• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

• FNBADAZ06

Yeah, I wanted to be able to work on the thing and wrestle with it without worrying about the body work, so I took that crap off. You guys don't babysit by any chance, do ya? I would love to be able to park my '68 Z someplace safe so I don't have to do this all outside.

Damn, bud...if the garage wasn't jammed pack with crap you could've parked the 68 in my garage.

I saw this guy's post on the big board regarding their TT install......almost seems like cheating in the way the did their install :smilelol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn, bud...if the garage wasn't jammed pack with crap you could've parked the 68 in my garage.

I saw this guy's post on the big board regarding their TT install......almost seems like cheating in the way the did their install :smilelol

That is the way to do it, if you have the means. Unfortunately, I do not. :smilelol

So we will do it the old-fashioned way.

Yeah, I wanted to be able to work on the thing and wrestle with it without worrying about the body work, so I took that crap off.

You guys don't babysit by any chance, do ya? I would love to be able to park my '68 Z someplace safe so I don't have to do this all outside.

haha I dont blame you, Id do the same on that kind of job. Storing a car at the shop would be something you would have to discuss with Dave. I can run it by him when he returns back in town.

Thats pretty much how I did it on that TT blue C6Z I did when I was at Xtreme.

Hit a little snag. The bellhousing that was supposed to ship before the holidays has not yet left the warehouse. So I am ready to go, but am going to wait to tear the engine out until I know for certain the bellhousing is in-bound. Ted stopped by for a few minutes yesterday and was able to get a glimpse of the new turbos and the LSX block. Man, I am so ready to install this engine.

I wanna see it !!!!!! :banannarainbow: Maybe I can ride in the back of Ted's police car next time he goes over :thumbs

Hit another snag. The hoist I purchased under the assurance it would work has a boom that is about a foot short. Thus, the engine is 100% ready to come out, but is still in the car. Over 6 hours of productivity lost today. Going to try to buy/rent one tomorrow and try again.

I rented a hoist and snatched the original engine this morning.

Posted Image

Got the new blow-proof bellhousing and super duper boost engine in, and the brand new straight from Katech LS9 slave leaks :facepalm:

Additionally, when the engine came back out to investigate the leak, one of the clutch diaphragm fingers was bent. At that point, I seriously thought about selling it to the first schlep that showed up with 20 bucks. Kind of a blessing in disguise that I caught the problem with the pressure plate because of the leak, but still a pain in the ass.

The good news is, the old engine is out and is in great shape.

I will be listing it for sale on eBay tomorrow. I'll order new parts, but this time, I am going to drop the rear, like I was doing a clutch, install the engine, and then reinstall the drivetrain. Trying to jostle the new engine and line everything up with just me, myself, and I proved to just be too great of a challenge. Working with that twin disc was enough to make me eat a bullet.

I have it figured out now, though. I will get it next time....

There is a slight delay, but stay tuned....

Post Proelia Praemia

I rented a hoist and snatched the original engine this morning.

Posted Image

Post Proelia Praemia

......right click, save as.

Awesome man! :thumbs

Awesome work and good find! :clap When will you be cleaning your engine bay, it seems to have some debris in there! :lol

Awesome work and good find! :clap When will you be cleaning your engine bay, it seems to have some debris in there! :lol

..yea looks likes omeone is taking a dump in there.

Nice...two dirty thumbs up??

Great shot Parker! :thumbs

I was taking a huge shit on that clapped out slave cylinder

Yeah, not only is the debris dirty, it's stinky, too!