NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Parts for El Superbeasto Starting to Arrive

Two Fangs

Sweet...in your esteemed estimation, to what degree could a metal intake have on IAT's?

I believe I just read somewhere on here that heak soak is a myth. Interested in your thoughts.

It really depends, but saying that an intake manifold that conducts heat as well as aluminum has no bearing on heating the air going through it is like saying a space heater won't work because the air passes by the heating coil too fast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

• FNBADAZ06

One of them controls the fuel pump speed, so that it does not burn itself up by trying to cavitate during low fuel demands. The other is a nifty little device engineered by the late, great Lingenfelter that, in conjunction with a signal splitter, takes the front wheel speed and translates it into a gear position signal for the boost controller. The boost controller, which I will show off in the next few days, changes the amount of boost the turbos produce depending on the gear the car is in and engine RPM.

Hell yes !!!!!! :partydance: Quick question.......I've read several post on Cf regarding the MSD coils and their high failure rate. Any truth ? :popcorn:

We are going to find out. Apparently, the issues they had with epoxy breakdown were identified and repaired a few years ago. I wanted the highest output coil I could afford, and these were the ones. If they don't work, LS7 coils nare easy enough to find.

We are going to find out.

Apparently, the issues they had with epoxy breakdown were identified and repaired a few years ago. I wanted the highest output coil I could afford, and these were the ones.

If they don't work, LS7 coils nare easy enough to find.

I liked them strictly from a cosmetic point of view.....I like the red coil packs :smilelol

The red does look racy, you gotta admit, LOL. The whole thing is getting close, most things that are left are due in this week, Jet Hot, mainly. Then a couple of busy weekends, and then finally, completion. I had been preparing a multi-part dissertation regarding the build, but then decided to not do it. Instead, I think I am going to discuss how you develop a build based on parts that make up the whole. Everything from selecting a bore and stroke combination up through the heads, cam and exhaust. Be looking for that when I again have some free time.

on heat soak:

On initial build Duster ran a 6-pac w/fenderwell headers under a 6-pac scooped 'glas hood.

If it was a warm day and I ran to the store, comin back out a few minutes later to fire it up was problematic.

Underhood heat would vaporize the fuel in the log and lines very well.

Fuel vapor displaced too much oxygen ..she would not fire until she got enough oxygen, and even then it took awhile to get all eight cylinders in harmony.

I had to solve that problem before takin her to the races so I did a bit of research.

A cork lined cool can fulla ice solved it.

Kept the fuel temps low enough that it did not vaporize in the lines enough to cause a problem.

Taken before the cool can ..first day she fired up :)

Posted Image

Later, when I switched up to a tunnel ram with the carbs up in the airstream, there was no need for the cool can.

Posted Image

(note the Model A horn . . required)

-Frank aka GE :)

• 3 weeks later...

She's ALIVE!!!

Hey, what are you doing Easter Sunday? I'll be right around the corner from ya and would love to see it. :yesnod

I have some stuff to do, will be putting the fenders and hood back on it, and probably doing a little fine tuning. I also have to align and tighten the exhaust tips. Come on by if you want.

PM me your addy...I know it's right around the corner and can walk...just can't remember what street.