NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

For sale: EVERYTHING

Ted Y

Now those sound like good constructive ideas. I'm not too keen on charging a vendor. I'm not sure we have the resources to even attempt that nor have knowledge of the legality of it all. After all, ACE is not a business itself. I definitely think that if ACE is going in the direction of letting vendors post, they need a separate section and that is the ONLY place they are allowed to post their wares. Mark, there was no thread indicating me becoming a global mod. Hell, I didn't even know until I saw "extra" stuff in my window. I asked Dawg what the hell it was and he said, "Oh yeah, BTW..." :lol More power to you guys wanting to step up and moderate a vendor section. :clap

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

I volunteered a few years ago to mod the for sale section then the mod was changed to bigfoot since it may have been a conflict with LPM which was the right thing to do. I will volunteer to mod a new section to help out and do my part again, no problem. Maybe we can sctrach a few ideas together at the fathers day gig at Sonic this Friday

Great idea Mark. We gotta deal with this before it kills us. I think if the AZ minds (as in the folk from AZ) get together and don't play "personalities" everything will work out to everyone's liking.

Guest LOUDMIKE

I think you all have great ideas. I dont know what to say. Just want someone to come cut these chains off. I wanna go home!! Are we going fast again??

wickedfastvette

I think you all have great ideas. I dont know what to say. Just want someone to come cut these chains off. I wanna go home!! Are we going fast again??

So your sayin Dave chains you up...................

Guest LOUDMIKE

So your sayin Dave chains you up...................

Yes I am !!!

I like the idea of a separate section for advertising threads. I think the present group of moderators can keep any stray advertising moved into the appropriate section. People can avoid the whole section if they like. You never know when you'll need a service provided by a member. I would just say no bashing between vendors in the threads.

I like the idea of a separate section for advertising threads. I think the present group of moderators can keep any stray advertising moved into the appropriate section. People can avoid the whole section if they like. You never know when you'll need a service provided by a member.

I would just say no bashing between vendors in the threads.

I agree Ted. True professionals never "bash" their competition. Competition is, and always has been, the best thing for any business.

I like the idea of a separate section for advertising threads. I think the present group of moderators can keep any stray advertising moved into the appropriate section. People can avoid the whole section if they like. You never know when you'll need a service provided by a member.

I would just say no bashing between vendors in the threads.

I agree Ted. True professionals never "bash" their competition. Competition is, and always has been, the best thing for any business.

You suck!

:)

You suck!

:)

I don't, but know someone that does............... :lol:lol Now go back to your box of donuts.

John sucks and Dave chains people up..................what is this forum coming to. :facepalm:

Show me a cowboy that rides side-saddle and I'll show you a gay mancharo................. :smilelol

Guest LOUDMIKE

Ok seriously this is my take on this. To me the whole discussion boils down to 1sikvette being elusive about his motivation with his items. IS he basically a parts house or not? YES i am biased. YES i provide a service and I like helping people with their cars from here. With that said this is my dilema. AND YES MY SPELLING SUCKS! ( i am a mechanic, duh!) If i was a member cleaning out my garage trying to sell a few parts to make a few bucks and my post was buried by a guy that has 20 parts for sale at any given time I would be pissed. You put it in a seperate section or not I would be like this doesnt belong here. You are never going to make everyone happy. Does someone have the time to monitor or not. Probably but how do you monitor. LPM gets praise on here. NicD gets praise on here. I dont want that to end. But I also dont want the site to turn into Corvette forum where it takes 30 minutes to load because of all the adds, banners and spam bs. My take on all of this. Quick easy fix. Kudos and props from members talking about good experiences great! HEll bad experience, concerns or bitching. COOL! you want to sell something. You have to be a member. I dont care if you have 25 posts of 5000. 3 parts a week. 10 parts a month total. You have business affiliation. 1 part a a month and have to be active as a member as well. WITH businesses: No advertisement for labor or install. As far as punishment goes. I think the mods are smart enough to know what to do. I dont have 2 cents so this is just a worthless opinion.

Ok seriously this is my take on this. To me the whole discussion boils down to 1sikvette being elusive about his motivation with his items. IS he basically a parts house or not? YES i am biased. YES i provide a service and I like helping people with their cars from here. With that said this is my dilema. AND YES MY SPELLING SUCKS! ( i am a mechanic, duh!) If i was a member cleaning out my garage trying to sell a few parts to make a few bucks and my post was buried by a guy that has 20 parts for sale at any given time I would be pissed. You put it in a seperate section or not I would be like this doesnt belong here. You are never going to make everyone happy. Does someone have the time to monitor or not. Probably but how do you monitor. LPM gets praise on here. NicD gets praise on here. I dont want that to end. But I also dont want the site to turn into Corvette forum where it takes 30 minutes to load because of all the adds, banners and spam bs.

