NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Parts for El Superbeasto Starting to Arrive

Two Fangs

Nice...two dirty thumbs up??

Great shot Parker! :thumbs

Two greasy thumbs up.

Had I known what the day was going to bring, they would have been greasy thumbs down.

But, alas, tomorrow is another day....

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

• FNBADAZ06

I would like to get 6500 for it. It is complete from throttle body to oil pan. It even comes with the fuel rail, injectors, coils and plug wires. The only thing you don't get with it are the sensors.

• 2 weeks later...

The original engine is gone. The new engine is in, and now the fuel tanks are out. :facepalm: I am working on installing the E85 fuel system. I may have a couple of photos to add tomorrow.

I know, I know :picsstfu: Sorry, sorry crazy day. :willy Helping the kid with a science project. :nerd: I will get the pics up soon, promise

Helping the kid with a science project. :nerd:

is it a volcano Peter Brady?????

It is a DNA helix. What a pain in the ass.

Helping the kid with a science project. :nerd:

is it a volcano Peter Brady?????

It is a DNA helix. What a pain in the ass.

...only if you are building it to scale!

:popcorn:

It's a double helix, not that it matters.

Yep, it is. And it does matter to him, go figure....

I also meandered out to the East side of the world this morning and met up with Steve at Loud Pedal Motorsports and gave him a small deposit on some go-fast goodness. It was my first visit to the shop, and while I could not stay for a grand tour, I was very impressed.

It's a spiffy shop.

I don't think it is really a shop...it's more like Jay Leno's Dark Side man cave.

:Jake:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update.

Despite the fact that I had my heart set on a sheet metal intake, I could not discount the increased IATs and outrageous expense and lead time.

I therefore begrudgingly went with a FAST intake, but lo and behold, with removable runners and a distinct top and bottom section, I was able to modify the runners to an acceptable length, which increased my plenum volume to an acceptable level.

A girl has to keep some secrets, so there are no further pictures or expalnations of the modifications done, but a keen eye ought to see a couple of nifty things in this pic.

Posted Image

I am currently on parts hold waiting on some stuff from a buddy in Australia, but hope to be back in the build soon!

As an added note, the intake and TB you see in these pics came from the fine folks at LPM who offered great service at an outstanding price. I have been using the same parts suppliers from my old Houston neighborhood for the past 20 years. I am happy to say I have found a supplier in the valley that does the job just as well.

Sweet...in your esteemed estimation, to what degree could a metal intake have on IAT's? I believe I just read somewhere on here that heak soak is a myth. Interested in your thoughts.