, but I think there may be a happy medium that would please the masses. I'll keep looking.

I like the lighter skin MUCH better. Not saying something else wouldn't be better, but that darker one made me think I was in a cave. Was glad when I had to leave and not look at it anymore. Made feel like not even looking at all anymore. :U Ok, that may make some happy :lol but just plain AWFUL. :2cents

Meh.. can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I found another semi-transparent & gradient that might look nice: [Dark section] Warrior

..or a middle-of-the road lights & darks: [Professional section] Silver Night

Some of the "Demo" links off the IPBoard skin pages have a bit better look than just looking at the thumbnail.

The Pro Magnetic isn't bad, but the carbon-fiber wanna-be background is a bit obnoxious: [Professional section] Pro Magnetic

This one is also very appealing. This was off the Inspire skin, but the colors are darker on the "See it Live" link. Good lookin' blue base with nice gradients and grays: Orignal Inspire LIVE Inspire

The more I dig... the more I like the LIVE Inspire, or the "APLITEXDark", or whatever they call it.

We're running a 3.1 board release, correct?

The contrast is good but not too strong like the other dark skin. I like it! :thumbs

Yikes... this poop on diarrhea theme isn't doing much for me. :smilelol White text on these light gray reply/quote/multiquote buttons is impossible to read. I dig the general idea, tho. Darker over whiter.

I just looked at the skins Phil loaded, not a fan of dark, I can see the current version just fine (white pages) Unfortunately about 90% of our icons and sigs are set for a lighter color forum, if we go dark I can't guarantee the smilies will get updated for a while. I can work on darkening the text on this version if it will help you blind people see it better....

How about something like the CF forum...like this maybe? It looks like the text area is a slightly off white shade which is ok on the eyes.

Posted Image

Ok, I edited the styles sheet to make the background of threads an off white.. is that better????