• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

• FNBADAZ06

Tease.

Go back a page, there is an update, LOL

I know. I said tease because you mention covering the valvetrain geometry, but might leave us hanging! :lol

Nice job on the pan porting, never seen that done. Regarding the intake, no way you go with the stocker. The FAST manifolds don't interest you?

If I was N/A, I would certainly be looking at the FAST. I just have not seen anything that shows me it is best FI solution going. Even on the big boards there are reputable companies telling folks to spend their money on things other than the FAST if you are going FI. It is a tough decision. I am monitoring and weighing the options very carefully. ***EDIT*** You are really interested in a valvetrain geometry lesson? LOL, If you are I will write it up. I just figured most folks could really give a rat's ass. :lol

If I was N/A, I would certainly be looking at the FAST. I just have not seen anything that shows me it is best FI solution going. Even on the big boards there are reputable companies telling folks to spend their money on things other than the FAST if you are going FI.

It is a tough decision. I am monitoring and weighing the options very carefully.

***EDIT*** You are really interested in a valvetrain geometry lesson? LOL, If you are I will write it up. I just figured most folks could really give a rat's ass. :lol

Bravo, buddy !!!! :clap

Valvetrain geometry.....the current hot topic on the big board C6 Z06 section because of the valve failure and guide wear debates :banghead

I think it's definetly worth while if you have the time and desire to write that one up....it's one of the most overlooked aspects when people put in big(ger) cams without consideration to the rest of the valvetrain. Most seem to think you only need to put in better (stronger) valve springs to control float.....sheesh :facepalm:

Folks may not give a rat's ass, but I've got my asbestos underwear cleaned of bacon strips...and my mind is like a sponge; mostly empty space but absorbant. Don't go writing War and Peace, but this thread is most excellent and any technical knowledge you wanna share is both fascinating and encouraged. :yourock:

If I was N/A, I would certainly be looking at the FAST. I just have not seen anything that shows me it is best FI solution going. Even on the big boards there are reputable companies telling folks to spend their money on things other than the FAST if you are going FI.

It is a tough decision. I am monitoring and weighing the options very carefully.

***EDIT*** You are really interested in a valvetrain geometry lesson? LOL, If you are I will write it up. I just figured most folks could really give a rat's ass. :lol

Even if some people will never see the inside of an engine, they still like to see "How Stuff Works". I could also use an update to the latest information, as it's been a few years since I last built a race motor.

Typically yes. Many of the traits that make longer runners good for NA can hurt FI. This has to do with port flow and filling characteristics that become more important in FI when compared to tuning the runner to the 2nd or 3rd order reflection pulse for maximum NA power.

That looks cool as hell. But I thought that a 90* turn for the air wasn't good...but I guess when your pushing it in there and presurizing it in essence it's not a bad thing. :lol

Wow, will that clear a stock hood? Does it have a different plenum volume? You're looking for larger plenum volume with FI right?

Sean - There is really not a large amount of turning of the air. With the plenum packed, it is pretty much a straight shot down the runners. Dean - Yeah, larger plenums do well with FI. I am not sure of the volume of this unit, but it looks promising. It is going to heat soak like crazy, though. If I was not running meth, I'd buy a FAST and modify the runners. It supposedly clears a stock hood.

• 3 months later...
:funnypost: I know, what is it with that guy? It wasn't like he had his hands full working or anything :LolLol: I'll be taking pics as time allows. Gonna try and get the current one out tomorrow or Wednesday.