My take on all of this. Quick easy fix. Kudos and props from members talking about good experiences great! HEll bad experience, concerns or bitching. COOL! you want to sell something. You have to be a member. I dont care if you have 25 posts of 5000. 3 parts a week. 10 parts a month total. You have business affiliation. 1 part a a month and have to be active as a member as well. WITH businesses: No advertisement for labor or install. As far as punishment goes. I think the mods are smart enough to know what to do.

I dont have 2 cents so this is just a worthless opinion.

Don't be shy. What are you really saying in simple terms? With all due respect.

Guest LOUDMIKE

If I understood what you were asking I would try to answer. I dont know. Didnt mean any disrespect if it came accross that way.

If I understood what you were asking I would try to answer. I dont know. Didnt mean any disrespect if it came accross that way.

No you didn't. What would you like to see in sorta point scale?

Should there be a seperate section?

Should "vendor" such as you and me pay? etc

I just want vendors that are MEMBERS to have the same opportunity to offer products and services but believe that as "vendors" you and I should do it in a seperate section - Pay or Not - that is up to our Admin Team. I just want us, as a group of friends, to work through this issue with no bitchin, complaining or insults to each other. WE CAN DO IT.

Guest LOUDMIKE

No you didn't. What would you like to see in sorta point scale?

Should there be a seperate section?

Should "vendor" such as you and me pay? etc

I just want vendors that are MEMBERS to have the same opportunity to offer products and services but believe that as "vendors" you and I should do it in a seperate section - Pay or Not - that is up to our Admin Team. I just want us, as a group of friends, to work through this issue with no bitchin, compaining or insults to each other. WE CAN DO IT.

AGRED!!!

On a side note. I need some pineapple slushy goodness. (yes it sounds gay but you know you want one)

I didn't understand what you were trying to say, either. I think that was what John was trying to say. We're not sure what your proposed fix is from what you posted. That's all.

wickedfastvette

Here is how I personally would break it down.

1. No banner ads on the forum

2. Keep for sale section the way it is with the requirements staying what they currently are.

3. Mods watch for sale section and if it looks like a business remove said thread and it goes to Vendor area.

4. Have a seperate vendor area that you wont see unless you go into it (no banner ads)

5. Vendors make a "donation" to Ace for posting their ads and specials, with a maximum set for how many items can be posted per month.

6. ACE posts a disclaimer that they do not promote any said vendors, basically use at your own risk.

7. Pay Moderators a large monthly salary with benefits and paid vacations. (yeah I didn't think that one would work)

2. Keep for sale section the way it is with the requirements staying what they currently are.

3. Mods watch for sale section and if it looks like a business remove said thread and it goes to Vendor area.

4. Have a seperate vendor area that you wont see unless you go into it (no banner ads)

5. Vendors make a "donation" to Ace for posting their ads and specials, with a maximum set for how many items can be posted per month.

6. ACE posts a disclaimer that they do not promote any said vendors, basically use at your own risk.

7. Pay Moderators a large monthly salary with benefits and paid vacations. (yeah I didn't think that one would work)

Again, I don't care how this goes down, but Cherye I think item #5 isn't a good idea for serveral reasons IMO. One, it would start looking like the rest of the corvette forums with vendors. Even though it would be a donation, IMO its still that vendor extortion fee that all forums want you to pay to be a vendor. Two, once money is involved, I think ACE reaches a whole new level of risk if things go bad. Again, this is just my opinion, others will vary. :)

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Congrats Cherye. Almost exactly what, in my Canuck way, was trying to say. One point though. You forgot to mention that the "large monthly salary with benefits and paid vacations" would be given to all members except Moderators because we are lowly with no power.

wickedfastvette

Again, I don't care how this goes down, but Cherye I think item #5 isn't a good idea for serveral reasons IMO. One, it would start looking like the rest of the corvette forums with vendors. Even though it would be a donation, IMO its still that vendor extortion fee that all forums want you to pay to be a vendor. Two, once money is involved, I think ACE reaches a whole new level of risk if things go bad. Again, this is just my opinion, others will vary. :)

That's why I stated no banner ads! And why would it be an extortion fee if you pay a small amount to post in the Vendor section?

If ACE accepts money then we also accept a certain amount of responsibility to both parties involved in a sale!

wickedfastvette

If ACE accepts money then we also accept a certain amount of responsibility to both parties involved in a sale!

So you buy an item that is on tv or in the paper and it goes wrong are you saying the network or the paper are responsible?

Where's a damn lawyer when we need one.

:facepalm: I give up..........Dawg you would know, so after all is said and done it boils down to one of the following:

Seperate section for "vendors" with no fees or,

No selling of any kind on ACE.

I'm confused.??????????????? I am sort of a "vendor" that is also a "Supporting Member" as I donate to ACE often, so what is the difference?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.