NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

For sale: EVERYTHING

Ted Y

wickedfastvette
Ok how bout this, we don't demand that our vendors pay a charge, but let them know that a donation would be greatly appreciated. Im sure most wouldn't mind donating to help keep the forum going.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

Ok how bout this, we don't demand that our vendors pay a charge, but let them know that a donation would be greatly appreciated. Im sure most wouldn't mind donating to help keep the forum going.

OK, I'm down with that. all the vendors I'm aware of on this site are friends of ACE....shouldn't be a big deal if they really want to particpate as members as well as vendors

I strongly vote no fee. A fee gives the "vendor" too much ground to stand on if the club decides we want to boot the vendor, or limit how much they can advertise. I am all for our members having a section to advertise their wares or services. It promotes business with friends, and I think we all like to help each other. I like the idea of 3 items a week and 10 per month so it doesn't get overwhelming. I would also like to see outside vendors allowed through Mod approval. As in, Firebird is having a vette night, or something of the like. Things that we would be interested in. We invite the vendor to PM Mark or Cheyre, and if it looks all good, they post it up. Lastly, with the exception of the statement above, I think it should be noted that this section should be intended for our members to do business. The guys at LPM, Strutt, Futurenet, the tint guy, 1sikvette... Active (even semi-active) members... If someone is only here to advertise, I think it breaks the spirit of the deal, and we should act accordingly. Common sense rules....

227 posts and 12 pages in less than 2 weeks. I think that beats the last Gila Bend BBQ thread. :leaving

I've been out on a call all evening, I'll see if I can get the new section setup after I get home and showered.

I think charging is a bad idea. This would put ACE in the position of selling advertising space. There are legal and tax issues here, a road I'm sure none of us want to go down. . . I think this whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. I don't like the idea of vendors posting up their stuff on ACE. The few members we have with commercial enterprises have been (for the most part) reasonable in their business-related posts. I guess I just don't see the need for a vendor section. Just my 2 cents.

wickedfastvette

For sale: One Free Post!

Sold. Now selling it at double the paid price................

How much did you give Ted for it???

I'll pay you half the double selling price John, ONLY after you go reply to your thread in the basement.... :lol

I tbink we should charge John the special middle man vendor fee.

And a commision!

Plus international shipping and tax.

I'll pay you half the double selling price John, ONLY after you go reply to your thread in the basement.... :lol

:facepalm: You need professional help.............

I know you laughed... then I bet you right clicked and saved as..... :lol

Do orange fingers mean anything to you? :smilelol:smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

I think charging is a bad idea. This would put ACE in the position of selling advertising space. There are legal and tax issues here, a road I'm sure none of us want to go down. . .

I think this whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. I don't like the idea of vendors posting up their stuff on ACE. The few members we have with commercial enterprises have been (for the most part) reasonable in their business-related posts. I guess I just don't see the need for a vendor section.

Just my 2 cents.

Here is the way it is now. 1 member is allowed to post items for sale AT WILL for a side business in the For Sale section while other members with businesses that could offer parts and services are expressly PROHIBITED from doing so. With a new section EVERYONE will be be able to post up parts and services in a specific section created to do so. Fair for ALL members. :thumbs

Here is the way it is now. 1 member is allowed to post items for sale AT WILL for a side business in the For Sale section while other members with businesses that could offer parts and services are expressly PROHIBITED from doing so. With a new section EVERYONE will be be able to post up parts and services in a specific section created to do so. Fair for ALL members. :thumbs

Sounds good and well worth a try. Thanks for taking this on.

Ok, the new section is active, please review the rules and let me know what needs to be changed. Only those approved to be a vendor will be moved to the vendor group and they are the only ones allowed by forum settings to start a new thread.

I'm also moving this topic to the new ACE sales section since its related to that section...

wickedfastvette

Ok guys we have one more suggestion to see what you think, instead of trying to keep track of when all the vendors months start, say joe blow posted his on the 15th and sam snake posted his on the 30th and trying to keep track of everyones 10 for the month.

What do you say to no more than 10 threads per vendor at one time, in other words sam snake has 10 items listed for sale he sells one, that thread closes and he can then open a new one, it will make it alot easier to keep track of things and leaves little room for error.

Let us know what you think.

I think charging is a bad idea. This would put ACE in the position of selling advertising space. There are legal and tax issues here, a road I'm sure none of us want to go down. . .

I think this whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. I don't like the idea of vendors posting up their stuff on ACE. The few members we have with commercial enterprises have been (for the most part) reasonable in their business-related posts. I guess I just don't see the need for a vendor section.

Just my 2 cents.

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. . .

Ok, the new section is active, please review the rules and let me know what needs to be changed.

SUGGESTION: What about a disclaimer that ACE is not endorsing, referring or in any way suggesting approval of any vendor service or item offered in this area. Transactions are the sole responsibility and liability of the individual vendor(s) and customer(s) involved in the transaction.

Also, Cherye asked for feedback on:

"What do you say to no more than 10 threads per vendor at one time, in other words sam snake has 10 items listed for sale he sells one, that thread closes and he can then open a new one, it will make it alot easier to keep track of things and leaves little room for error."

I think this is a good idea, but here is a question. "10 threads" is completely different than "10 items." A vendor could have 1 item in a thread, or 25 items in a thread. Which is it that you want? I do agree with her that the "per month" method could quickly become cumbersome for the moderators.

Just my 2 cents.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.