Forum Upgrade

1EvilC5

The forum will be upgrade to the newest version today. We already experienced a technical issue :ken: during the first install but have restored from back up. We will attempt again and hopefully it will be successful. Keep your fingers crossed. Phil...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• 1EvilC5

OK we have completed the upgrade to version 3.1.2. Now to become familar with it. Please let us know on this post if you are having any issues with the new version. Thanks for your patience. Phil

Looks like all you need to do is click in the box to quick reply. I'm still exploring the new features, and will be updating the skin as I can get to it.

Hey Sean... what do you see on the very bottom left of the forums... ??? I tried to add that "to the top" link for a year now.

I see you can add other languages. I think we ought to have the option of Spanish..... okay, I'll leave it alone :leaving

Shut up Eddie.. :lol BTW, the new PM system now threads your PM's when you reply several times to each other, but it only counts as 1 PM as long as the title stays the same. (I think)

it tok me liKe and hourto find out I wsa stil hear, i Hope there wilbe some instruksions to sgo with the nwe luk.

Posted Image

What the heck! I thought I clicked on the wrong link, Except it says Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts. So I guess I'm in the right place.

What the heck! I thought I clicked on the wrong link, Except it says Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts. So I guess I'm in the right place.

Mom and Dad moved and didn't tell us again! :lol

We trashed the forum so now no one knows how to use it... And we couldn't get rid of 2thoth?

Well we didn't know the big move up to the 3.0 series would be so drastic...

There is that "Back-to-the-Top" link. But I'm torn if I like this or not. Everything looks out of order. :huh

It is alot easier to get around and more features then the old one. I do not like the colors, I think that it is harder to read some things on here. We will continue to discover what this new software can do. Keep the input coming everyone

I'm adding the ACE logo as the "Read and Unread icons

Posted Image

What color do you guys want.

RED = Unread threads

Blue = read

Or red and light read (faded)

The original was a dark blue folder for unread, Grey folder for read.

You asked for "input" so here goes (this is intended to be constructive, so please view from that perspective. . .) There used to be a button for "back to the top" on every single post, now there is only one link at the bottom. This is less convenient. In my profile there is a section called "previous fields" and the content of those fields is out of alignment with the labels of the fields. I have several PMs that are fairly new to which I have not yet replied, but they have a red X in front of them and I can't reply. It says those conversations have been "deleted" even though the messages are there and I can read them. My gender has been changed to not saying, and I can't find where to fix it. Did I have a sex change and no one told me? Michael will not be happy. . . :smilelol The previous version allowed tracking of a message to see if it had been read. This feature apparently no longer exists? So far, I am not liking this upgrade. I guess I'll adjust, since I have no choice. . . :banghead

Well I fixed your gender, it even has a little pink thingy with it... :lol There never was a back to the top link, that was one of Sean's complaints with the old software.

I'm not unhappy with the changes, just gotta get used to them. I can tell you now though that I can upload files, the Basement will suddenly become more active.

If you try to start fresh by using the feature "mark board as read", you get an error message. Or at least I do.

I just clicked it and it worked here, now I have no idea what I have read and what I haven't ... :lol Please list the browser everyone is using so I don't have to check them all for each error. IE version Mozilla Firefox Chrome any others

Well I fixed your gender, it even has a little pink thingy with it... :lol

There never was a back to the top link, that was one of Sean's complaints with the old software.

There was a back to the top button on each post within a thread.

Ted, Bottom of the forum. Anyone tried this on their phone? or mobile device yet?

You asked for "input" so here goes (this is intended to be constructive, so please view from that perspective. . .)

There used to be a button for "back to the top" on every single post, now there is only one link at the bottom. This is less convenient.

The question I have is where did you go next after going to the top of the thread? The reason I ask, is I usually go back to the forum home page and I noticed there is a new link on the bottom that takes you back to the main page. The other new link is "View New Content" which I like.